Small Questions v 10016

Stubby

I know you have to negotiate with their Guild to set a price first, so it's probably possible to do that outside of Braavos, if you know where to find them.

Also remember, Arya "hired" one simply by doing one a kindness, so the rules are probably fairly fuzzy.

Well she stole 3 lives from the red god, then blackmailed Jaq and he was like that's awesome how would you like to kill people for a living? And she was all like fist bumb explosion Valar to my brother from another mother.

In ACOK what is the meaning of jojens greendream when he sees bran eating a delicious, nice looking roast and the walders are eating rotten grey food but the walders are enjoying theirs more?

I'm not going to have a chance to read it for a while and it's bugging me that I can't remember.

Do we know what religion the Targaryen family had before Aegons invasion of Westeros? I mean, we know that they adopted the faith of the seven after the conquest, but it stands to reason that they must have had some form of religion before landing in Blackwater bay.

Also: first post, yay.

In ACOK what is the meaning of jojens greendream when he sees bran eating a delicious, nice looking roast and the walders are eating rotten grey food but the walders are enjoying theirs more?

I'm not going to have a chance to read it for a while and it's bugging me that I can't remember.

Robb wins a victory but with some cost. Stevron dies moving boys up in line of Frey succession.

Do we know what religion the Targaryen family had before Aegons invasion of Westeros? I mean, we know that they adopted the faith of the seven after the conquest, but it stands to reason that they must have had some form of religion before landing in Blackwater bay.

Bienvenidos dude. The old Valyrian gods for whom Aegon's dragons were named.

Robb won a victory at Oxcross, but is unharmed. Ser Stevron Frey dies.

Bran should fell happy about this but feels sad, because he wants Robb to come back (whiney treeboy). Freys actually like this news because they have moved up in the line of succession.

Welcome to the forums Mornay. :cheers:

The Targaryens used to follow the gods worshipped in Valyria. We don't know much but the dragons Balerion, Vhagar and Meraxes were named after these gods.

Robb wins a battle unharmed and Walder Frey's heir dies. The Walder Wards move higher in the line to succeed the Twins. The delicious meat is the good news but Bran does not like it because he misses Robb. The grey meat that the Freys dine on is death, and they enjoy it more because...they are totally selfish.

The gods of Valyria. I don't know if they had a faith similar to the Seven (many names or faces for a single god) but it seems that they worshiped a bunch of gods. They named their dragons after those gods.

They named their dragons after those gods.

Nitpicking, but from this quote:

the dragons that Aegon Targaryen and his sisters had unleashed on the Seven Kingdoms of old. The singers had given them the names of gods: Balerion, Meraxes, Vhaghar.

(aGoT, Tyrion II)

It seems Aegon and his sis didn't name their dragons themselves.

Nitpicking, but from this quote:

(aGoT, Tyrion II)

It seems Aegon and his sis didn't name their dragons themselves.

Balerion was brought to Dragonstone by the Targs along with four other dragons twelve years before the Doom. During the next 100 years, four of the dragons died but Vhagar and Meraxes hatched. It is possible that Vhagar and Meraxes were around before Aegon and his sisters were born and Balerion definately was.

Balerion was brought to Dragonstone by the Targs along with four other dragons twelve years before the Doom. During the next 100 years, four of the dragons died but Vhagar and Meraxes hatched. It is possible that Vhagar and Meraxes were around before Aegon and his sisters were born and Balerion definately was.

Source please? :bowdown:

How do you hire a faceless man? Do you have to go to Braavos or do they have intermediaries?

Their rules say you have to go there and sacrifice something, but that is stupid, LF said you can hire them and they have agents in a lot of places, but I think you need to send someone to Bravoos.

I know you have to negotiate with their Guild to set a price first, so it's probably possible to do that outside of Braavos, if you know where to find them.

Also remember, Arya "hired" one simply by doing one a kindness, so the rules are probably fairly fuzzy

Did Queen Rhaella attend the Tourney at Harrenhal?

No she was at King's Landing. As soon as Jaime was named to the Kingsguard, he was sent back to guard her.

I saw the answer after I multiquoted the question, so :agree:

:thumbsup: :cheers: :dunce: :cheers: The old valyrian gods, from whom the dragons are named.

Archived