A Notable Casting

Westeros

I think they're going to extend Brans dream training and use it to show more past events, so some of the back story can be explained.

That's a good idea actually, the show could use a bit more on

Robert's Rebellion, The Last Hero, etc

. I just had the strange idea they would end next season with

Coldhands saving them from a load of wights

, but I guess that would be too slow of a season.

I think they're going to extend Brans dream training and use it to show more past events, so some of the back story can be explained.

That's definitely one good explanation as to why cast him that early. I really, really hope the show won't include TWoW material before the latter's release.

Well I never expected the series to catch up to the books by the end of S4. I thought GRRM would have at least until the start of S6 to get tWoW out.

The irresistable force (TV show) is fast approaching a collision with the immovable object (books) and it does not bode well for the books. Even if GRRM gets tWoW out ahead of S5 it gives him no time (working on GRRM time) to get DoS done before the series runs through tWoW for all characters.

Heck I hope

there's at least a whole season gap between Robb dying and Jon "dying". Though that happens after the story arcs of aFfC and aDwD converge so I imagine it's being saved for S5. I expect we'll have news of Davos' faux death in S4 though so that S5 can reveal the deception.

Heck I hope

there's at least a whole season gap between Robb dying and Jon "dying". Though that happens after the story arcs of aFfC and aDwD converge so I imagine it's being saved for S5. I expect we'll have news of Davos' faux death in S4 though so that S5 can reveal the deception.

They speed up some storylines (like Theon and now Bran), but I don't think this affects other characters, especially pivotal ones like Jon. Thinking of S4, there's so many deaths incoming for the audience to withstand (Joffrey, Oberyn, Gregor, Tywin, Ygritte, Lysa, Shae and Balon maybe), that literally there's no room for more. And after all, it's a

show. It's more likely for S5 to end with Jon's death than this to be revealed earlier. Add to this that we will probably see material that is nowhere in the books.

Concerning Davos, imo his faux death will be part of S5.

Well it seems to me that Davos is played so great by the actor that they will include some part of his DWD arc in S4. There are a lot of things to happen elsewhere, but since we won't get any King/Queenmoot in the upcoming season i think there will be place for his arc. But then S05 would definitely need to go into WoW material.

Well it seems to me that Davos is played so great by the actor that they will include some part of his DWD arc in S4. There are a lot of things to happen elsewhere, but since we won't get any King/Queenmoot in the upcoming season i think there will be place for his arc. But then S05 would definitely need to go into WoW material.

We have a pretty good idea where Stannis storyline will end in S4 though, so they are clearly going to have to make up some stuff for Stannis before that point. If they make up stuff for Stannis in S4, it seems logical that Davos will be with him at the time, so they take care of all their characters in that arc.

GRRM could get away with that in the books but the show doesn't do flashbacks, so the timeline can't jump up and down.

There is no possibility that Jon will "die" in S4. Even S5 isn't definite.

Cool. My thought is:

He'll appear in Bran's dreams before they meet, I mean if you want to even give an explanation for why the 3 eyed raven can reveal himself in his human form make it something to do with the fact that Bran is North of the Wall.

I think the same too, since Bran doesn´t have any chapter on aFfC they are going to do his scenes right now and extend is traning and the parts here he explores the caves. But the bad thing is, will they put Coldhands in the story or will they remove it ?

I think the same too, since Bran doesn´t have any chapter on aFfC they are going to do his scenes right now and extend is traning and the parts here he explores the caves. But the bad thing is, will they put Coldhands in the story or will they remove it ?

If they are looking for material for Bran I don't see why they would want to cut Coldhands. Him and the elk add to the mystery of beyond the wall

Well a part of me wonders if the intent IS to get Brans stuff done this season and give him next season off, which IMO would make a bit of sense. Brans arc is one of the few that isn't really tied to a certain order of events happening so it doesn't hurt anything to have him disappear for a season. I especially feel this way after seeing people post the arcs for AFFC and ADWD. If they can wrap up Bran and Brienne stuff this season it would open up some time for other storylines.

Well a part of me wonders if the intent IS to get Brans stuff done this season and give him next season off, which IMO would make a bit of sense. Brans arc is one of the few that isn't really tied to a certain order of events happening so it doesn't hurt anything to have him disappear for a season. I especially feel this way after seeing people post the arcs for AFFC and ADWD. If they can wrap up Bran and Brienne stuff this season it would open up some time for other storylines.

"Disappearing" a character from a book seems to be easier than doing the same for a TV show, imo. Will make no sense for the audience.

Archived