NYC BwB - New York Pizza Crawl - 10/26 Brooklyn and 11/2 Manhattan

naz

We visited 5 pizzerias, we ordered 9 pies, and drove over 30 miles through at least 12 neighborhoods.

These things considered, it was thorough as well as impressive, the BWB Brooklyn pizza crawl.

Holy hell, we are all stuffed full of pizza and watching baseball at Chez X. I may have finally realized my Pizza Limitâ„¢ today.

I think I'm going to eat cereal for the next two days.

A belching thanks to everyone from me and my stomach.

I'm not going to make a new thread for next week's Manhattan crawl, if there is one. Just keep your eye on this thread for more info. If you're interested in going, PM me your cell number if I don't already have it.

Here's the list of Manhattan pizzerias again, for reference (with map):

34, Patsy’s, East Harlem, NY, Cheese

17, Co., New York, NY, Popeye

44, Artichoke Basille, New York, NY, Artichoke Slice

9, Motorino, New York, NY, Brussels Sprouts

15, South Brooklyn Pizza, New York, NY, New York Style Pizza

16, Kesté, New York, NY, Kesté

25, John’s of Bleecker, New York, NY, Bruschetta

35, Joe’s, New York, NY, Cheese

43, Lombardi’s, New York, NY, Pepperoni

52, Don Antonio by Starita, New York, NY, Montanara Starita

73, Sullivan Street Bakery, New York, NY, Pizza Bianca

There's no way we can do all of them, but of the ones above, I'd like to definitely hit Co., Motorino, Kesté, John's of Bleecker, and Sullivan Street. If any of you have a particular one you want to try, say so. Timing could be similar to yesterday's crawl - meet up at 4-ish and move from there. Except no cars in this case. I might actually start earlier, around lunchtime. Then take a break in the afternoon, maybe watch a movie or hang out in a museum, then get back in the saddle for dinner.

Also, many thanks to Mr. X and Xray for strategizing this, but more importantly for hosting the lot of us at Chez X until wee hours for the perfect combination of pizza, beer, and baseball. X-Con rehearsal, ftw!

Awesome, TC. Glad you got that sorted out. Yeah, the Manhattan Crawl is still on as far as I'm concerned. (I added you to the list, TC.) If everyone else can confirm, that would be helpful. Any suggestions for a starting time/place?

I figure we could start at Co. in Chelsea around 4, then head down to the Village via cab for John's and Keste, then to Sullivan St. Bakery in SoHo, then swing back up to Motorino in the East Village. Late starters could meet us at John's or Keste.

Caryn: Awesome that you're back and that you can join in.

draft0: Totally understand. Try to make it if you can. You have my number, so you can meet us anywhere along the way.

maid: Get better already! You can't miss BOTH pizza crawls!

Anyway, so here's the plan:

We meet in Chelsea and start with Co. and Sullivan St. Bakery. They're both on the same block on 9th Ave between 24th and 25th (and have the same owner). Then we head down to the Village, and do John's of Bleecker St. and Keste, which are also next to each other on Bleecker between 6th and 7th. Then we head up to Motorino in the East Village on 12th St. between 1st and 2nd.

We can meet up in Chelsea at 4pm. Those of you driving... do you plan on parking at each location? That could take time; I would rather park somewhere for the evening, then do the crawl by cab or subway, but I'll leave it up to you. I'm taking the train in and out.

Here's a question: I was thinking of maybe doing this earlier in the day, say start a bit after 1pm and finish up around 5 or 6. Reason being it's Saturday night and there could long lines at these places (although some places we can call ahead). It would also be easier to park for those of you driving. However, will all of you be able to make it if we start early? Etulftune, will you be working? I'd love some feedback about this; otherwise we start at 4 like we originally planned.

Depending on how stuffed we are, I'm up for doing something afterwards, if you all want. We can play it by ear.

Archived