Will dany ever get to westeros?

Mia B.

GRRM has confirmed on several occasions that Dany will invade Westeros. It was originally intended to take place in ADwD following a five year gap after the events of ASoS; when GRRM removed the five year gap he had to delay Dany's invasion, but that doesn't mean it will never happen.

Okay thanks I didn't know that I've been trying not to google this to limit any spoilers. But glad to see how she will finally invade, and hopefully it'll be in the next book.

After she takes over all of essos then she'll go to westeros. I wish she'd just make essos her empire and never set foot on westeros. Anyone else think this way?

I really hope not, but could see it happening for some reason.

After she takes over all of essos then she'll go to westeros. I wish she'd just make essos her empire and never set foot on westeros. Anyone else think this way?

Hell no. I am not sure how much more I could take of Dany stumbling around in Essos ignoring all the good counsel. I can only hope she gets someone like Tyrion on her side to make her PoV's a tad more interesting.

Hell no. I am not sure how much more I could take of Dany stumbling around in Essos ignoring all the good counsel. I can only hope she gets someone like Tyrion on her side to make her PoV's a tad more interesting.

do you think Tyrion would be loyal to Dany? It'll be interesting to see how he goes about this Dany business

do you think Tyrion would be loyal to Dany? It'll be interesting to see how he goes about this Dany business

I don't see why not. In my made up scenario Tyrion pledges his loyalty to Dany and her cause with him being named Lord Of Casterley Rock.

I don't see why not. In my made up scenario Tyrion pledges his loyalty to Dany and her cause with him being named Lord Of Casterley Rock.

If so I just hope Cersei lives long enough to see it and I really wish Tywin had

GRRM has confirmed on several occasions that Dany will invade Westeros. It was originally intended to take place in ADwD following a five year gap after the events of ASoS; when GRRM removed the five year gap he had to delay Dany's invasion, but that doesn't mean it will never happen.

:agree:

She'll set foot on Westeros because of the

Dance of Dragons 2.0 and it was foreshadowed to happen.

He needs a ticket to get to Westeros and someone to back him up to get CR (Dany fits the bill). If Dany will accept him in her service and help him, well and good. Will Tyrion remain loyal until the day he draws his last dying breath ? Eh... Loyalty is not for keeps in the series - it keeps changing from time to time depending on the needs of the characters. If Dany won't serve him any good in the future, well...

Also, if she won't help him because he's a Lannister or trust him because of Quaithe's warning, etcetera, etcetera.. there's plan B: Aegon.

And to the OP, there are essays about the Meereneese politics written by Feldman. Once you've finished reading Dance, I highly recommend you to search and read it. They were really great and some say, they're quite enlightening. There is also an ongoing discussion about those essays in the General Book forum.

He needs a ticket to get to Westeros and someone to back him up to get CR (Dany fits the bill). If Dany will accept him in her service and help him, well and good. Will Tyrion remain loyal until the day he draws his last dying breath ? Eh... Loyalty is not for keeps in the series - it keeps changing from time to time depending on the needs of the characters. If Dany won't serve him any good in the future, well...

I agree I would love it if Tyrion and Dany joined together to take Westeros I think the look on their faces would be priceless to see a Targaryen and the infamous Lannister dwarf taking everything they've ever known... but with GRRM I am expecting the worst and don't believe that such a fairy tale ending would come for either one of them so easily.

However, I think at the end of the series, there will be some sort of happy ending for one or more of the loved characters all this sad story has to be leading up to something good.... hopefully..

• 2 weeks later...

The Suzy Bishop of years ago might have wanted this but the Suzy Bishop of the present is just so tired she doesn't want this to happen anymore. But what can Suzy Bishop do? She is nothing compared to GRRM.

• 2 weeks later...

If Dany stops to take over Essos, she may get stuck in the mess she is now -- unable to leave those she rules. She may pick up some interesiing people or MIAs on her way through Essos. Quaither has made it clear she must go east to get west.

The eggs came from the shadowlands near Aashai. So there must be trading and ways to pass. And Dany is known for taking the route less traveled.

• 1 month later...

I really love and admire Dany for her compassionate nature but I really think she overstayed and wasted alot of time in Mereen. I get that she wanted to free the slaves and all that good stuff but she already has a kingdom that needs her! I am really looking forward to the day Dany lands in Westeros...I truly hope that Tyrion becomes Dany's advisor/friend and I really hope that Dany and her nephew Aegon are able to wed (I know it's incest but Targaryens have done it for decades). Really wished that evil b*tch witch didn't make Dany barren, hopefully though this can be remedied. Watching Dany die without being able to carry on the Targaryen line would be a tragedy!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really love and admire Dany for her compassionate nature but I really think she overstayed and wasted alot of time in Mereen. I get that she wanted to free the slaves and all that good stuff but she already has a kingdom that needs her! I am really looking forward to the day Dany lands in Westeros...I truly hope that Tyrion becomes Dany's advisor/friend and I really hope that Dany and her nephew Aegon are able to wed (I know it's incest but Targaryens have done it for decades). Really wished that evil b*tch witch didn't make Dany barren, hopefully though this can be remedied. Watching Dany die without being able to carry on the Targaryen line would be a tragedy!

Mirri Maz Duur didn't make her barren. If Dany were barren, she wouldn't be able to get pregnant. We know that she did twice - the first time was before MMD's magic, but the second time was in ADWD (probably by Daario, with Hizdahr as a distant possibility). She supposedly can't bear a living child, which sounds like some sort of a curse, but she's clearly not 'barren'.

Archived