Small Questions v 10016

Stubby

Has anyone already made a Cersei-analysis comparing Aerys' Duskendale to her imprisonment by the HS? Thinking of making a thread about it, but that would be superfluous if one already existed.

To my knowledge that has not yet been done (I could be wrong). However might I say I think it would be a fantastic topic and I would love to read it and contribute.

If he realized his childhood dream and became a member of the KIngsguard, would Bran have been the first northerner to do so?

Possibly. We don't have complete list of all Kingsguard members through history to confirm or deny this. Given how knighthood exists in the North (about 1 in 10 heavy cavalryman in knighted), it's plausible there were some Northern Kingsguard in 300 years of its existence.

Or maybe not. For example, brief look through known members of KG reveals no mention of any Northermen.

Has anyone already made a Cersei-analysis comparing Aerys' Duskendale to her imprisonment by the HS? Thinking of making a thread about it, but that would be superfluous if one already existed.

I can't remember any such thread..

If he realized his childhood dream and became a member of the KIngsguard, would Bran have been the first northerner to do so?

The first that we are aware of, yes. Unless House Cole is/was a northern house. Cole sounds like it could be a First Men name.

So in SOS ygritee and tormund and his crew start singing the song about the last giant or whatever. and then ygritte starts crying and jon's like "theres hundreds of giants bro chill out" and she's like "hundreds!?! you know nothing jon snow" wtf was that whole thing about. like are there not hundreds of giants why was she crying

Because there used to be thousands? Same reason people are upset about Polar Bears and other animal species that are declining in the real world.

The first that we are aware of, yes. Unless House Cole is/was a northern house. Cole sounds like it could be a First Men name.

Its been annoying me for a while to figure out why we don't know of any Northern KG (given that they are believed to be pretty awesome warriors). I was hoping D&E would shed some light on it but alas, darkness remains. Although I agree with you, Cole is perhaps the more likely.

Can somebody please explain me in short form why people think Aegon is fake?

Several reasons.

Illyrio is involved. People don't believe Illyrio to simply want a position in Westeros, when he's doing so well in Pentos, and all his slaves and such would be illegal in Westeros.

Varys is involved. People tend to not believe anything Varys does.

Also, the name Varys is a Targaryen name according to some, and they see this as a reason that Varys is a sever Blackfyre, and Blackfyre's wouldn't support Targaryens. The name Varys is actually a Valyrian name though, not necessarily a Targaryen name.

Dany is warned not to trust the mummers dragon. Varys was once a mummer, Aegon is his dragon.

The baby swap story. Many readers don't believe it could have worked. They think Elia would have noticed a swap.

But is mostly derives from the theory that Aegon is the son of Serra and Illyrio, and that Varys is Serra's brother, and that both Serra and Varys are Blackfyre's (from the female line)

As you might have noticed by my words, I don't believe Aegon to be fake though :)

EDIT: Illyrio tells Tyrion at one point, red or black (Targaryen or Blackfyre), a dragon is a dragon. This also often used as an argument by the fAegon people

Several reasons.

Illyrio is involved. People don't believe Illyrio to simply want a position in Westeros, when he's doing so well in Pentos, and all his slaves and such would be illegal in Westeros.

Varys is involved. People tend to not believe anything Varys does.

Also, the name Varys is a Targaryen name according to some, and they see this as a reason that Varys is a sever Blackfyre, and Blackfyre's wouldn't support Targaryens. The name Varys is actually a Valyrian name though, not necessarily a Targaryen name.

Dany is warned not to trust the mummers dragon. Varys was once a mummer, Aegon is his dragon.

The baby swap story. Many readers don't believe it could have worked. They think Elia would have noticed a swap.

But is mostly derives from the theory that Aegon is the son of Serra and Illyrio, and that Varys is Serra's brother, and that both Serra and Varys are Blackfyre's (from the female line)

As you might have noticed by my words, I don't believe Aegon to be fake though :)

EDIT: Illyrio tells Tyrion at one point, red or black (Targaryen or Blackfyre), a dragon is a dragon. This also often used as an argument by the fAegon people

Is there actually textual evidence for this or is this just what people have assumed? The only thing I can think of off hand is the brief description of the picture of Serra that Illyrio keeps in his locket where she has silver gold hair which is common in Lys. But I tend to miss loads of stuff

Yeah, but everyone lies and builds there own intrigues. Well, there is the other thread but just to point it out: the original plan was to get Aegon and Tyrion to Dany, would this all have been a plan to assassinate her or use her? Are blackfyres able to control dragons?

Is there actually textual evidence for this or is this just what people have assumed? The only thing I can think of off hand is the brief description of the picture of Serra that Illyrio keeps in his locket where she has silver gold hair which is common in Lys. But I tend to miss loads of stuff

No, there is absolutely no textual evidence for Varys and Serra being related. Some people have thought of this because of Varys' Valyrian name and Serra's Valyrian appearance, and the fact that Varys and Illyrio obviously know each other. Indeed, Serra's appearance is not uncommon in Lys. There has not been any indication that Serra and Varys are related at all, so don't worry :) you didn't miss anything about that.

Yeah, but everyone lies and builds there own intrigues. Well, there is the other thread but just to point it out: the original plan was to get Aegon and Tyrion to Dany, would this all have been a plan to assassinate her or use her? Are blackfyres able to control dragons?

The original plan was to get Tyrion to Aegon and Aegon and his gang to Daenerys, so Aegon could reveal himself to Dany and they could marry, establishing a strong, Targaryen husband and wife, a Targaryen King and Queen. They did not want to kill her at all, they needed her. She has the dragons after all. They wanted her help, her cooperation. I wouldn't go as far as to say Aegon would "use" her, he seems like a decent lad. But of course we don't know what Aegons advisors want.

Targaryens are known to be dragonriders, and to have prophetic dreams. We know of Daenys the Dreamer, who knew before off the Doom, and Prince Daeron, Maekar's eldest son, who dreamed of Dunk standing next to a death dragon, which also came true. And then there is King Daemon II, who had dreamed of Dunk is the armor of the Kingsguard (something we know will come true eventually in the Dunk and Egg stories) and who dreamed of a dragon hatching at Whitewalls (which he believed to be himself, but who turned out to be Egg). And Daemon II was a Blackfyre. As Bloodraven said, "There have Always been Targaryens who dreamed of things to come, since long before the Conquest, so we should not be surprised if from time to time a Blackfyre displays the gift as well."

If Blackfyre's can have the prophetic dreams that Targaryens sometimes have, they why wouldn't they be capable of controling a dragon? They have the same blood after all, and both of Daemon I's parents were Targaryens, so he has the bloodline going for him.

I don't think it's only about what blood you have. Quentyn Martell had Targaryen blood, yet the dragons didn't listen to him. Having Targaryen blood is not the only thing you need, but it probably is one of the demands of controling a dragon.

Hope it helps! :)

You mean, is there textual evidence that Serra and Varys are siblings? No, there's not. It's just a popular assumption.

Since Daemon Blackfyre was born way after the last dragon died, there's no evidence either way.

Personally, I think that controlling dragons has little do to with blood, and more with training and/or magic. If that's the case, than Blackfyres would be able to control the dragons (just like pretty much everyone).

Why do people think tyrion is a targ..... I've never read anything in books that backs it up. Besides grrm shows tyrion to have more in common with tywin than any lannister. And I like to think of him as lan the clever.

The theory says Aerys slept with/raped Joanna Lannister, and it relies on Tyrion looks nothing like his siblings (and people assume his deformity is the result of his father being product of incest, so he carried some bad genes to his son), has dragon dreams and was told by Tywin I can't proove you're not mine.

Try to search for terms like Tyrion Targ or A+J=T - you should get enough threads/posts about this theory.

Why do people think tyrion is a targ..... I've never read anything in books that backs it up. Besides grrm shows tyrion to have more in common with tywin than any lannister. And I like to think of him as lan the clever.

People think Tyrion is a Targaryen for several reasons, though there is no hard evidence.

Tyrion has eyes with a different colour. He has a green eye (Lannisters usually have green eye colour) and a black eye (which could be a very deep purple, the Targaryen eye colour). Shiera Seastar, a bastard daughter of Aegon IV, has different colours for each eye as well (one green, one blue). The blue one could be seen as a very, very light purple.

Tyrion is sort of obsessed with dragons, and there are people that assume that that will be the reason that Tyrion will eventually get to ride a dragon. And dragonriding happens to be something Targaryens do.

Aerys II was fond of Joanna Lannister, Tyrions mother, and would have wanted to sleep with her. He even joked at the wedding of Joanna and Tywin that it was a shame that the Lords Right was no longer in practice. This brought to life the theory that Aerys and Joanna once slept together, even with Joanna's consent, or without it. And that would have led to the birth of Tyrion.

There are many treads about this, and as Knight of the Winter pointed out, a lot can easily be found if you know what terms to look for. Good luck!

Oops! Forgot to post my own question!

Daeron II married Myriah Martell and his sister Daenarys married Prince Maron Martell. The age difference between Daeron and Daenerys makes me assume that Myriah was much older than Maron.

Were Maron and Myriah brother and sister? Or were they related another way? I haven't been able to find the answer in the books, but perhaps something has been mentioned by GRRM in a SSM that I simply don't know of. Does anyone know how Maron and Myriah are related?

No, there is absolutely no textual evidence for Varys and Serra being related. Some people have thought of this because of Varys' Valyrian name and Serra's Valyrian appearance, and the fact that Varys and Illyrio obviously know each other. Indeed, Serra's appearance is not uncommon in Lys. There has not been any indication that Serra and Varys are related at all, so don't worry :) you didn't miss anything about that.

The original plan was to get Tyrion to Aegon and Aegon and his gang to Daenerys, so Aegon could reveal himself to Dany and they could marry, establishing a strong, Targaryen husband and wife, a Targaryen King and Queen. They did not want to kill her at all, they needed her. She has the dragons after all. They wanted her help, her cooperation. I wouldn't go as far as to say Aegon would "use" her, he seems like a decent lad. But of course we don't know what Aegons advisors want.

Targaryens are known to be dragonriders, and to have prophetic dreams. We know of Daenys the Dreamer, who knew before off the Doom, and Prince Daeron, Maekar's eldest son, who dreamed of Dunk standing next to a death dragon, which also came true. And then there is King Daemon II, who had dreamed of Dunk is the armor of the Kingsguard (something we know will come true eventually in the Dunk and Egg stories) and who dreamed of a dragon hatching at Whitewalls (which he believed to be himself, but who turned out to be Egg). And Daemon II was a Blackfyre. As Bloodraven said, "There have Always been Targaryens who dreamed of things to come, since long before the Conquest, so we should not be surprised if from time to time a Blackfyre displays the gift as well."

If Blackfyre's can have the prophetic dreams that Targaryens sometimes have, they why wouldn't they be capable of controling a dragon? They have the same blood after all, and both of Daemon I's parents were Targaryens, so he has the bloodline going for him.

I don't think it's only about what blood you have. Quentyn Martell had Targaryen blood, yet the dragons didn't listen to him. Having Targaryen blood is not the only thing you need, but it probably is one of the demands of controling a dragon.

Hope it helps! :)

Very far fetched in my opinion. I thought it was a widely accepted theory but this doesn't convince me at all.

Just a question about big houses of the seven kingdoms, I'm taking the Houses that ruled each kingdom at GoT start, all of them had a vessel house that would find itself strong enough to try to take power or at least make the Highlord of each kingdom cautious, likent the Reyne that went against Lannister, Florent that could mean trouble to Tyrell, same as Frey to Tully and Bolton to Stark, Baratheon and Greyjoy had to deal with the houses that were the kings of the respective places they now rule, and even the Targaryen had trouble with Blackfyre, but there's no mention about the Dorne having such problem, at least not after nymeria came. So did I missed it when the house that could oppose the Martell had been introduced or Dorne doesn't have such a thing with all houses being generally loyal to the bone?

Just a question about big houses of the seven kingdoms, I'm taking the Houses that ruled each kingdom at GoT start, all of them had a vessel house that would find itself strong enough to try to take power or at least make the Highlord of each kingdom cautious, likent the Reyne that went against Lannister, Florent that could mean trouble to Tyrell, same as Frey to Tully and Bolton to Stark, Baratheon and Greyjoy had to deal with the houses that were the kings of the respective places they now rule, and even the Targaryen had trouble with Blackfyre, but there's no mention about the Dorne having such problem, at least not after nymeria came. So did I missed it when the house that could oppose the Martell had been introduced or Dorne doesn't have such a thing with all houses being generally loyal to the bone?

Yronwood is a very powerful house in Dorne. Perhaps they could be the powerful vessel?

Archived