The Heretic's Guide to Heresy

wolfmaid7

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome Heretics old and new.Official info about an upcoming project that will kick-off at H175.It is a side project that will take the form of its own thread with the purpose of analyzing and critiquing a series of essays discussing Jon's parentage.

X+Y=J :The Heretic Alternatives wll look at 7 essays after which we will have a chance to reflect and take a poll based on what's presented as the most likely to be the answer.Here are the essays and the writers in the order they will appear.

A special thank you to all who were kind enough to accept and present essays.

1.Markg171-Eddard

2.FreyFamily Reunion-Howland

3.Kingmonkey- Rhaegar

4Pretty pig and King Tyrion- Mance

5.Superunknown5- Ser Arthur Dayne

6.Wolfmaid7- Robert Baratheon.

7.Feather Crystal- Aerys or Tywin (Special essay)

8.Reflections thread.

Happy Heresy :cheers:

Can't believe there's no Ned+Ashara :(

Voice, you've made about a good a case for Jon as a Dayne as anyone, why don't you take it? Or do you prefer Gerold + Lyanna? I do think your idea the RLJ is true, but Lyanna gave birth at Starfall to be fairly plausible, I just want to tell you.

Won't it be covered under the "Eddard" thread? Is Markg171 only considering Wylla?

The latter is correct. Mark will be concentrating on Wylla.So we dont have a Ned + Ashara. Edited by wolfmaid7

yeah no one took it.

I could write up a little something, but it's already late and I'm a procrastinator.

Voice, you've made about a good a case for Jon as a Dayne as anyone, why don't you take it? Or do you prefer Gerold + Lyanna? I do think your idea the RLJ is true, but Lyanna gave birth at Starfall to be fairly plausible, I just want to tell you.

:cheers:

I could take it, but I'm working on another OP, and I'm far more interested in that one than I am in Jon's parentage.

I am confident in Stark+Dayne=Jon from a purely analytical standpoint. I prefer Ned+Ashara from an emotional one, but it is hard to argue against the logic of Arthur. Gerold seems the most unlikely, which makes it very hard to discount him, given GRRM's penchant for subtlety.

I could write up a little something, but it's already late and I'm a procrastinator.

:cheers:

I could take it, but I'm working on another OP, and I'm far more interested in that one than I am in Jon's parentage.

I am confident in Stark+Dayne=Jon from a purely analytical standpoint. I prefer Ned+Ashara from an emotional one, but it is hard to argue against the logic of Arthur. Gerold seems the most unlikely, which makes it very hard to discount him, given GRRM's penchant for subtlety.

I would still appreciate a right up eventually.Atleast to database it.

I hope Weaselpie will join in with his essay because I think he's correct...though I'll be rooting for Markg171

I hope to add it eventually because i enjoyed it myself.

Anyone know which Heresy/s covered the Wild Hunt?

Saw some talk of it recently in there and am intrigued.

Its was one of the earlier Heresies but i'll have to check it.

Important update:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/133189-rollback-and-future-upgrade/#entry7200476

The Wolfmaid is  a bit bummed today i don't know how many of you read Ran's announcement linked above,if you haven't you should read it immediately as it affects the upcoming project.Due to upgrades that will take place content posted now up until we switch over  will be lost .This ofcourse includes all content in the project.So i have some things to figure out moving forward.

I'll get back to you all.

New update:

In light of the upgrades the X+Y=J Heretic Alternatives project will be postponed on Westeros.org until the upgrades are complete.For more info please PM me.

My god - I'm never going to get housework done ever again!  I'm not sure whether I should thank you or curse you now!

HAHAHAH.If you run out of clothes to where because you neglected laundry..Then by all means curse us.