Small Questions v 10016

Stubby

Forgot to post my question with my answer, woops!

In Dany's wedding to Hizdhar chapter from Dance, she asks Barristan who her parents would have married if they could have wed for love. He explains about Rhaella and a young knight from the Stormlands who wore her favour, but when she wed he put aside his lance and became particularly pious. Do we know who this was? My initial thoughts were Barristan himself until the pious part, and then I thought of Septon Meribald, the HS and the Elder Brother. Anyone got any ideas??

Forgot to post my question with my answer, woops!

In Dany's wedding to Hizdhar chapter from Dance, she asks Barristan who her parents would have married if they could have wed for love. He explains about Rhaella and a young knight from the Stormlands who wore her favour, but when she wed he put aside his lance and became particularly pious. Do we know who this was? My initial thoughts were Barristan himself until the pious part, and then I thought of Septon Meribald, the HS and the Elder Brother. Anyone got any ideas??

Ser Bonifer Hasty.

No particular reason really, just the preference of the individual poster. I favour FM and CoTF.

Unfortunately FM is usually used for Faceless Men though, which may be the cause of some confusion :)

acually I was asking about something else, sorry for my poorly worded question. I'm curious why GRRM writes "First Men" with capital letters and "children of the forest" not. Because two names of races, why use the difference? I flipped through the books and phrase "children of the forest" is always written in small letters.

acually I was asking about something else, sorry for my poorly worded question. I'm curious why GRRM writes "First Men" with capital letters and "children of the forest" not. Because two names of races, why use the difference? I flipped through the books and phrase "children of the forest" is always written in small letters.

I could be wrong here but I thing that CoTF is actually a colloquial term used by humans to describe them. This could be a reason why it is written in the lower case as it does not refer to their true name. According to Leaf, their name in the true tongue means "those who sing the song of earth". Perhaps their name in the true tongue would be capitalised as it would refer to their true name.

Oh! Is this confirmed??? But seriously, how didn't I think of that, hehe. It makes so much more sense

It's confirmed in the app for sure, if nowhere else.

A jouster of some note in his youth, Ser Bonifer becomes infatuated with Princess Rhaella. But when she weds Prince Aerys, he gives up jousting and turns pious, claiming that only the Maiden can replace Rhaella in his heart.

So, in 233 Aegon V sent Bloodraven to the Wall, with Aemon tagging along. Bloodraven rose high and became LC, meaning he would have a lot communication with Aemon, right? Is there any reference to this in the books? If there is not, can you give me your best guess as to what their relationship was like? I hope we get to read some of it in TWOIAF.

So, in 233 Aegon V sent Bloodraven to the Wall, with Aemon tagging along. Bloodraven rose high and became LC, meaning he would have a lot communication with Aemon, right? Is there any reference to this in the books? If there is not, can you give me your best guess as to what their relationship was like? I hope we get to read some of it in TWOIAF.

Oddly I don't think Aemon ever mentions Bloodraven other than that he traveled up with him. It is possible that they were serving at different castles for most of their time in the watch.

How did Ned have iced milk in King's Landing?

Hmm.... this is a very interesting question and unfortunately I don't think there is a reasonable answer. This the the quote from AGoT:

I can offer you a cup of iced milk, sweetened with honey. I find it most refreshing in this heat.” There was no denying the heat; Ned could feel the silk tunic clinging to his chest.

Afaik, there is no refrigeration technology in KL so I have no clue as to how there could be iced milk.

Archived