Small Questions v 10016

Stubby

Cersei gave the task to Balon Swann.

“His long wait is almost done. I am sending Balon Swann to Sunspear, to deliver him the head of Gregor Clegane.”

There's also this exchange she has with Qyburn:

Cersei: “Have you attended to that little task I set you?”

Qyburn: “I have, Your Grace. I am sorry that it took so long. Such a large head. It took the beetles many hours to clean the flesh. By way of pardon, I have lined a box of ebony and silver with felt, to make a fitting presentation for the skull."

Thanks TB!

Was Daemon II Blackfyre homosexual? Just finished the Mystery Knight this weekend and he really wanted Dunk on his side.

He dreamed of Dunk and the dragon hatching which he believed was himself. I'm sure it's possible, especially in this universe.

he believed it was a real dragon, hatched from the egg that he was trying to win at the tourney, if i understand correctly.

Sorry, you're right, but same thing, the dream was why he wanted Dunk. That makes two Targ dreams that Dunk has starred in. :)

I thought that was Ser Glendon Flowers who dreamt that. Doesn't Dunk say something to him like "you have just as good a chance as I do at wearing a White Cloak"

"Alyn was seeking for me, and I did not care to be found. He grows tiresome when he drinks, does Alyn. I saw you slip away from that bedchamber of horrors, and slipped out after you. I've had too much wine, I grant you, but not enough to face a naked Butterwell." He gave Dunk an enigmatic smile. "I dreamed of you, Ser Duncan. Before I even met you. When I saw you on the road, I knew your face at once. It was as if we were old friends."

Dunk had the strangest feeling then, as if he had lived this all before. I dreamed of you, he said. My dreams are not like yours, Ser Duncan. Mine are true. "You dreamed of me?" he said, in a voice made thick by wine. "What sort of dream?"

"Why," the Fiddler said, "I dreamed that you were all in white from head to heel, with a long pale cloak flowing from those broad shoulders. You were a White Sword, ser, a Sworn Brother of the Kingsguard, the greatest knight in all the Seven Kingdoms, and you lived for no other purpose but to guard and serve and please your king." He put a hand on Dunk's shoulder. "You have dreamed the same dream, I know you have."

And then at the end:

It was late that afternoon before Ser Roland Crakehall of the Kingsguard found Dunk among the other prisoners. "Ser Duncan. Where in seven hells have you been hiding? Lord Rivers has been asking for you for hours. Come with me, if you please."

Dunk fell in beside him. Crakehall's long cloak flapped behind him with every gust of wind, as white as moonlight on snow. The sight of it made him think back on the words the Fiddler had spoken, up on the roof. I dreamed that you were all in white from head to heel, with a long pale cloak flowing from those broad shoulders. Dunk snorted. Aye, and you dreamed of dragons hatching from stone eggs. One is likely as t’other.

Much Appreciated! I've only just read TMK the once but I think I'll give it another read soon. It's the best of the three D&E novellas so far IMO.

No Prob, if you do reread it, keep an eye on Plumm, in case you didn't catch it the first time. :)

Aye, I will. My initial thought was he's kin to Brown Ben, but that's too obvious.

He's a bit more famous than that. ;)

Just in case you don't want to wait:

D&E Spoiler:

It's heavily implied that Plumm is actually Lord Bloodraven himself.

He's a bit more famous than that. ;)

Just in case you don't want to wait:

D&E Spoiler:

It's heavily implied that Plumm is actually Lord Bloodraven himself.

To quote Senator Clay Davis: "Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-it, partnah!" I would have never guessed! (But I went these last few months, having read The Hedge Knight and The Sworn Sword, thinking The Mystery Knight was about the Tourney at Harrenhal :dunce:

where is it that qyburn describes the purchasing and making of Robert Strongs armour - it had to be specially made etc - any quotes? Thx in advance.

"I have placed your order. The armorer thinks that I am mad. He assures me that no man is strong enough to move and fight in such a weight of plate." Cersei gave the chinless maester a warning look. "Play me for a fool, and you'll die screaming. You are aware of that, I trust?"

ETA: AFFC Pg. 379 PDF version.

Archived