NYC BwB - New York Pizza Crawl - 10/26 Brooklyn and 11/2 Manhattan

naz

Oooh, hang on.

If E and PC don't have a car, we should probably switch to a Manhattan pizza crawl. Getting from where they live to Bushwick or South Brooklyn is a mega pain in the ass. Since this is a BWB thingy, we should probably make this one as accessible as possible. Thoughts?

(There are legit tasty pizza places in Manhattan -- one right across the street from Blind Tiger!)

(naz -- we'll get you to DiFara before you leave. Promise!)

Oh! OK. That totally works. :)

Just didn't want to make this a huge burden on them because public transpo from their place to Brooklyn is a drag.

Anyway, I am sure Mr. X is gonna have opinions on this shit, so we shouldn't solidify plans too much until he weighs in. The man lives for maps and pizza, after all.

Oh! OK. That totally works. :)

Just didn't want to make this a huge burden on them because public transpo from their place to Brooklyn is a drag.

Anyway, I am sure Mr. X is gonna have opinions on this shit, so we shouldn't solidify plans too much until he weighs in. The man lives for maps and pizza, after all.

And hence my eternal love for him. I'm totally willing to let him figure out the itinerary/route/etc. Just let us know where the rendezvous point is. Btw, there's nothing that says we can't still do karaoke afterwards. We may have to be rolled there, but that's another matter.

Btw, there's nothing that says we can't still do karaoke afterwards.

I like the sound of that.

Also, given just how abominably far away Brooklyn is from anywhere I'd typically haunt... I seem to find myself over there indecently often.

I love the Brooklyn pizza crawl idea but I might have trouble getting over there in time. I got class at NYU until 5 PM so it would take me a half hour or so to get to various subway stops in Brooklyn. And then I would need to be picked up.

What do you guys think?

Draft, as I mentioned in my PM, keep in touch with me via text/phone and we'll try to meet you en route. And anyway, we haven't fixed a time yet (hopefully Mr. X peruses my half-assed map and sets an itinerary for us).

Don't worry, we won't leave you out! :)

And hence my eternal love for him.

:love:

So from what the Internet tells me, DiFara is closed between 4:30 and 6:30.

Two ideas for starting off:

Option 1: Start early (3 to 3:30 ish) at DiFara, then head down to the two Coney Island places (Totonno and L& B), then head back up through the Carroll Gardens and downtown Brooklyn area (Lucali & Grimaldi's).

Option 2 (probably more sensible): Start out in Coney Island and work our way back north. Totonno's, L&B, DiFara, Lucali, Grimaldi's... Mayhap if we started around 3:30 or 4 in Coney Island, we could show up in Midwood when DiFara's is opening back up for dinner.

Anyway, we could finish up in our hood. If we wanted to order some pizzas from Roberta's when we're getting near and have them delivered to our place, that's cool with us. Anyone who wants to head up to Paulie Gee's afterwards could do so fairly easily by car or subway.

ETA: I left this posting window open for a half-hour or so because we were watching Almost Famous and I kept getting caught up in the movie.

I like Option 2 better, mainly because it'll be hard for me to make it to Brooklyn by 3. I can manage 4, though. Should we, say, meet at Totonno's at 4pm? I'll drive and pick up Etulftune and PC. Frisco can drive and pick up the X's on the way to Totonno's or you guys get there individually. Draft0 can meet us on the way, probably at DiFara.

How does that sound?

eta: I wish I had my old minivan. I could easily fit all of us in one car.

eta2: I was just thinking... Frisco, does it make more sense for you to pick up E. and PC, since you're probably in the same neighborhood (or close to it) ? If so, let me know. If we do that, then I can come directly from Newark via Staten Island and will be more likely to make it by 3.

I like Option 2 better, mainly because it'll be hard for me to make it to Brooklyn by 3. I can manage 4, though. Should we, say, meet at Totonno's at 4pm? I'll drive and pick up Etulftune and PC. Frisco can drive and pick up the X's on the way to Totonno's or you guys get there individually. Draft0 can meet us on the way, probably at DiFara.

How does that sound?

eta: I wish I had my old minivan. I could easily fit all of us in one car.

eta2: I was just thinking... Frisco, does it make more sense for you to pick up E. and PC, since you're probably in the same neighborhood (or close to it) ? If so, let me know. If we do that, then I can come directly from Newark via Staten Island and will be more likely to make it by 3.

All sounds good to me. We'll likely head down on our own and see you all at Totonno's around 4.

Draft0 - not sure where you're coming from, but DiFara is right by the Avenue J station on the Q train. Manhattan bound trains skip that stop this weekend, but if you're coming from Manhattan or the upper half of Brooklyn (on a Coney Island bound train), you shouldn't have a problem.

ETA: Appropriately enough, 1-across in today's NYT crossword puzzle is PIZZA CRUST.

Archived