[BOOK SPOILERS] Will a certain young lad that Tyrion meets be cast?

Nikos Targaryen

Well - actually it is exactly the fact that he might be fake that makes his story compelling and interesting, "lost and found" prince is pure fantasy, but a person claiming to be "lost and found" prince (while most probably being fake) makes for a great story - it happened many times in history - and often led to wars and conflicts (check all the fake Dimytrys, Peter the 2nds and Anastasyas in Russia for example)

I dont expect Aegon and co to appear in season4 , I think they make a perfect season long story arc for season 5:

For example -

Season 5:

Ep 1 - Tyrion and Illirio meet Griffs, start sailing (I think Tyrions arrival/awakening in Pentos can be one of Season 4 cliffhangers)

Ep 2,3,4,5 - Sailing a la "Heart of Darkness"/"Apocalypsis Now"

Ep 6 - Volantis - stories of several characters in Essos can converge in Volantys and will be affected with the outcome of Volanytis elections (Tyrion and Jorah sail away with Moqorro, Aegon and JC decide to go to the GC, + they can even have Quentyn and co joining the sellswards story moved to Volanys)

Ep 7-9 Aegon and co migh be absent for a while... and just when we have almost forgotten them - bang !: we see the meeting of Aegon and co with golden company and people cheering for him

Ep 10 - almost at the end of the episode (after the monologue of varys but before the jon's big moment) we are shown them sailing manacingly with a fleet towards the westeros - i know in the books he is supposed to be already in westeros by the time of death of Kevan and Pizzel, but that can be altered slightly..

or alternatively during the Epps 7 - 10 they could have him arrive in Westeros and conquer Griffins Roost or even Storms End

(I think Tyrions arrival/awakening in Pentos can be one of Season 4 cliffhangers)

Explain to me why this is a good course of action.

Ending with Tyrion killing Tywin:

• Is a devastating and thrilling ending to Tyrion's Westeros arc.

More closely mirrors the experience of reading the books (as said before, book readers had to wait 11 years to see where he had gone afterward).

Will keep the non-readers engaged and theorizing during the hiatus.

Ending with Tyrion arriving in Pentos:

• Means they have to bring back the actor who played Illyrio (which hasn't been announced, a month before filming is supposed to end).

Means they have to design new sets or find locations to Illyrio's palace.

Would just be an awkward place to end. It's the beginning of Tyrion's Essos arc, not an ending.

Serves no purpose storywise. What is it about this scene that absolutely cannot wait until season 5? How does it improve what should be an already spectacular end to the season?

Makes it seem like the journey to Essos by boat doesn't take very long. Isn't this the same fandom that complains about Littlefinger "teleporting?"

Explain to me why this is a good course of action.

Ending with Tyrion killing Tywin:

• Is a devastating and thrilling ending to Tyrion's Westeros arc.

More closely mirrors the experience of reading the books (as said before, book readers had to wait 11 years to see where he had gone afterward).

Will keep the non-readers engaged and theorizing during the hiatus.

Ending with Tyrion arriving in Pentos:

• Means they have to bring back the actor who played Illyrio (which hasn't been announced, a month before filming is supposed to end).

Means they have to design new sets or find locations to Illyrio's palace.

Would just be an awkward place to end. It's the beginning of Tyrion's Essos arc, not an ending.

Serves no purpose storywise. What is it about this scene that absolutely cannot wait until season 5? How does it improve what should be an already spectacular end to the season?

Makes it seem like the journey to Essos by boat doesn't take very long. Isn't this the same fandom that complains about Littlefinger "teleporting?"

I said - "Tyrions arrival/awakening in Pentos can be one of Season 4 cliffhangers)"

I find it equally possible that Tywins death is the Season4 Ep10 - no need to be so upset about it - and if you look at my suggested episode breakdown for season 5 it wont' change much in any case (S05 Ep1 - Tywion awawkes, meets Illirio, later they meet griffs and jouney begins - if there is not enough time in epp 1 due to other story lines - this story can be spread over first 2 epps)

if you think about it - both options have pro-s and con-s

As to the Tyrion awaking in pentos at the end of season 4 - I totally agree with you - that both for Tyrions story and as a seasons ender - Death of Tywin at the end of ep 10 is the best,

my suggestion of Pentos in Season 5 (by the way no need for illirio there - you can have tyrion awake, ask where am I? and a random servant respond Pentos, mylord) - was not for the purposes of the Aegons story, but rather based on a chance that might have Tywins death as a big event of Ep 9 and Ep 10 deals with aftermath and set-up of next seasons events (just as it was the case in the previous seasons - Aryas deaparture from KL was shown already in Season 1, Jaime arrived in Kl at the end of season 3, etc) - so there is a chance - again I don't say this is the best way or that is definiively going to happen, that they will have serseis reactions to her fathers death, even wedding of tommen as well as jaime's Brienne's/ departure, in last ep of Season 4.

This is not the most elegant option but it helps to accomodate more of AFFC/ADWD material already in Season 4....

Again - I find it euqally possible - that they end Season 4 with a bang...that is with a crossbow :)

I said - "Tyrions arrival/awakening in Pentos can be one of Season 4 cliffhangers)"

I find it equally possible that Tywins death is the Season4 Ep10 - no need to be so upset about it - and if you look at my suggested episode breakdown for season 5 it wont' change much in any case (S05 Ep1 - Tywion awawkes, meets Illirio, later they meet griffs and jouney begins - if there is not enough time in epp 1 due to other story lines - this story can be spread over first 2 epps)

if you think about it - both options have pro-s and con-s

As to the Tyrion awaking in pentos at the end of season 4 - I totally agree with you - that both for Tyrions story and as a seasons ender - Death of Tywin at the end of ep 10 is the best,

my suggestion of Pentos in Season 5 (by the way no need for illirio there - you can have tyrion awake, ask where am I? and a random servant respond Pentos, mylord) - was not for the purposes of the Aegons story, but rather based on a chance that might have Tywins death as a big event of Ep 9 and Ep 10 deals with aftermath and set-up of next seasons events (just as it was the case in the previous seasons - Aryas deaparture from KL was shown already in Season 1, Jaime arrived in Kl at the end of season 3, etc) - so there is a chance - again I don't say this is the best way or that is definiively going to happen, that they will have serseis reactions to her fathers death, even wedding of tommen as well as jaime's Brienne's/ departure, in last ep of Season 4.

This is not the most elegant option but it helps to accomodate more of AFFC/ADWD material already in Season 4....

Again - I find it euqally possible - that they end Season 4 with a bang...that is with a crossbow :)

The sweetspot for ending Tyrion's season would be with him boarding the ship in King's Landing. It concludes all of his storylines within the capital and has the cliffhanger of not knowing where he is heading. As far as I'm concerned it is the only reasonable option :P.

As for season 5, my prediction would be:

episode 1 - arrive in Pentos/meet Illyrio

2 - the conversation with Illyrio (my prediction is that they will also have Varys there, just to keep him around in S5) and they leave Pentos

3 - meeting Aegon and JonCon

4-5 - their travels

6 - Aegon reveal and Stone Men

7 - aftermath of the Stone Men, more travels

8 - Reaching Volantis, Tyrion is kidnapped by Jorah (they are likely to combine Selhorys and Volantis, just to simplify things. I also predict this to be the episode that Quentyn leaves Volantis, assuming they show his journey (which I hope they do, starting in Dorne), so they could have a close encounter scene)

9 - A Tyrion and Jorah scene

10 - They leave Volantis (hopefully just them, with Penny cut from the show)

The sweetspot for ending Tyrion's season would be with him boarding the ship in King's Landing. It concludes all of his storylines within the capital and has the cliffhanger of not knowing where he is heading. As far as I'm concerned it is the only reasonable option :P.

Not to come off as stubborn, but how does that "conclude the storyline" any more than him killing Tywin and walking out of the room? I'm sure we'll hear Varys tell him that he's leaving by ship and that he won't tell him where he's going. That should be enough. I can't think of what purpose such a scene would serve, other than to kill the momentum.

Michael Fassbender for Jon Connington!!! ...seriously, though - would be awesome. And it's not that far outside the realm of possibility. Fassbender is a close friend of Liam Cunningham (Davos), and the role wouldn't be much of a time commitment.

But really, when it comes down to all of these upcoming characters - Euron, Victarion, Aegon, etc. - casting is going to be key. If they want the audience to care about what's happening with these characters, charismatic actors are going to be a must. As long as Ray Stevenson is cast as Victarion, though, I'll be happy with whoever else ends up joining the show.

Can they get Ray Stevenson?

Nina Gold was the casting director for Rome, as well as for Game of Thrones. Three alumni from that show (four, if you count Ian McNiece, who originally played Illyrio) have already been cast in GoT: Ciarán Hinds who played Julius Caesar/Mance Rayder, Indira Varma who played Niobe, wife of Lucius Vorenus/Elliaria Sand, & Tobias Menzies who played Marcus Junius Brutus/Edmure Tully. I don't see why one or two more couldn't possibly happen (as I agree that Kevin McKidd would make for a perfect, realistic option for Jon Connington; was kind of fanboy-ing above, after seeing Fassbender in 12 Years A Slave).

• 2 weeks later...

i can see a lengthy discussion between Varys and Tyrion explaining his intended journey right after his patricidal (and whore-icidal [is there a real word for this?]) exit from the Red Keep. They can eliminate the whole Illyrio manse scene and perhaps even most of the trek down towards Volantis if he meets up with JonCon and fAegon around the sorrows. I think the greyscale is gonna be pretty significant later on so the producers might need to set it up (also, Septa Lemore may be a bigger player than we think and Tyrion (as well as myself) must needs see her in her nameday suit as this seemed to get the gears going in Tyrion's…um…head.

I could see the early season 5 episodes rolling out like so:

1. Varys meets Tyrion down outside the Red Keep with a ship waiting. He explains to Tyrion where he'll be going and who he is supposed to meet up with. Tyrion spends an undetermined amount of time binge drinking in the ship's hull and drunkenly reflecting his Shae and Tywin' deaths. Maybe he learns cyvasse down there at some point. The ship docks and he peeks out to a completely different world.

2. Tyrion meets JonCon, Aegon, and Septa Lemore. They begin drifting down the Rhoyne towards Volantis and bicker back and forth, Tyrion starts playing some Cyvasse for secrets until they reach the Sorrows and we get a fight scene that has Tyrion drown at the end (and perhaps be revived to avoid the "yeah right" cliffhanger)

3. Tyrion starts piecing things together and things come to a head between him and JonCon. They arrive in Selhorys and Tyrion wanders off and gets drunk in a whore house (where do whores go?). Jorah is downstairs and and confronts Tyrion, then impnaps him.

i can see a lengthy discussion between Varys and Tyrion explaining his intended journey right after his patricidal (and whore-icidal [is there a real word for this?]) exit from the Red Keep. They can eliminate the whole Illyrio manse scene and perhaps even most of the trek down towards Volantis if he meets up with JonCon and fAegon around the sorrows. I think the greyscale is gonna be pretty significant later on so the producers might need to set it up (also, Septa Lemore may be a bigger player than we think and Tyrion (as well as myself) must needs see her in her nameday suit as this seemed to get the gears going in Tyrion's…um…head.

I could see the early season 5 episodes rolling out like so:

1. Varys meets Tyrion down outside the Red Keep with a ship waiting. He explains to Tyrion where he'll be going and who he is supposed to meet up with. Tyrion spends an undetermined amount of time binge drinking in the ship's hull and drunkenly reflecting his Shae and Tywin' deaths. Maybe he learns cyvasse down there at some point. The ship docks and he peeks out to a completely different world.

2. Tyrion meets JonCon, Aegon, and Septa Lemore. They begin drifting down the Rhoyne towards Volantis and bicker back and forth, Tyrion starts playing some Cyvasse for secrets until they reach the Sorrows and we get a fight scene that has Tyrion drown at the end (and perhaps be revived to avoid the "yeah right" cliffhanger)

3. Tyrion starts piecing things together and things come to a head between him attnd JonCon. They arrive in Selhorys and Tyrion wanders off and gets drunk in a whore house (where do whores go?). Jorah is downstairs and and confronts Tyrion, then impnaps him.

+1 for whoricidal and impnaps. Personally I think Tyrion gets on the ship this season. My secret hope is that Tyrion gets on the same ship as Arya, setting up a situation next season where they somehow interact, since it doesn't look like the will in the book.

Varys should explain all of that before Tyrion kills Tywin.

I meant that he explains everything Illyrio explains to him in his manse outside the RK as opposed to Tyrion hearing it from Illyrio, or maybe even Varys travels with Tyrion to Essos so Tyrion has someone to talk to during the scenes in the hull. Then perhaps Varys can travel back to westeros and run around in disguise for awhile as a different character until his scene with Kevan.

Archived