Small Questions v 10016

Stubby

how are you sure of this? I cant see anything of wearing a helmet or definitive to say he'd finished his training. I just want to be sure about this one. He was purchsed along with the unsullied, but in that transaction, the half trained were bought too.

Weren't the three brothers and Missandei taken at the same time?

Why Davos starts under Stannis command?, isnt Davos Renlys landed knight? How can be under Stannis liege if his fort and lands are in the Storm Lands????

There is a lot of time when this could have happened. Remember, Renly was still a child at the end of the Robellion. All the time between when Robert was crowned and when Renly comes into his majority, Stannis could have been in charge of Storm's End and Dragonstone.

We do not know when Robert granted the seats to Stannis and Renly.

1. Cersei acknowledges that highborn girls may lose their maidenheads to horse riding, yet when Margaery and her cousins are discovered without intact maidenheads, nobody seems to bring up this possibility. Why?

2. Do we know whether Margaery really was sleeping with somebody? Was requesting moon tea from Pycelle a trick to dupe Cersei?

3. When Tywin was discovered with Shae, Cersei was surprised because she thought Tywin didn't see whores. Is there any significance to this?

4. What are the laws on rape in Westeros? How is it that Roose Bolton can openly admit to having raped Ramsay's mother with no consequences when other rapists must choose between the wall or castration? Are they (as I assume) basically only applied when a highborn woman is the accuser and/or when a lowborn man is the accused?

1. It's not in Cersei's interest to bring that up. As for Margaery, it may be part of her defense at the trial. High Septon, on the other hand, just knows of her broken maidenhead and thinks it's enough to put her on trial (because, looking from his perspective it's possible and plausible she didn't break it by horse riding, but by fornication)

2. I think not, though it's a question still open for speculations. And Pycelle saying she requested moon tead from him is probably lying. There's no way that someone who was tutored by Queen of Throns would be so stupid to ask abortificant from known Lannister crony.

ETA: if you think Margaery went to Pycelle to dupe Cersei, you may be interested in this old theory: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/8204-grand-tyrell-conspiracy-theory/

3. No significance, IMO, just that Tywin is hypocrite.

4. Rape is usually punishable by gelding and/or sending the rapist to the Wall. As is always the case, highborn lord can use his influence to try to hush accusations from lower-born women. Roose Bolton, for example, didn't openly admit to raping Ramsay's mother (he said it in private conversation with Theon), and, moreover, he took steps to ensure tale will not spread - he cut off her brother-in-law's tongue so he would not run and report it to Lord Rickard. Which implies Lord Rickard would have punished him if he knew the truth.

Are the Lysene people of Valyrian descent? I ask because many seem to have the silver/gold hair of the Targaryens and Velaryons, which seems to be a Valyrian trait

The nine free cities are called daughters of Valyria, so they have many people their who boast Valyrian descent. Lys especially has many people with Valyrian silver hair, many quotes in the book give us that. One example - Titan's Bastard (or some other sellsword captain at Yunkai) insults Dany by saying "Might be I've had you in some Lysene pillow house. Or was that your sister? " (not an exact quote)

There is a lot of time when this could have happened. Remember, Renly was still a child at the end of the Robellion. All the time between when Robert was crowned and when Renly comes into his majority, Stannis could have been in charge of Storm's End and Dragonstone.

We do not know when Robert granted the seats to Stannis and Renly.

Cressen mentions in the ACOK prologue that he came to Dragonstone 12 years ago with his Lord. I think its very likely the Lord was Stannis. So Id say we at least know that Stannis was granted Dragonstone within 3 years of the rebellion.

Cressen mentions in the ACOK prologue that he came to Dragonstone 12 years ago with his Lord. I think its very likely the Lord was Stannis. So Id say we at least know that Stannis was granted Dragonstone within 3 years of the rebellion.

Didn't Stannis have to conquer Dragonstone as well? I think Viserys and Dany fled there first, and then had to escape to Braavos?

Didn't Stannis have to conquer Dragonstone as well? I think Viserys and Dany fled there first, and then had to escape to Braavos?

Stannis first has to build a fleet, before going to Dragonstone. Only then could he try and conquer the castle. Dany and Viserys stayed at Dragonstone until some point in 284 AL. They went to Braavos to avoid the advancing Stannis, since almost all of the castle was willing to surrender.

Did Mel have sex with Mance in order to.cast his glamour, or perhaps concieve a shadow baby? I base this question off this quote btw:

"The glamour, aye. In the black iron fetter about his wrist, the ruby seemed to pulse. He tapped it with the edge of his blade. The steel made a faint click against the stone. I feel it when i sleep. Warm against my skin, even through the iron. Soft as a woman's kiss. Your kiss. But sometimes in my dreams it startsto burn and your lips turn into teeth..."

Did Mel have sex with Mance in order to.cast his glamour, or perhaps concieve a shadow baby? I base this question off this quote btw:

"The glamour, aye. In the black iron fetter about his wrist, the ruby seemed to pulse. He tapped it with the edge of his blade. The steel made a faint click against the stone. I feel it when i sleep. Warm against my skin, even through the iron. Soft as a woman's kiss. Your kiss. But sometimes in my dreams it startsto burn and your lips turn into teeth..."

Wow. That's a possibility I never noticed. I can't answer that, but thanks it's new for me.

I don't think so. The glamours we've seen have been centered around a gem no?

Archived