NYC BwB - New York Pizza Crawl - 10/26 Brooklyn and 11/2 Manhattan

naz

UPDATE:

Karoake is out, Pizza is in!

Brooklyn Pizza Crawl, Sat. 10/26 starting at around 4pm.

Who's coming (so far):

- naz (driving)

- Mr. X + Xray

- Frisco + Ms. Frisco (driving)

- Etulftune + PC

- draft0

Manhattan Pizza Crawl, Sat. 11/2, starting at 3pm at Co. (pronounced "company")

Who's coming (so far):

- naz

- Etulftune + PC

- MaryQueenOfScotch

- Turinqui-Calima

- Caryn Stark

- maid of woodlynne

- Mr. X + Xray (early part)

- draft0 (not confirmed)

Capclave has barely ended and we're already planning our next event. Yep, that's how we roll in the Big Apple; we never sleep. Actually, the thing is that I leave for India in early November, so that doesn't give us much time to plan an event, so... by request, we're reliving BwB events of yore and having another go at BwB Karaoke! Those of us who were at Capclave tentatively decided that Sat Oct 26 would be a good date - it needs to be a weekend for maximum participation; next weekend the X's are busy and after that, I'll be busy getting ready to leave the hemisphere.

We thought we might go out for dinner beforehand, say 6pm, and then rent out a room at one of the karaoke bars in Koreatown. We're open for suggestions for dinner, etc. The last time, we did it at DUET 35, which worked out well, plus it's convenient to transportation. If anyone can recommend another place, we can consider it. We can't reserve a room until we know how many people are coming and since time is short, let us know ASAP if you can make it. The event info is below and I'll update it as it gets more accurate.

One more thing. If you're tentative about coming because you're shy or don't sing very well... don't worry. Most of us are amateurs and some of us are even pretty awful (myself included). This is a fun night; we won't pressure you to sing anything... we just want everyone to have a good time and be informal and laid back and shit. Karaoke is more fun with more people, so if you're new to the BwB, come out and meet us - we're good people. And if you're not new to the BwB, then... dude... this will be my last chance to hang out with you until... I don't know when.

Current Info:

Dinner

When: Sat, Oct 26, 6pm

Where: The Liberty NYC, 29 W 35th St, New York

Karaoke

When: Sat, Oct 26, 8pm-?

Where: DUET 35, 53 W 35th St, New York

Estimated Cost: $8.50 per person per hour + tax, tip, drinks, munchies.

Dinner spot? Its close by, pretty affordable and has solid reviews.

http://www.thelibertynyc.com/

I don't know anything about it, but it seems fine to me. I went ahead and made a reservation for 10 at 6pm. I'll make changes to it, if needed.

I'm currently stuck in Sweden having lost my greencard (yes, I am really stupid), but if I can get back to New York in time this sound like a good way to celebrate.

That sucks. I hope it all gets sorted out.

Looks like I may not make it. I spent the weekend sick and show no signs of improvement. I'd prefer to keep my germs to myself... Will have to decide late in the week or even Saturday morning. :fingers crossed:

TC - I hope you get your paperwork sorted out soon!

I still hope to make it, naz. But I really can't share a mic with you folks in good conscience... Not with this head cold.

Maybe I'll have a miraculous recovery and the will leave me with a suitably scratchy voice so I can rock some Stevie Nicks. It could happen... ;)

Archived