Small Questions v 10016

Stubby

This is from Jons dream in adwd...

"I am the Lord of Winterfell,” Jon screamed.

I'm sure its a reference to another passage, but i cant quite remember. It might be a game him and robb used to play. Where is it, quote pls?

yolkboy, its in Storm when Jon practises with Iron Emmett and loses his cool.

Every morning they had trained together, since they were big enough to walk; Snow and Stark, spinning and slashing about the wards of Winterfell, shouting and laughing, sometimes crying when there was no one else to see. They were not little boys when they fought, but knights and mighty heroes.

"I'm Prince Aemon the Dragonknight," Jon would call out, and Robb would shout back, "Well, I'm Florian the Fool."
Or Robb would say, "I'm the Young Dragon," and Jon would reply, "I'm Ser Ryam Redwyne."
That morning he called it first. "I'm Lord of Winterfell!" he cried, as he had a hundred times before. only this time, this time, Robb had answered, "You can't be Lord of Winterfell, you're bastard-born. My lady mother says you can't ever be the Lord of Winterfell."

Is there an allusion to Mel arriving at dragonstone in GoT? I thought someone mentioned that she had arrived, although not mention her name.

Do we know what was happening in GoT when she had arrived approximately? Where would we be on the timeline?

Is there an allusion to Mel arriving at dragonstone in GoT? I thought someone mentioned that she had arrived, although not mention her name.

Do we know what was happening in GoT when she had arrived approximately? Where would we be on the timeline?

I'm fairly sure there isn't. I don't think we really know when she arrived, if it is mentioned I'm sure it's early in ACoK.

Jorah slays Qotho (Drogo's bloodrider) in single combat, does this show that Jorah is insanely skilled or that Westorosi knights are always going to beat a Dothraki.

Not to insult Jorah's skills, but Jorah was wearing chainmail, greaves and a gorget protecting his neck. Even then Jorah was badly injured and only won because Qotho's arakhs got stuck in his hip-bone.

I'm fairly sure there isn't. I don't think we really know when she arrived, if it is mentioned I'm sure it's early in ACoK.

Later on in Clash or Storm LF recalls Varys reporting that a red priest had taken up residence on DS. Presumeably Stannis wasn't present at the small council meetin that day. Or it woulda been a bit awkward, no?

why did jojen reed think that Ned would've told bran the story of the tourney at harrenhall and the knight of the laughing tree? idk it just doesn't seem like something that ned would necessarily tell his children and jojen asks several times if bran is sure he never heard it. is there any significance to that.

Because Ned and his family are heavily involved in this story, and Reeds find it strange that Ned hasn't told his kids about it. When you look at it, Meera's story of Harrenhall and KOTLT contains:

- first mention of interaction between Ned and his trusted friend Howland Reed

- symbolically - Starks being good overlords (Lyanna defending Howland)

- possible hint of Ned+Ashara

- possible hint of Brandon+Ashara

- heroic appearance of KOTLT (most likely Lyanna)

- hint of beginning of love story between Lyanna and Rhaegar

Reed siblings simply assumed Ned told his children story so important for Stark family and their latter actions.

There is a mention of Melisandre in aGoT, in Tyrion IX, after the Battle of the Green Fork, when Tyrion learns from Tywin that Renly has proclaimed himself king.

"What of Stannis? He's the elder, not Renly. How does he feel about his brother's claim?"

His father frowned. "I have felt from the beginning that Stannis was a greater danger than all the others combined. Yet he does nothing. Oh, Varys hears his whispers. Stannis is building ships, Stannis is hiring sellswords, Stannis is bringing a shadowbinder from Asshai. What does it mean? Is any of it true?" He gave an irritated shrug. "Kevan, bring us the map."

So it seems Melisandre was coming in Dragonstone quite early !

I'm on my first re-read of the series to find and understand parts I may have missed. In a GOT when eddard is telling robert about jamie and the lannisters after the sack of kl, he says that he feels like the dragons in the tr are watching him. My Q is, can br or bran see through dead eyes?

There is no evidence currently that Bran or BR can see through eyes of the dead.

So in SOS ygritee and tormund and his crew start singing the song about the last giant or whatever. and then ygritte starts crying and jon's like "theres hundreds of giants bro chill out" and she's like "hundreds!?! you know nothing jon snow" wtf was that whole thing about. like are there not hundreds of giants why was she crying

Archived