Small Questions v 10016

Stubby

I don't think that magic ever left the world. IMO, the "birth" of the dragons simply enhanced the existing magic. This is just wild speculation but I think that dragons themselves are needed to hatch dragon eggs. Perhaps only when the eggs become petrified and there are no dragons left that fire and blood magic would be required.

Alternatively, human beings may not be able to hatch dragon eggs and Dany's pyre moment was the fullfilment of a prophecy. IIRC, in The Mystery Knight, Egg mentions that Aerys I read a prophecy concerning the return of dragons and Daeron dreamed it. In this scenario, the events at the pyre cannot be repeated as the prophecy has already been fulfilled.

Yeah I know it never totally disappeared, but it had waned severely. I don't think Dragons are needed to hatch the eggs. The Targaryens seem to have given each child an egg in the cradle and encouraged them to sleep with the eggs and whatnot. I think the idea is that they would hatch and see the Targaryen as their parental figure, thus making the bonding easier later on. Hopefully between The Princess and The Queen and The World of Ice and Fire we will learn more soon.

Most of the brothers of the Night's Watch visit the brothel at Mole's Town every now and again (as they should), but precisely how do they pay for their visits?

I think this is the third time this has been asked in this iteration of the thread. Not a complaint, just an observation.

Q: I assume that the Night's Watch does not pay the Black Brothers any wages in coin for their service - they get their provisions for free, after all.

What I was wondering...how do the Brothers pay the whores in Moletown? Since they're not using coin, do they pay in naturalia filched from Night Watch' stores?

I guess some women so far north would choose such a life (given that life is relatively harsher than farther south), even if they are not paid in coin...

A: A lot of the Mole's Town transactions are paid by barter, certaintly, but there is coin at the Wall... not much, though, especially these days... (see following answer). Some coin comes north with the highborn brothers... someone like Ser Waymar Royce undoubtedly arrived well heeled, and I imagine families send gifts and such as well... and there's trade that goes in and out of Eastwatch...

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Entry/Various_ASoIaF_Questions

Oops! Forgot to post my own question!

Daeron II married Myriah Martell and his sister Daenarys married Prince Maron Martell. The age difference between Daeron and Daenerys makes me assume that Myriah was much older than Maron.

Were Maron and Myriah brother and sister? Or were they related another way? I haven't been able to find the answer in the books, but perhaps something has been mentioned by GRRM in a SSM that I simply don't know of. Does anyone know how Maron and Myriah are related?

The information is somewhat unclear. I keep reading that Daeron brought Dorne into the fold by the dual marriage but then, in SSM, GRRM said that only Daenerys' marriage had been arranged by Daeron and his own had been brokered by Baelor the Blessed. I have read that Myriah and Maron were siblings but I don't think I've seen it in the books or in any of GRRM interviews. I think it's a fan construction left from the time it was thought that the two marriages happened almost at the same time.

It was Ned. He brought her back home to Winterfell, to be burried in the crypts with Lord Rickard and Brandon.

I know imy question sounded stupid (and I thnak you for answering)but I was going spmething like

There were other people aside from ned who went with him to the TOJ. Howland Reed could have brought home Lyanna's body and Ned would have followed after a few days considering the baby needed a suitable wet/milk nurse and was willing to migrate to the North.

I know imy question sounded stupid (and I thnak you for answering)but I was going spmething like

There were other people aside from ned who went with him to the TOJ. Howland Reed could have brought home Lyanna's body and Ned would have followed after a few days considering the baby needed a suitable wet/milk nurse and was willing to migrate to the North.

With the info that we have Ned took her body back to Winterfell. And Howland Reed is supposed to have been the only other one to survive the ToJ. There are plenty of theories but nothing solid enough to post here.

With the info that we have Ned took her body back to Winterfell. And Howland Reed is supposed to have been the only other one to survive the ToJ. There are plenty of theories but nothing solid enough to post here.

And Ned, Howland, Jon and the wetnurse tore the tower down to build eight cairns. I'm sure Sandor's pack mules came in handy.

And Ned, Howland, Jon and the wetnurse tore the tower down to build eight cairns. I'm sure Sandor's pack mules came in handy.

I'm sure there is more to it than that, but like I said with the info that we have(bookwise) it was Ned and Howland. And Sandor had one of those Final Fantasy bags, you know the ones that hold 99 of everything and billions of gil. :)

1.Will Howland Reed end up being dead?

2.Why did George kill Maester Aemon in AFFC ?

3. Benjen Stark has been on a 17 year cliffhanger, will we ever find out what the heck happened to him?

4. Since Arya is referenced to as being a Cat, and Sansa is referenced to as being a Little Bird, and Eddard saying "try not to kill eachother" in AGOT, does this all mean that George is forshadowing the fact that Arya will Kill Sansa?

5. In regards to the (Aegon being a Fake Targaryen) theory why would George write a Fake Aegon Targaryen, who thought he was a Real Targaryen, in disguise Pretending to be a Fake Targaryen sellsword's son named Young Griff??? Isn't that just stretching things to a bit of a ridiculous status.. Like it was a Really big reveal with AT and JC but explain that if you still think he's a fake?

3. Benjen Stark has been on a 17 year cliffhanger, will we ever find out what the heck happened to him?

4. Since Arya is referenced to as being a Cat, and Sansa is referenced to as being a Little Bird, and Eddard saying "try not to kill eachother" in AGOT, does this all mean that George is forshadowing the fact that Arya will Kill Sansa?

5. In regards to the (Aegon being a Fake Targaryen) theory why would George write a Fake Aegon Targaryen, who thought he was a Real Targaryen, in disguise Pretending to be a Fake Targaryen sellsword's son named Young Griff??? Isn't that just stretching things to a bit of a ridiculous status.. Like it was a Really big reveal with AT and JC but explain that if you still think he's a fake?

These aren't Small Questions, well maybe the third, he said we will find out more about Ben.

5 questions and not one of them small.

Was Daemon II Blackfyre homosexual? Just finished the Mystery Knight this weekend and he really wanted Dunk on his side.

He dreamed of Dunk and the dragon hatching which he believed was himself. I'm sure it's possible, especially in this universe.

After going back and rereading I think you were right. Daemon II seems more homosexual than Renly. Just wayyy too many "sword" references in there.

What do you mean wiht Question 2... Aemon was murdered? Could you link me the threat, please?

Archived