Small Questions v 10016

Stubby

Hey personally I just use Warging because it sounds better.

Lol, me too. I've seen it get pretty heated though.

Thanks for the quote :cheers:

So do most of the rest of us, if that's the only part of your statement that they can find fault with then they have already lost the argument. :)

So...the destruction of Hardhome. With all the fire I must have assumed another volcanic disaster but Im thinking it was actually an attack, likely from Skagos, maybe with Skane, which included burning of the town and a good part of the Haunted Forest to make so much ash.

I think Hardhome may have been volcanic, there has to be one up there somewhere or else where would the CotF have gotten all the dragonglass over the years, but truth is we don't know one way or the other yet.

I think Hardhome may have been volcanic, there has to be one up there somewhere or else where would the CotF have gotten all the dragonglass over the years, but truth is we don't know one way or the other yet.

I'd never considered where cotf got their dragonglass from! Yes, there has to be one there.

Any active volcano or dead volcano in 7K?

Dragonstone most likely, there's also geothermal activity around Winterfell. And with all the dragonglass that has changed hands in the north(of the Wall) there most likely is a source of obsidian somewhere. I don't have my ebooks at the moments so this is mostly speculation.

edt clarification

I'm sure this has been asked before, but anyways here it goes...

Is there a difference between the Dance of Dragons and the Dance with Dragons? It just seems to me that GRRM change the diescription onpurposely, as if whatever is going to happen is not going to be like what happened the first time around.

It kind reminds me of the HOTU prophesy:

. . . three fires must you light . . . one for life and one for death and one to love . . .

It might be nothing, but it just seem curious to me.

THANKS!

Is there a difference between the Dance of Dragons and the Dance with Dragons? It just seems to me that GRRM change the diescription onpurposely, as if whatever is going to happen is not going to be like what happened the first time around.

A Dance with Dragons is actually the fifth book.

The Dance of the Dragons is an event happening befor ASoIaF, it's another war going on there ;) http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Dance_of_the_Dragons

... and a song describing the conflict http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/The_Dance_of_the_Dragons_%28song%29

It kind reminds me of the HOTU prophesy:

. . . three fires must you light . . . one for life and one for death and one to love . . .

It might be nothing, but it just seem curious to me.

THANKS!

A Dance with Dragons is simply the titel of the 5th book in the series.

The Dance of the Dragons was a civil war, fought between two fractions of the Targaryen family. It was a war of succesion between half-sister Rhaenyra and half-brother Aegon II, after their father, Viserys I, died. A story about the Dance of Dragons will be out early december, in the book Dangerous Women. A larger version of the story will be out in the future, in another book with lots of history about the Seven Kingdoms in it.

And of course, because why make something easy when we can make it difficult, there is also a song in the asoiaf-series, called the Dance of the Dragons, which, as the name suggests, tells the story of the war between Rhaenyra and Aegon II.

Whether the titel of the 5th book has a deeper meaning, I wouldn't dare to say now. It could be a reference to Dany's struggle in Meereen, while she is trying to learn how to be a good queen, and several fractions that oppose her are causing trouble. Also, Aegon is introduced in this book, another dragon. And Bloodraven makes an appearance. That's a lot of dragons, and they each interact with different characters. Perhaps that is what the title is referring to? That instead of dragon fighting dragon (dance of the dragons), there is fighting with dragons?

Perhaps this helps.

D

A Dance with Dragons is actually the fifth book.

The Dance of the Dragons is an event happening befor ASoIaF, it's another war going on there ;) http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Dance_of_the_Dragons

... and a song describing the conflict http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/The_Dance_of_the_Dragons_%28song%29

Thank you for the info.

I did realize that, I know about the theories regarding the DoD 2.0

However, I thought that originally the Dance of Drangons (2.0) was going to take place in the fith book, GRRM had planned for Dany to be in Westeros by then. I guess I was wondering why he named the book that way, instead of just A Dance of Dragons. But it's probably nothing...

Thanks again!

This might've been posted a gazillion times here. But please can someone give me a reference (SSM or book) clarifying that AAR and TPtwP are the same person.

There are two places in the books where Aemon & Melisandre use the terms interchangably. Mel uses the PTWP in one of the Davos chapters, I believe in Storm. And of course Aemon is clearly consider the the two names simultaneously.

There are two places in the books where Aemon & Melisandre use the terms interchangably. Mel uses the PTWP in one of the Davos chapters, I believe in Storm. And of course Aemon is clearly consider the the two names simultaneously.

Just to add to this, there seems to be an overlap between the AA and TPtwP prophecies suggesting that they may refer to the same person. Aemon initially believed Rhaegar to be TPtwP due to him being born at Summerhall (smoke from the fire that devoured Summerhall and salt from the tears of those grieving). Rhaegar later believed Aegon to be TPtwP because a comet was seen above KL on the day of his conception. Rhaegar believed the comet to be the bleeding star.

Thank you for the info.

I did realize that, I know about the theories regarding the DoD 2.0

However, I thought that originally the Dance of Drangons (2.0) was going to take place in the fith book, GRRM had planned for Dany to be in Westeros by then. I guess I was wondering why he named the book that way, instead of just A Dance of Dragons. But it's probably nothing...

Thanks again!

I think that the title of the book referred more the dance of the targaryens (dragons) than to actually dragons (Dany. Jon, Aegon).

Archived