A Notable Casting

Westeros

Skipping Isaac for a season would make a great deal of sense.

Truth be told, I'd be more concerned about Thomas Brodie-Sanger or Ellie Kendrick being available after a one season hiatus than I would Isaac, and that's something that's manageable.

Skipping Isaac for a season would make a great deal of sense.

Truth be told, I'd be more concerned about Thomas Brodie-Sanger or Ellie Kendrick being available after a one season hiatus than I would Isaac, and that's something that's manageable.

Leaving Isaac out a season makes absolutely no sense.

He's going to start being omnipotent after this season and could interact with anyone in the show.

Also as far as the other two go? Very simple solution:

Kill them off. Their purpose is done once Bran reaches the cave.

Leaving Isaac out a season makes absolutely no sense.

He's going to start being omnipotent after this season and could interact with anyone in the show.

Also as far as the other two go? Very simple solution:

Kill them off. Their purpose is done once Bran reaches the cave.

And you know that how?

I don't see them keeping Bran offscreen for an entire season. More likely they'll cut him down to 4 or 5 episodes in which he learns to expand his warging powers, and we get some expansion of Westeros' history.

I definitely think we're gonna get TWOW material in the show before the book comes out. Not sure if that's good or bad.

Oh dear,

I really TRULY don't want HBO to spoil TWOW for me.

Maybe if they just had sticked more to the source material ,they maybe wouldn't have had to go too much ahead.

Edit: Typo

Well its clear in Season 5 we will be seeing plots from TWOW and plots made up by D & D and co. So strangely the show then becomes canon to the mass audience since its first. I really really really don't like the thought of that:(

Problem is then whats true to GRRMs books and whats not. Its going to really reduce the tension and surprise when reading TWOW especially if completely different things happen in characters stories. I'm expecting some huge deviations ahead.

Anyone else think we won't see the elk? I reckon HBO will see it as too zany and will switch it to an undead horse or something.

Regarding Bran, he won't go on a hiatus, if they kept Theon then Bran's a certainty to stay in. He'll have his episodes cut and his main purpose will (hopefully) be to provide exposition on the history and lore of Westeros, introducing show only viewers to the concepts of R+L=J etc.

Well a lot of my thinking is based on the news that has leaked so far. They could just be introducing characters to set up there main actions later on, true, but I can't help but wonder if they really are going to accerlerate and finish certain storylines. I mean to date the characters leaked that we weren't expecting this year include three eyed raven, Hizaq (sp?), lords of the vale, plus we know Brienne stuff seems to be moved up. Its hard not to start jumping to the conclusion that stuff he being moved up.

Theres no way the show will spend 2 seasons on the

Mereenese Knot

Stannis's slow trudge to Winterfell

Stalemate at the wall

Brienne wandering about the countryside

Bran walking through the snow

We all knew this was coming. Just wish it wasn't going to happen:(

The Mereenese Knot will probably be done in season 6. That'll give Tyrion and Victarion's stories enough time to work with Dany's. It's possible she'll take a backseat for a while like in season 2 until things heat up with the battle.

I think season 5 will show us everything that happens in the North in ADWD and the start of TWOW. Stannis won't need a whole season to get to Winterfell, Theon can't wander around the castle for a whole season before escaping, and Jon can't spend a whole season letting Wildlings through the Wall and checking on the food storage. I think he'll get stabbed in S05E09 and we'll see the immediate aftermath because his stabbing would be a weird cliffhanger onscreen.

I wonder how far into Brienne's AFFC story we'll get. I'm assuming it'll be similar to her and Jaime in season 2. They were heading to King's Landing for about 2 episodes. Maybe it'll be similar to that in season 4. I also wonder if they'll save the LS reveal for Brienne rather than a random Frey.

As for Bran, it's easier to create story for him in the cave than in the woods. He'll probably be there for a lot longer than 2 seasons considering it doesn't like he'll ever leave.

Well its clear in Season 5 we will be seeing plots from TWOW and plots made up by D & D and co.

S5? Besides possibly Bran, I can't see that. We've had plots made up by D&D since S1 though.

Well a lot of my thinking is based on the news that has leaked so far. They could just be introducing characters to set up there main actions later on, true, but I can't help but wonder if they really are going to accerlerate and finish certain storylines.

I don't think they can "finish" certain storylines. The reason those storylines are in the series is that they will end up interacting with other storylines. They could race ahead and then hit the pause button but if they wanted to do that, they could hit the pause button right now. IMO, they'll continue finding material for all the on-going storylines. Some less than others though.

I don't imagine that anything from The Winds of Winter is happening in season 5, save possibly one of the battles that George held over from ADwD.

That would mean that the next two seasons not only will cover "half" of Storm of Swords but most of DwDs and FFCs as well.

That would also mean that in one and a half years HBO will start showing episodes with Winds of Winter material in them.

The clock is ticking much faster than some people want to admit.

As I have already mentioned on another thread, they might have use the guy just for one scene in the very last episode - just like they used Lommy and Hotpie in Season1 - they just introducied him in S01E10 - using the material from the 1st Arya chapter of Book 2, their story from the rest of the Book 2 was in Season 2.

That would also mean that in one and a half years HBO will start showing episodes with Winds of Winter material in them(let's don't count promos/trailers and let's not worry that in one year they'd need to complete filming for season 5, the writers would get advanced copies of the book I'm sure possibly right?)

I wonder do the writers see parts of the book way before GRRM finishes the book. GRRM already reads some chapters to us at conventions. And D&D have a better reason to see chapters in advance than us readers.

That would mean that the next two seasons not only will cover "half" of Storm of Swords but most of DwDs and FFCs as well.

That would also mean that in one and a half years HBO will start showing episodes with Winds of Winter material in them(let's don't count promos/trailers and let's not worry that in one year they'd need to complete filming for season 5, the writers would get advanced copies of the book I'm sure possibly right?)

Well, if season four is going to air in 2014, that means season five will be shooting that same year, and will then air in 2015 (likely ending with the battle in Meereen). That means they'll need to have the sixth season fully outlined by the end of 2014, at the very least, so that they can have the scripts prepared for their pre-production period in early 2015. It doesn't give Martin a ton of time, but considering D&D can pump him for whatever information they'll need to make sure the show stays on track and on time, I'm not sure how much (if any) there is to worry about. Sure, I'd prefer that the books were released first, but I think it's safe to say that that is not going to happen at this point.

My hope is that The Winds of Winter warrants two seasons (or nearly two seasons, as with ASoS), so that George has at least a decent amount of time to make some headway on A Dream of Spring. Obviously the show will (and already has) forge its own path, but I still think that the plan - at least for now - is to stay the course, and adapt this series as closely as is possible given their time frame, the logistics of the production, their budget, and the oft-ignored (and countless) variables that you run into during the process of casting, writing, filming, editing, etc. If TWoW is going to take up approximately two seasons, that would give HBO until the last quarter of 2016 to finish ADoS if he wants to stay abreast of the book series.

Personally, I think a viable option is that the final season of Game of Thrones will be both extended, and possibly delayed to more closely coincide with the release of the final book. In terms of marketing, you couldn't ask for a better scenario.

Archived