New trilogy featuring Fitz and the Fool by Robin Hobb

pat5150

It basically says that Fool's Assasin picks up the story which we finished in Fool's Fate, but 10 years have passed.

Fitz, now older and wiser, has withdrawn within his small homestead with Molly, and lives there in relative anonimity.

Once in a while there is contact with his old mentor, Chade, half mage and counsellor of the Farseer Kings at the immense castle of Buckkeep.

Fitz hasn't heard in years from his old friend, the Fool, and all his attempts to trace him and re-establish contact have failed. But then...

It basically says that Fool's Assasin picks up the story which we finished in Fool's Fate, but 10 years have passed.

Fitz, now older and wiser, has withdrawn within his small homestead with Molly, and lives there in relative anonimity.

Once in a while there is contact with his old mentor, Chade, half mage and counsellor of the Farseer Kings at the immense castle of Buckkeep.

Fitz hasn't heard in years from his old friend, the Fool, and all his attempts to trace him and re-establish contact have failed. But then...

But then....But then!!!! Oh you tease :)

Almost done w/ the liveship series. I enjoyed it thoroughly and the Hobb characterization of grey, flawed characters along with depressing atrocities that happen to those characters was very evident.

I love Hobb, but I can only read one of these trilogies every few months. They are emotionally draining.

I'm reading Liveships atm, first time in a while. I am only on the first right now but I had forgotten how creepy Kennit is; his PoV in Divytown was somewhat disturbing to me. Kyle is the character I hate the nost, and I had forgotten just how much of an ass he really is. As for Keffria, bleh, so far I am not crazy about her, but its nice to have the contrast of strong willed Althea against pushover Keffria. Wintrow is still a bit of a whiner, but I cant help but love him

I'm reading Liveships atm, first time in a while. I am only on the first right now but I had forgotten how creepy Kennit is; his PoV in Divytown was somewhat disturbing to me. Kyle is the character I hate the nost, and I had forgotten just how much of an ass he really is. As for Keffria, bleh, so far I am not crazy about her, but its nice to have the contrast of strong willed Althea against pushover Keffria. Wintrow is still a bit of a whiner, but I cant help but love him

Their development throughout the trilogy is just excellent. Characters I hated in the first book I learned to love and ones that I liked or was unsure of I ended up loathing by the end. Just great characterization, something she does better than almost every writer I've read.

Their development throughout the trilogy is just excellent. Characters I hated in the first book I learned to love and ones that I liked or was unsure of I ended up loathing by the end. Just great characterization, something she does better than almost every writer I've read.

Oh I know :) I just thought I'd share my thoughts. Its so long since I last read its practically like reading them for the first time again

I've always held up Liveships as one of the best trilogies I've ever read in terms of character focus, with there being a large number of very distinct, eminently human characters with clear and engaging arcs and believable development. Even if I was never so hot on the Fitz trilogies...

I've always held up Liveships as one of the best trilogies I've ever read in terms of character focus, with there being a large number of very distinct, eminently human characters with clear and engaging arcs and believable development. Even if I was never so hot on the Fitz trilogies...

Blasphemy! :p

Well, I liked the first trilogy, but I felt that it was enough. We didn't need more. So the second one was sort of okay, but the character had well outstayed his welcome for me by that point, and I doubt I'll even bother with this next trilogy. The character is not so great that I want to go for rounds 7 through 9 with him: there's a lot to be said for leaving people wanting more rather then feeling like they had too much, and the second Fitz trilogy crossed that line for me.

Well, I liked the first trilogy, but I felt that it was enough. We didn't need more. So the second one was sort of okay, but the character had well outstayed his welcome for me by that point, and I doubt I'll even bother with this next trilogy. The character is not so great that I want to go for rounds 7 through 9 with him: there's a lot to be said for leaving people wanting more rather then feeling like they had too much, and the second Fitz trilogy crossed that line for me.

I can see why loads think that, but I'm one of those; never have too much of a good thing types. I love Fitz, could read him all day. In fact, anything Hobb writes I tend to love

Plot synopsis:

Nearly twenty years ago, Robin Hobb burst upon the fantasy scene with the first of her acclaimed Farseer novels,

Assassin's Apprentice, which introduced the characters of FitzChivalry Farseer and his uncanny friend the Fool. A watershed moment in modern fantasy, this novel - and those that followed - broke exciting new ground in a beloved genre. Together with George R. R. Martin, Robin Hobb helped pave the way for such talented new voices as Scott Lynch, Brandon Sanderson, and Naomi Novik.

Over the years, Hobb's imagination has soared throughout the mythic lands of the Six Duchies in such bestselling series as the Liveship Traders Trilogy and the Rain Wilds Chronicles. But no matter how far she roamed, her heart always remained with Fitz. And now, at last, she has come home, with an astonishing new novel that opens a dark and gripping chapter in the Farseer saga.

FitzChivalry - royal bastard and former kings assassin - has left his life of intrigue behind. As far as the rest of the world knows, FitzChivalry Farseer is dead and buried. Masquerading as Tom Badgerlock, Fitz is now married to his childhood sweetheart, Molly, and leading the quiet life of a country squire.

Though Fitz is haunted by the disappearance of the Fool, who did so much to shape Fitz into the man he has become, such private hurts are put aside in the business of daily life, at least until the appearance of menacing, pale-skinned strangers casts a sinister shadow over Fitz's past . . . and his future.

Now, to protect his new life, the former assassin must once again take up his old one. . . .

First Exclusive Look

Archived