Small Questions v 10016

Stubby

I think also Brown Ben never really appeared dangerous to the dragons. Quentyn showed up to abduct them. Dany was also friendly with Brown Ben, when they were younger so they might not have been as aggressive as they became in their pit.

Yes, they have never been aggressive to any human, unless harmed or threated. (I don't believe the Hazzea-thing.) I consider them like dogs in this case. Dogs that grow up with (sane) humans are never aggressive unless they/their pack is attacked/harmed/threated. And dogs may also be trained to attack when commanded.

Yes, they have never been aggressive to any human, unless harmed or threated. (I don't believe the Hazzea-thing.) I consider them like dogs in this case. Dogs that grow up with (sane) humans are never aggressive unless they/their pack is attacked/harmed/threated. And dogs may also be trained to attack when commanded.

Dragons are fire made flesh, and fire is power.

It's worth noting, though, how dragons weren't friendly at all towards Quentyn, who has more dragon blood than Brown Ben. Or how, during Dance of Dragons, dragon devoured Rhaenyra Targaryen (obviously her blood didn't help her).

As was stated somewhere on this forum, dragons aren't paternity test.

Yup that's why I said It may be true and if it is but you didn't include that in your quote :box: And also, Quentyn was a threat to them and they were already angry from being cooped up

Yup that's why I said It may be true and if it is but you didn't include that in your quote :box: And also, Quentyn was a threat to them and they were already angry from being cooped up

I really meant no offense and I don't intend to go into (verbal) boxing match.

My point was how it's obviously not true that so called dragon's blood influences dragons' behaviour towards someone and I provided examples from the books to support my claim. Simply put, too many times it happened that dragons were either friendly towards people who have no Targ blood (Daario, Dany's handmaidens) or were hostile towards people with Targ blood (Quentyn, whole Dance of Dragons).

I thought it was interesting that one of dragons was somewhat responsive to him, but, alas, he forgot about the other one.

Yeah Viserion is kind of more friendly/easygoing/obedient. It listened to Quentyn and it even produced fire when Jorah said Dracarys.

Rhaegal has the potential to become an ass, though.

I really meant no offense and I don't intend to go into (verbal) boxing match.

My point was how it's obviously not true that so called dragon's blood influences dragons' behaviour towards someone and I provided examples from the books to support my claim. Simply put, too many times it happened that dragons were either friendly towards people who have no Targ blood (Daario, Dany's handmaidens) or were hostile towards people with Targ blood (Quentyn, whole Dance of Dragons).

No no I just thought the smiley looked cool lol. << I am new on the forums. But yes we are in agreement. But on the small chance that GRRM decides to say "Hey screw it, the Targaryen blood influences dragons because blood magic and horns" then my 3 points in my original post would apply. It was merely a hypothetical world where GRRM makes mistakes. :grouphug:

No no I just thought the smiley looked cool lol. << I am new on the forums. But yes we are in agreement. But on the small chance that GRRM decides to say "Hey screw it, the Targaryen blood influences dragons because blood magic and horns" then my 3 points in my original post would apply. It was merely a hypothetical world where GRRM makes mistakes. :grouphug:

Its ok - I've been in way more ferocious arguments than this one. We're cool :)

Another problem I see was the fact that Targs weren't the only dragon-riding family of Old Valyria - they were just one out of many. Let's assume that all of dragon-riders had dragon's blood. Given that Valyrian Empire lasted for several millenia, I'd imagine that all of Essosi are somehow descended from at least one dragon-rider and thus have dragon's blood (recently I've read that all of the Europeans are descended from Charlemagne, and he was just one man who lived merely 1200 years ago). Instead of being valuable commodity, dragon's blood would become worthless simply because everyone has it.

I believe taming dragons has more to do with training and/or magic, but I'll guess we'll have to wait Winds of Winter to explain on the issue.

Yeah Viserion is kind of more friendly/easygoing/obedient. It listened to Quentyn and it even produced fire when Jorah said Dracarys.

Rhaegal has the potential to become an ass, though.

I think I read the theory somewhere on these forums that Drogon is connected to Drogo and Viserion to Rhaego, which kind of leaves MMD for Rhaegal...

A very small question: Are the Tullys the only noble ones in the Seven Kingdoms with a distinctive auburn hair?

The only ones we are told about...

Who was Aerys mother?

Jaeherys, like all of egg's children married for love, so her origins are currently unknown.

In Jon's chapter in AGOT where he confronts the wight and saves the LC, he thinks of Lady being killed and Nymeria missing. How would he have known this?

This has been discussed multiple times and I have not seen a definitive answer, maybe its a flow on how messages travel in westeros (via the ravenweb)

I didn't get an answer, so I'm posting this again. Please someone help. No Dany fans here?

I searched several sites I know, and could only find these pages which more or less repeat the same stuff:

http://towerofthehand.com/essays/chrisholden/azor_ahai_reborn.html

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Azor_Ahai/Theories#Daenerys_Targaryen

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WMG/ASongOfIceAndFirePartI (page is very long; do find function in your browser and type "Daenerys is Azor Ahai reborn")

I guess Dany=AAR theory is very old and already discussed so much that these old discussions are buried under tons of different theories.

I searched several sites I know, and could only find these pages which more or less repeat the same stuff:

http://towerofthehand.com/essays/chrisholden/azor_ahai_reborn.html

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Azor_Ahai/Theories#Daenerys_Targaryen

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WMG/ASongOfIceAndFirePartI (page is very long; do find function in your browser and type "Daenerys is Azor Ahai reborn")

I guess Dany=AAR theory is very old and already discussed so much that these old discussions are buried under tons of different theories.

Thanks. But yes the theories are all buried that's why I have trouble finding them. :(

Archived