The Heretic's Guide to Heresy

wolfmaid7

I can't remember exactly which one off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure that we had a thread around the 30s or 40s that was dedicated to the Winterfell crypts.

Hi there!

This is my first post. I've been lurking since the heresy thread was in the 50,s..

Did anyone happen to know where I could find this thread about the crypts?

Hi there!

This is my first post. I've been lurking since the heresy thread was in the 50,s..

Welcome Mary,I will ask around on the Heresy thread if anyone can pinpoint the exact heresy.

Hi there!

Hi Mary one of the Heretics informed me that it was in Heresy #20 and #35

That's a lot of reading :crying:

Yeah. As a regular contributor to Heresy I can't imagine anybody plowing through it all.

On the other hand, if there were a synopsis of core ideas and current thinking, that would probably be read quite a bit. The best topics would be the ones Heresy rehashes every couple of months (rather like R+L=J rehashes the ToJ).

Yeah. As a regular contributor to Heresy I can't imagine anybody plowing through it all.

On the other hand, if there were a synopsis of core ideas and current thinking, that would probably be read quite a bit. The best topics would be the ones Heresy rehashes every couple of months (rather like R+L=J rehashes the ToJ).

I think Mace and Evita are working on that.

• 2 weeks later...

OMG!!!!!!

ive been on this forum for over six months and not found these brilliant threads before!! was started to get bored with the current threads on twow and general thank the gods i have found this.

Happy days lots of reading to do anyone recomend the best heresy threads to read first??

im gonna start with old nans tales but any others recomended would be much appreciated....thanks in advance.......

OMG!!!!!!

ive been on this forum for over six months and not found these brilliant threads before!! was started to get bored with the current threads on twow and general thank the gods i have found this.

Happy days lots of reading to do anyone recomend the best heresy threads to read first??

im gonna start with old nans tales but any others recomended would be much appreciated....thanks in advance.......

Welcome and hope we see you on Hersey soon:

I would start with the 1st Heresy( The Wall),Heresy 6 (Old Nan),Heresy 35 and 36 ( The Reeds Oath)and the 80's and onward.

Welcome and hope we see you on Hersey soon:

I would start with the 1st Heresy( The Wall),Heresy 6 (Old Nan),Heresy 35 and 36 ( The Reeds Oath)and the 80's and onward.

A good place to start would be right where we are, H91, since this is the beginning of a multi-part series of recap threads, each iteration is a different topic, trying to get to a consensus for H100. current topic is the Wall, it's origins, and it's purpose(s)

Hello all:

We just completed our first item in the Heresy Project entitled "The Wall". Summary will be forthcoming from OP. When events of the past happened in ASOIAF has always been a head scratching ordeal. So join us as we discuss "Timelines".

Edited by wolfmaid7

Hello all:

We just completed our first item in the Heresy Project entitled "The Wall". Summary will be forthcoming from OP. When events of the past happened in ASOIAF has always been a head scratching ordeal. So join us as we discuss "Timelines".

Thanks wm7 for this project update. I would expect weekly updates to be coming your to your "gude" on the recaps ot the topics under discussion. For those who may not have seen the Heresy Project introduction, here is a list of topics and the authors that will be orchestrating its discussion:

(Father) The Wall by Capon Breath

(Mother) Timelines by Mace Cooterian

(Maiden) Winterfell by Black Crow

(Warrior) White Walkers by Grey Words

(Smith) Magic (Fire v Ice) by tyryan

(Crone) Nights King by redriver

(Stranger) COTF by evita mgfs

For more detail on the Heresy Project please refer to Black Crow's introduction to the start of H90.

Does anyone remember what Heresy the Summerhall and ww connection was discussed in? It was about because Summerhall was Fire related and the ww are ice related, the incident caused the ww to come back again.

While I'm not considerred an "old timer" I have been involved with Heresy since about H22. If memory serves me correct there was dicussion around the late 30's that may fit the bill; possibly into the early 40's.

Edited by Mace Cooterian

While I'm not considerred an "old timer" I have been involved with Heresy since about H22. If memory serves me correct there was dicussion around the late 30's that may fit the bill; possibly into the early 40's.

Well your an "old timer" to me, I joined I've been involved since the mid H60's.

I seem to remember though it was a discussion when I joined, so past Heresy 60 probably.

Well your an "old timer" to me, I joined I've been involved since the mid H60's.

I seem to remember though it was a discussion when I joined, so past Heresy 60 probably.

There was a period from about H58 up through H69 that I did not get to follow. So you may very well be true on the mid 60's.

Summerhall and it's relation to the Ice is something that's been talked about since I first joined back in 8 (didn't start posting until 11)

Don't know if this is the particular theory you're thinking of, but my thoughts on the connection are such:

We know that Summerhall occurred in 259; we also know that Rhaegar was born on this exact same day. It is safe to assume, given his description in book and what Martin has stated about Craster in various interviews, that Craster is roughly 55 at the time of Game of Thrones etc. Summerhall's date puts it at 40 years ago; forty years ago puts Craster at around 15 years old at the time of Summerhall, and 15 seems to be the age at which the Westerosi women start having families, and, from what we know of human nature and how the wildlings operate, 13-15 years old is likely when wildling men start thinking about and actually go and steal their wife, meaning first child is 14-16.

If we take Craster's age as around 55 at time of novels, it puts him at around 15 at time of Summerhall, meaning that right around Summerhall was probably when he had his first child; if Craster has always sacrificed his boys from the beginning, then him starting his sacrifices occurred at almost the exact time as the incident at Summerhall (also provided it didn't take Craster a significant number of years to have a son instead of a daughter).

Edited by Tyryan Lannister