Small Questions v 10016

Stubby

Pycelle would have been good but out of interest, is a Maester allowed to be a Regent? We know that they can't rule, only give counsel. Technically the King is the ruler, and so is the Hand. But a Regent does sort of rule if the King is underage yet the Regent still needs the signature and seal of the King, whereas the Hand does not. So does that make the Regent a ruler?

he is a ruler, but I think he can be a regent,

I believe Cersei only sleeps with 2 of the 3 Kettleblacks

Who is the second one? One was Osney Kettleblack, but I can't remember the second one.

IIRC, she confessed to bedding all three of them.

She confessed to bedding all three indeed. She first confessed to having bedded Lancel and Osney, since they had already confessed to bedding her. She saw no point in trying to deny it. And to stay safe, she confessed to bedding the other two Kettleblacks because, and I quote the book here,

She had no way of knowing what Osfryd and Osmund might say. Safer to confess too much than too little.

She simply confessed to bedding the other two as well, because she had no way of knowing what they had said to the High Septon. And telling him something that was obviously a lie was not the way to win the High Septon to her side.

Who is the second one? One was Osney Kettleblack, but I can't remember the second one.

She confessed to bedding all three indeed. She first confessed to having bedded Lancel and Osney, since they had already confessed to bedding her. She saw no point in trying to deny it. And to stay safe, she confessed to bedding the other two Kettleblacks because, and I quote the book here,

She had no way of knowing what Osfryd and Osmund might say. Safer to confess too much than too little.

She simply confessed to bedding the other two as well, because she had no way of knowing what they had said to the High Septon. And telling him something that was obviously a lie was not the way to win the High Septon to her side.

Agreed. In her POV chapters (regarding the Kettleblacks) it is revealed that she definitely has had Osmund and Osney. Osfryd is imprisoned by the Small Council, not the Faith, and I think all of them will fight her champion, Robert Strong? Not too sure on the combat.

Mace is unlikely to be regent considering the debacle with Cersei vs Margaery. Maybe Devan will come to KL?

Indeed, I doubt Mace can become regent, at least until the Margaery-issue has been resolved. Besides, putting a Tyrell in the position of regent would most certainly piss off the Dornish, and Nymeria Sand is on her way to KL, so she might have a voice in the next regent as well.

It could be another Lannister, but since there are none left in the capitol, I highly doubt it. Randyll Tarly seems a good choise, especially for Mace. Randyll is a bannerman of Mace, so he'll have some influence, but the Dornish cannot be pissed off too much.

It will stay a tricky questions, until WoW is released :)

Agreed. In her POV chapters (regarding the Kettleblacks) it is revealed that she definitely has had Osmund and Osney. Osfryd is imprisoned by the Small Council, not the Faith, and I think all of them will fight her champion, Robert Strong? Not too sure on the combat.

Where did she say that she bedded Osmund Kettleblack? I can't find it anywhere. Help me please :)

Indeed, I doubt Mace can become regent, at least until the Margaery-issue has been resolved. Besides, putting a Tyrell in the position of regent would most certainly piss off the Dornish, and Nymeria Sand is on her way to KL, so she might have a voice in the next regent as well.

It could be another Lannister, but since there are none left in the capitol, I highly doubt it. Randyll Tarly seems a good choise, especially for Mace. Randyll is a bannerman of Mace, so he'll have some influence, but the Dornish cannot be pissed off too much.

It will stay a tricky questions, until WoW is released :)

Mace would be a fool not to seize the regency. In the game of thrones...

Randyll Tarly could even be a candidate for regent. If Mace doesnt want to act out directly then who better to be regent than a 'loyal' (the reader and Mace dont know whether he is the friend in the Reach yet) bannerman of his House? Plus Tarly is pretty competent, even Kevan said as much. As othersbhave said already though, we have no way of knowing until Winds, so i thought i woukd just throw another name into the mix. (Or how about Harya Swyft if Cersei makes the appointment ;))

This would spell the end for Tommen jousting with Ser Pounce. Randyll would swap him for a tiger cub to stop Tommen "turning out like Samwell"

How do you hire a faceless man? Do you have to go to Braavos or do they have intermediaries?

I know you have to negotiate with their Guild to set a price first, so it's probably possible to do that outside of Braavos, if you know where to find them.

Also remember, Arya "hired" one simply by doing one a kindness, so the rules are probably fairly fuzzy.

Is the Lady of the Leaves who Arya meets in the tree village actually Lady Whent who yielded Harrenhall to Jaime Lannister?

Also, is the wood witch from High Heart actually a Child of the Forest?

IIRC Littlefinger told Sansa that Lady Whent is dead

The wood witch is Jenny of Oldstones' friend who claimed to be a COTF but since she doesn't have claws or pointy ears (based on Arya's description) i doubt it

When was Robb Stark conceived? When was he born? (I'll leave it at that)

edit: *please cite source

Cat reflects on how she and Ned spent a fortnight together after the wedding before he went off to war. Robb was born at Riverrun while Ned was still at war. I can't say where exactly but it's in Cat's POV. You'll have find it yourself if you want the text.

Archived