Would Stannis kneel down for Dany?

ymaface

Since the Targs lost the throne to the Baratheons through conquest, why exactly would Stannis bend the knee? As far as claims go, Stannis has the best claim on paper, since his brother died and his children were not born of his seed. As far as I'm concerned, Dany and Aegon have absolutely no right to anything, but if they take the throne (maybe even with some fire and blood), it's theirs to do as they wish. The ruling family is the Baratheons, and Dany has no place in the line of succession.

The crux of the matter is that Aerys was considered too mad to rule, and all his descendants were assumed to share his madness and thus disbarred from the inheritance. If a perfectly sane Dany shows up in Westeros then the Baratheon claim will be significantly weakened.

Realistically though, I think Stannis is the only current claimant to the Iron Throne who actually would step aside for someone else with a better claim. For the realm to come together to fight the White Walkers, the disparate forces should unite, and this is a way to do so. Or everyone could die.

You're making the asusmption that Dany is perfectly sane.

Again: Dany isn't the rightfull queen.

1. Targs lost the throne

2. Stannis may come before Dany (Salic law)

2. Jon comes before Dany (R+L=TRUEBORN Jon)

1. The Targs didn't lose the throne, a minor Targ branch took over from the major Targ branch.

2. Stannis' Targaryian blood comes from his grandmother, so Dany being born from the direct line of male descendants reaching back to Aegon the Conquerer makes her claim stronger under Salic law.

3. Jon does have a better claim. He also has not a shred of evidence, while Dany has 3 dragons and an unquestioned lineage.

:rofl: hahahahah HELL NO

But seriously Stan the Man said backing Bob in the rebellion was the hardest choice he ever made, that being so he would never go back on his choice.

"Stannis is Black Iron, strong but he will break before he bends." I think this goes for bending the knee also.

Now if you dont mind, I will resume my ROFLing

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1. The Targs didn't lose the throne, a minor Targ branch took over from the major Targ branch.

2. Stannis' Targaryian blood comes from his grandmother, so Dany being born from the direct line of male descendants reaching back to Aegon the Conquerer makes her claim stronger under Salic law.

3. Jon does have a better claim. He also has not a shred of evidence, while Dany has 3 dragons and an unquestioned lineage.

1. The Targs lost the throne end of the story.

2. Do you know what salic law is? Male descendants before any female. Females never inherit their children inherit. So Stannis before Dany.

3. Again a trueborn Jon has a better claim than Dany everyday allday. We don't know what kind of evidence will appear is the next books.

2. Do you know what salic law is? Male descenands before any female. Females never inherit their children inherit. So Stannis before Dany.

3. Again a trueborn Jon has a better claim than Dany everyday allday. We don't know what kind of evidence will appear is the next books.

If Dany or Aegon (for that matter) re-conquers Westeros, the succession laws in place go out the window. With a new dynasty, they will create their own succession laws and their descendants will inherited the Iron Throne. Jon will have no part of that.

The only way that Jon can inherit the Iron Throne would be if the current lords of Westeros overthrow the Baratheon dynasty and replaced it with the old Targaryen dynasty.

If either Dany or Aegon has to re-conquer Westeros then it’s theirs to do as they wish.

The only way that Jon can inherit the Iron Throne would be if the current lords of Westeros overthrow the Baratheon dynasty and replaced it with the old Targaryen dynasty.

Or if Jon conquers Westeros. Since Dany and FAegon are able to conquer it I don't see why Jon can't (except from the fact that is totally out of his character).

I don't disagree with what you say (conquering back Westeros). I disagree with the fact that Dany is the rightfull queen without conquering it.

2. Do you know what salic law is? Male descenands before any female. Females never inherit their children inherit. So Stannis before Dany.

1. :bs: Robert became king instead of Ned, Tywin, John Arryn, or Hoster Tully because of his Targaryan blood.

2. My bad, I was thinking of semi-salic law.

3. At this point Jon's potential evidence is limited to (1)Howland Reed's word and (2)Bran's visions. Not altogether convincing. It's moot anyway as the only claim to the Iron Throne that will make any difference is a rather large black and red dragon.

Because of (1), (2) doesn't matter. The Targ dynasty is over, the Baratheon's took it from them via force, not inheritance. You can't say the Targ dynasty is over and then use Targ blood as reason for a claim. It doesn't matter, like you said, end of story.

1. :bs: Robert became king instead of Ned, Tywin, John Arryn, or Hoster Tully because of his Targaryan blood.

3. At this point Jon's potential evidence is limited to (1)Howland Reed's word and (2)Bran's visions. Not altogether convincing. It's moot anyway as the only claim to the Iron Throne that will make any difference is a rather large black and red dragon.

1. :bs: Robert won the throne when he killed Rhaegar. Renly told so.

3. Again. We don't know what kind of evidence there are, everything else is assumptions.

Because of (1), (2) doesn't matter. The Targ dynasty is over, the Baratheon's took it from them via force, not inheritance. You can't say the Targ dynasty is over and then use Targ blood as reason for a claim. It doesn't matter, like you said, end of story.

I know. I agree that the Baratheon are the current ruler, I am arguing with the fact that Dany is the rightful queen, that's all.

Actually, only Ned uses that excuse and if Targaryan succession mattered he was not next in line after defeating the crown. He is a usurper and when you're a usurper your blood does not matter.

The Baratheons didn't take sh*t by force. You must be thinking of the Lannisters who conquered King's Landing and killed the King.

Rather, because of (2), (1) doesn't matter. Stannis before Dany (or Dany before Stannis in semi-salic law) because the rulers of the 7K still base their legitimacy on Targaryan lineage.

Or if Jon conquers Westeros. Since Dany and FAegon are able to conquer it I don't see why Jon can't (except from the fact that is totally out of his character).

I don't disagree with what you say (conquering back Westeros). I disagree with the fact that Dany is the rightfull queen without conquering it.

Oh okay, I see.

Exactly, Dany would have to conquer Westeros to be the rightful queen. If R=L=J is true and there is proof then Jon would be the rightful heir. I agree with that.

The only way Jon could be considered the rightful heir is if the Baratheon dynasty is overthrown by the lords of Westeros and they make Jon king. Or of course if he desides to conquer it.

in which case getting back on topic, I wonder if Stannis would bend the knee to Jon.

The Baratheons didn't take sh*t by force. You must be thinking of the Lannisters who conquered King's Landing and killed the King.

Rather, because of (2), (1) doesn't matter. Stannis before Dany (or Dany before Stannis in semi-salic law) because the rulers of the 7K still base their legitimacy on Targaryan lineage.

If that's the case then Viserys was next in line, yet wasn't put on the throne. Why is that? Because Targ rule ended, by force, and the Lords decided that Robert would be king. The reasoning behind why they put him as their monarch doesn't really matter, the Targ line ended and the Baratheon line started. End of story.

This is getting ridiculous... Do you have any evidence?

in which case getting back on topic, I wonder if Stannis would bend the knee to Jon.

No imo. Stannis never bends.

1. :bs: Robert won the throne when he killed Rhaegar. Renly told so.

Renly was not known for his intelligence or learning. Quite the opposite. And he was trying to make a case for breaking the rules of inheritance.

Ned said Robert got the throne because of his blood, and I trust Ned over Renly anyday.

Renly was not known for his intelligence or learning. Quite the opposite. And he was trying to make a case for breaking the rules of inheritance.

Ned said Robert got the throne because of his blood, and I trust Ned over Renly anyday.

Quote. Give me the quote where Ned say that Robert's claim comes from his grandmother.

Had Stannis been succesful at the taking of Dragonstone, he would have got rid of Daenerys... somehow That was the main purpose. I don't think he would now. Afterall, he is not fighting as Lord Stannis Baratheon who tries to be king, but as King Stannis Baratheon(blessed be his reign)

If in the future Stannis comes across Daenerys will he give up his claim to the throne or keep on justifying his own claim? Down on paper Daenerys has the best claim but maybe he could argue that through right of conquest he is still the rightful heir? What do you guys think? I can't imagine Stannis kneeling down for anybody.

Why would he? Stannis's claim is better than Dany's.

Archived