Small Questions v 10016

Stubby

Robb won a victory at Oxcross, but is unharmed. Ser Stevron Frey dies.

Bran should fell happy about this but feels sad, because he wants Robb to come back (whiney treeboy). Freys actually like this news because they have moved up in the line of succession.

Welcome to the forums Mornay. :cheers:

The Targaryens used to follow the gods worshipped in Valyria. We don't know much but the dragons Balerion, Vhagar and Meraxes were named after these gods.

3 Gods. You also posted a Martin interview earlier, did you read the part about puzzles and enigmas?

3 Gods. You also posted a Martin interview earlier, did you read the part about puzzles and enigmas?

When he talks about Gene Wolfe, yes Ser Creighton. I see what you seem to be suggesting, it's interesting. Hmmm. But let's not spell it out and just go along with theme, yes? :D

So...the destruction of Hardhome. With all the fire I must have assumed another volcanic disaster but Im thinking it was actually an attack, likely from Skagos, maybe with Skane, which included burning of the town and a good part of the Haunted Forest to make so much ash.

Mace is unlikely to be regent considering the debacle with Cersei vs Margaery. Maybe Devan will come to KL?

I dont get that logic. He's going to try for it I think. Cersei will fight him or will not. LF and Varys separately will try to pursue their opposite agendas.

When he talks about Gene Wolfe, yes Ser Creighton. I see what you seem to be suggesting, it's interesting. Hmmm. But let's not spell it out and just go along with theme, yes? :D

I got to have some fun with it, after all according to some he has never used anything like that in his books, ever. Come on you know if I see a small wound I am going to pack on the salt.

I dont get that logic. He's going to try for it I think. Cersei will fight him or will not. LF and Varys separately will try to pursue their opposite agendas.

He will try but he probably won't get it unless Margaery is proven innocent of her charges of adultery? The SC may not give Regency to him because it's kind of bad press, his daughter being on trial. That's what I think will be the main reason he won't get it. Cersei may fight him but Kevan's chapter describes her as a meek and quiet shadow of her former self, he walk shamed her. LF and Varys won't be regents. Varys is wanted and LF is off with his whole Sansa plan.

So...the destruction of Hardhome. With all the fire I must have assumed another volcanic disaster but Im thinking it was actually an attack, likely from Skagos, maybe with Skane, which included burning of the town and a good part of the Haunted Forest to make so much ash.

I'm crackpot on this.. I think that it was a test run for The Doomtm.

He will try but he probably won't get it unless Margaery is proven innocent of her charges of adultery? The SC may not give Regency to him because it's kind of bad press, his daughter being on trial. That's what I think will be the main reason he won't get it. Cersei may fight him but Kevan's chapter describes her as a meek and quiet shadow of her former self, he walk shamed her. LF and Varys won't be regents. Varys is wanted and LF is off with his whole Sansa plan.

You buy her subdued act?! Bwah! you are the only one including Kevan. She'll bounce back eventually. If Mace is in power, which he is, Margaery isnt going to be found guilty. And since Loras is likely not even singed he can defend her against whoever would go against her in combat.

The doom was volcanic. Nothing like a volcano, lava, natural explosions, tsunamis, etc were mentioned. Also there were cannibal invaders at Hardhome. Valyria was pretty much depopulated by lots of volcanic and tsunami activity and remains so, including continuing to steam. That's why I began to suspect a fundamental difference

You buy her subdued act?! Bwah! you are the only one including Kevan. She'll bounce back eventually. If Mace is in power, which he is, Margaery isnt going to be found guilty. And since Loras is likely not even singed he can defend her against whoever would go against her in combat.

There is a theory that it wasn't even Cersei in Kevan's chapter, and that Qyburn has made some sort of clone of her. Not that I believe this theory but...we don't know what he is doing with the females down there :P But would it be Loras vs Robert Strong? Or someone that the Faith chooses to fight against Margaery's champion?

I'm torn between that or the first meeting between wargs and dragons.

The doom was volcanic. Nothing like a volcano, lava, natural explosions, tsunamis, etc were mentioned. Also there were cannibal invaders at Hardhome. Valyria was pretty much depopulated by lots of volcanic and tsunami activity and remains so, including continuing to steam. That's why I began to suspect a fundamental difference

Well there was a fire so bright that the NW thought the sun was setting in the north. And some ash fall as well IIRC, so it could well be volcanic. But like I say, it was dragonwarging imo. That would explain the slavers carrying people off as Valyria practiced slavery.

But would it be Loras vs Robert Strong? Or someone that the Faith chooses to fight against Margaery's champion?

Margaery has opted for a regular trial, not trial by combat, so there'll be no champions. Cersei, on the other hand, wanted trial be combat, so her champion (Robert Strong) will fight against Faith's.

If, hypothetically, someone, who for the sake of convenience we will call Ser Nymeria.....discovered before the trial the Robert Strog was Gregor Clegane, in this situation what would happen? Would Cersei be convicted of more crimes (along with Qyburn) and be forced to use another champion (leaving Blount or Trant) or would she be guilty by default?

If, hypothetically, someone, who for the sake of convenience we will call Ser Nymeria.....discovered before the trial the Robert Strog was Gregor Clegane, in this situation what would happen? Would Cersei be convicted of more crimes (along with Qyburn) and be forced to use another champion (leaving Blount or Trant) or would she be guilty by default?

I'm going to say that Cercei would be allowed to select another champion since she was not the one who got Robert strong appointed to the KG. Qyburn, otoh, may find himself a guest of the black cells.

Hello SQ crew :)

Anyone have a link to a good discussion about Targs warging their dragons?

I don't have a thread for you, but I really don't think they were warging (skinchanging if you wanna get technical) their dragons. We're told they used "spells and sorcerous horns" to control the dragons. Also warging seems to be an Old Gods/First Men thing that they learned from the Children of the Forest, and the Targaryens would not have encountered the Children. We know they were only able to bond to one dragon each, and there doesn't seem to be a restriction like that with wargs.

I don't have a thread for you, but I really don't think they were warging (skinchanging if you wanna get technical) their dragons. We're told they used "spells and sorcerous horns" to control the dragons. Also warging seems to be an Old Gods/First Men thing that they learned from the Children of the Forest, and the Targaryens would not have encountered the Children. We know they were only able to bond to one dragon each, and there doesn't seem to be a restriction like that with wargs.

Gods yes, I do want to be technical. You never know when you'll get in a pointless argument about the difference between warging and skinchanging when you've used one term carelessly ;)

I'm interested in finding out what others have said about the possibility of there being a connection similar to that of a skinchanger and familiar (is that the right term?) between Targs and dragons. So it needn't be identical to skinchanging per se, but a parallel ability.

I know it's been discussed but my search mojo is failing me.

btw- how do we know that Targs only bond with one dragon? I believe it, I'm just curious if you remember the source?

Gods yes, I do want to be technical. You never know when you'll get in a pointless argument about the difference between warging and skinchanging when you've used one term carelessly ;)

I'm interested in finding out what others have said about the possibility of there being a connection similar to that of a skinchanger and familiar (is that the right term?) between Targs and dragons. So it needn't be identical to skinchanging per se, but a parallel ability.

I know it's been discussed but my search mojo is failing me.

btw- how do we know that Targs only bond with one dragon? I believe it, I'm just curious if you remember the source?

Hey personally I just use Warging because it sounds better.

“One of them. All I know of dragons is what my brother told me when I was a girl, and some I read in books, but it is said that even Aegon the Conqueror never dared mount Vhagar or Meraxes, nor did his sisters ride Balerion the Black Dread. Dragons live longer than men, some for hundreds of years, so Balerion had other riders after Aegon died … but no rider ever flew two dragons.”

Archived