How would Arya react to marrying the Frey boy?

She would complain massively to robb and cat that she didnt want to do it and that they couldnt make her. She would probably sulk and go along with it anyway or utilise some clever delaying tactics. In marriage she would either have a weak husband who she had under her thumb and would publicly belittle him, or someone who would try to rein her in and suffer for it. She's a bit like a wildling, her kind of husband would be the kind who had to earn her through proof of his abilities rather than some guy getting her hand in marriage on a plate.

She would have stuck him with the pointy end....of the medieval dildo she would have brought with her on the marriage night...and would have dominated him during the marriage. She probably would have abused him with her fists as well, as Gendry can attest. He would have lived in fear of her, forever.

Arya is the honeybadger of Westeros.

The "real Arya Stark" doesn't exist. All human personalities are fluid and changeable (and are constantly changing from your birth until the day you die), but hers changes much more than most. Arya is a completely different person in AGOT and ADWD, so this question needs to specify which Arya we're talking about.

She'd probably dominate the relationship, though. Elmar Frey, although a prick to his social inferiors (which was hardly unusual for medieval nobles), seems to be a fairly nice kid. He had a phobia of leeches and was dreaming about ~MARRYING A PRINCESS~ and all that.

The way the Frey system operates, with people moving up in the inheritance ranks as those above them die, there might be a sudden unexplained jump in the death rate of those above her husband. Just sayin'.

That's a fuckton of deaths, then. Elmar Frey, the guy who was betrothed to Arya, is the youngest of Walder Frey's sons.

Arya would marry Elmar Frey, but she would dominate the marriage in such a way that compared to what Elmar Frey would become as Arya's spouse Emmon Frey would look like the authoritarion lord and master of the house.

Questionable. Arya has no idea what a Queen or a King needs to do. In this aspect even worse than Robert...

To dominate a relationships is hard, if you can't go a single day without the "support" of your partner.

I guess she would pull a Robert and be anywhere except the throne room.

Thats is if it even goes this far. Not doing it is a considerable option...

Questionable. Arya has no idea what a Queen or a King needs to do. In this aspect even worse than Robert...

To dominate a relationships is hard, if you can't go a single day without the "support" of your partner.

I guess she would pull a Robert and be anywhere except the throne room.

Thats is if it even goes this far. Not doing it is a considerable option...

I was not talking about any hypothetical queenship of Arya, but about the spousal relationship between Arya and Elmar Frey. And Arya would have him under her thumb.

That said, Arya would make a fairly good Queen in the North due to her resourcefulness, adaptibility and versatility.

Honestly, I believe if Cat and Robb told her marrying a Frey would help their family, then she would have done it. Arya is a noble girl, and as such, has been raised knowing she would be married off to another Lord. Ned and her even discuss this at one point IIRC. Robb and Cat were going to pick the Frey, so they'd be sure to pick one that would treat her right and not force her to change too much. Not to mention that marrying a Frey would be for an alliance to strengthen her family, and Arya has been raised to support family no matter what.

Now, if say Arya were recaptured by Lannister forces and they tried to force her to marry (like Jeyne Poole to Ramsey) then her husband would end up dead! Especially if they tried marrying her to Ramsey and he tried to pull the shit he pulled with Jeyne. In fact, that would be a fun read :D

:agree: this.

eventually, she would agree. She was what, 9-10 when they had that conversation. Also, her family wasn't at war. Arya is impulsive, but not selfish. If Robb said her marrying a Frey or anyone else would help them win, not to mention fuck over the Lannisters some more, she'd do it.

Killing Ramsey wouldn't be easy, but if my idea came to pass after her training with the FM, say she's captured after returning to Westeros, then I think she could do it. Also, many of the non-Dreadfort men only really follow Ramsey because they think Jeyne is Arya. If the real Arya was there and fought back, they'd likely back her. Manderly would for sure.

And this.

Arya would never betray her family. Not after everything she has witnessed and how hard she fought to get back to them.

And also this.

Honestly, I believe if Cat and Robb told her marrying a Frey would help their family, then she would have done it. Arya is a noble girl, and as such, has been raised knowing she would be married off to another Lord. Ned and her even discuss this at one point IIRC. Robb and Cat were going to pick the Frey, so they'd be sure to pick one that would treat her right and not force her to change too much. Not to mention that marrying a Frey would be for an alliance to strengthen her family, and Arya has been raised to support family no matter what.

Now, if say Arya were recaptured by Lannister forces and they tried to force her to marry (like Jeyne Poole to Ramsey) then her husband would end up dead! Especially if they tried marrying her to Ramsey and he tried to pull the shit he pulled with Jeyne. In fact, that would be a fun read :D

No, she wouldn't be aflayed of Ramsay. But I do think she would run away from any marriage that didn't suit her. After all, Ned tells her she's just like Lyanna

No, she wouldn't be aflayed of Ramsay. But I do think she would run away from any marriage that didn't suit her. After all, Ned tells her she's just like Lyanna

Ramsay would not live long enough to flay her. :cool4: And Arya is willing to undergo extremly risks to try to save her family (Ned's behading, Red Wedding). Risks at to the point of self-abandonment. I am convinced, she would sacrifice her dreams for her future (as female warrior) to help her family. At least, if Robb or her mother not only give her orders but explain her the necessity.

I was wondering, what if Arya had been reunited with Robb and her mother before Robb's marriage to Jeyne?

How would she react to the news that she was to marry a Frey?

Especially that one ... :lmao:

I don't think he'd survive the years of betrothal to even reach the wedding. Even if Arya didn't kill him, he'd either die of shame or of trying to prove himself able to handle her (Quentyn Martell style).

Archived