The Heretic's Guide to Heresy

wolfmaid7

• 3 weeks later...

The Centennial Project is done, and i invite you all to take a look at the essays.

Our fearless leader is now propelling the band of ruffians into some amazing discussions.

We just concluded with "The Crows" and are starting on the topic "Fire and Ice" where we look deeper in what that means for the characters.Drop by.

Edited by wolfmaid7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Ok guys nice update a Major tenent of Heresy has been confirmed by the show-----Craster's babies are being turned into WWs :eek:

CONGRATS GUYS.Black Crow :bowdown:

Exciting times so drop by soon.

Yeah. As a regular contributor to Heresy I can't imagine anybody plowing through it all.

I'm certainly not.

If this is an actual thing with actual tenets, someone should do up a FAQ or list of major tenets already and get it edited into the first post on this thread.

Thanks for having compiled Nan's stories, though.

... in the run-up to HERESY 100 Mace Cooterian very kindly organised a Centennial Seven project, looking at seven major topics in Heresy, featuring a specially commissioned introductory essay followed by a whole thread concentrating on that one topic.

A link to Heresy 100 follows, in which will be found updated essays on the Seven, with a bonus essay on the Crows: http://asoiaf.wester...138-heresy-100/. Links are also provided at the end of each essay to the relevant discussions

A note to Newbies,Heresy is massive with over 100 threads so a good place to start is the Cennetinial Project and Essays where you get the different opinions on the (7) major topics of Heresy. From there you can work through the other threads.Happy Heresy.

• 2 months later...

Update from the Heretics

We are about to embark upon a second installementt of Mace Cooterian's project where we look at essays on popular heretical topics. More info will be forthcoming.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

About Heresy:

"Heresy covers a wide variety of subjects, but is largely about questioning some of the popular assumptions that the Wall and the Nights Watch were created to keep the Others at bay - and that the story is going to end with Jon Snow being identified as both the lost Targaryen heir and as Azor Ahai – seated on a dragon.Furthermore,Heresy is about making connections between the various myths and magic in an effort to futher understand what's going on in the story"(Black Crow).

Hi Wolfmaid7 and other Hereseers.

I've been reading these threads for a while now, and just finally became a forum member. Forgive me for being unfamiliar with how some things work here, but I am not really sure how to proceed with something.

I wrote a short essay (2.5pgs) that I think will only really appeal to the Heresy crowd, so I'm reluctant to post it in the general forum. But as it proposes a fairly specific theory, it is not really a proper Heresy (in the sense that it is not so much a review of materials on a topic).

I don't want to commit a faux pas so sooner after joining, but I am very eager to see it torn apart and/or discussed. What should I do with it?

Thanks.

I've been reading these threads for a while now, and just finally became a forum member. Forgive me for being unfamiliar with how some things work here, but I am not really sure how to proceed with something.

I wrote a short essay (2.5pgs) that I think will only really appeal to the Heresy crowd, so I'm reluctant to post it in the general forum. But as it proposes a fairly specific theory, it is not really a proper Heresy (in the sense that it is not so much a review of materials on a topic).

I don't want to commit a faux pas so sooner after joining, but I am very eager to see it torn apart and/or discussed. What should I do with it?

Thanks.

Hi there, welcome to the forums and happy heresy.You are definitely most welcomed to post it on Heresy.We are just finishing up one now.So when we start the new one which would be sometime today.Also just PM Black Crow to let him know you"d be posting an essay .introduce yourself like you did here and post it.Fresh pairs of eyes are always a treat.Looking forward to your piece.

Thanks.

What wolfmaid7 said, or you could post it here in the a Dance with Dragons forum. Threads tend to stay on the first page of the ADWD forum for a while unlike the General forum where there are so many threads.

• 5 months later...

Wolfmaid - It could be a site issue (lots of those lately, it seems)... but it looks like the links to the last two Heresy threads need to be edited. Currently they both point to this thread - the Heretics Guide. (Though as someone else pointed out, Heresy 163 seems to have disappeared... so it might be difficult to redirect that link at the moment. :) )

Wolfmaid - It could be a site issue (lots of those lately, it seems)... but it looks like the links to the last two Heresy threads need to be edited. Currently they both point to this thread - the Heretics Guide. (Though as someone else pointed out, Heresy 163 seems to have disappeared... so it might be difficult to redirect that link at the moment. :) )

Thanks Snowy i will double check. :cheers: