George R.R. Martin coming to Australia

I'm sure many Australians are aware by now that George R.R. Martin and Peter Dinklage will be attending Supanova in Brisbane and Adelaide this November, but they will also be making appearances in Melbourne and Sydney:
Supanova's Website.

Personally, I'll be seeing them in both Melbourne and Adelaide.
Now, which book should I ask them to sign?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hello,

next week i will meet big george at supanova festival in brisbane... i wonder if there is anything i have to know (like the fact you can't ask him about the relase date of the next book), but what about pictures and other things?
he seems a very nice guy to me, but is always better to be prepared! any suggestions?

Hi All, I attended the talk he gave in Melbourne at the MCG Olympic Room (was fortunate to be in a smaller group talk beforehand too) and he signed my copy of the Pygmalion French edition of the first 2 Dunk and Egg novellas (published in the one volume: "Le Chevalier Errant/ L'Epee Lige"). True, there was very little time to chat but he did ask me if the translation is good to which I replied, yes, I thought so. Interestingly for fans of the D&E novellas: he indicated that there was a new 3 volume reprint of these coming soon, which would be lavishly illustrated by one of the calendar artists (I'm looking forward to that!) and more than once he indicated his determination to write several more of these novellas to continue the whole Dunk and Egg story (after Winds of Winter and Dream of Spring, of course!).

Was also the Wheeler Centre event the evening before that. Michelle Fairley was very charming - both she and GRRM engaged with the audience in a convivial way. I was surprised no one asked her about Lady Stoneheart (in fact there didn't seem to be all that many questions from either the official interviewers or the audience about book characters at all - most of the audience questions related to advice for budding writers and the like, and the interviewers focussed on his overall career). I wanted to ask about how difficult it is to write the GoT episodes compared to writing the books (any tensions felt when working within the different constraints imposed by the needs of TV and the script version of the story, compared to writing his own story)... but, alas, no time!

I really enjoyed the events, though: thank you Mr GRRMartin and Ms Fairley for your valuable time :)

Archived