NYC BwB - New York Pizza Crawl - 10/26 Brooklyn and 11/2 Manhattan

naz

Looks like 3pm might be a good start time for everyone. I made a reservation at Co. ("company"). for 10 at 3pm under my name (my real name; if you don't know it, PM me). Hopefully all of you can make it by then. Those that can't should text or call me (again, PM me for the number) and we'll figure out where you can meet us along the way. I figure we'll spend probably about 30-45 min. at each location.

That's it! See you all tomorrow. Bon appetit!

PS: I will likely post in this thread when I arrive at Co.

PPS: For reference and clarity, this is the order of the crawl (subject to change):

1. Co., 230 9th Ave, Chelsea (bet 24th and 25th)

2. Sulivan Street Bakery, 236 9th Ave, Chelsea (bet 24th and 25th)

3. John's of Bleecker Street, 278 Bleecker St, Greenwich Village (bet. 6th and 7th)

4. Keste, 271 Bleecker Street, Greenwich Village (bet. 6th and 7th)

5. Motorino, 349 E. 12th St, East Village (bet. 1st and 2nd)

6. ???

Good to know. I hope he doesn't hate it.

Anyway, I'm here, early as usual, and with a worked up appetite. I'm waiting at the bar by the door. Some folks are running late; no sweat.

Yesterday was a blast!

I'll defer to naz for tasting notes, but will say that the plain old boring regular pie at John's was my favorite of the day. Although the one with lardo at keste (sp?) was a close second. I have discovered the wonders of pig butter and it has left me a different person. :D

Already looking forward to the next meetup. \m/

:cheers:

Thank you guys so much for an excellent Saturday afternoon and evening. Special thanks to the two lovely ladies who made the trek from S. NJ. And to Captain Gimpy Wing (dude had shoulder surgery and still managed a good showing.

It's probably for the best that we didn't get that last pizza. Even with limiting my pizza intake for the day (and skipping John's), I was still really full by the time we headed out to that birthday party in Brooklyn.

Yeah, thanks everyone for coming. I think skipping Motorino was a good idea. We were probably a little exuberant at Keste in ordering 5 pies, so even I was pretty full. After the X's left, we hung out at Professor Thom's for about an hour (playing musical chairs and guessing at the sports affiliations of the owners).

Thanks for a great time. It's a pretty good chance that I won't see you all again for a good long time (probably until next summer), so this was a nice sendoff. Until next time, folks.

I've got to stop being to anti-social and come to one of these things. Eating so much pizza would have taken years off my life but this sounds like it might have been worth it.

Yeah, you should've come, dude. I thought you were still in London. Well, some of the pizzerias on the Top 101 list are in Staten Island, so you could always organize your own SI pizza crawl.

Archived