Sansa's age and appearance

Lady Howell

I think that the attitude you have in life, the things you do and go through affects how you look.

If you are cheerful and optimistic and 'childlike' you'll look younger (my case, I'm 20 and people ask me about high school and guess my age to be 14-16).

If you act more 'mature' and do things you think adults do, you'll look older (a friend of mine had saggy big breast at age 15, she had sex since she was 13, got drunk every weekend, tried to be cool, you get it).

If you go through many difficult situations (Sansa), you'll grow faster too.

I don't know, maybe the body tries to change as the outside world requires it too.

Wait a freaking minute. Did you even read my OP, I mentioned that I wasn't sure my assumption was correct. I even said that I hadn't seen very many girls who looked womanly so young. Dont accuse me of being mean about girls bodies when I straight up said I didn't know if there were girls out there who got curves and boobs so young. I admitted i might be wrong and Sansa's physical description is perfectly normal. Please don't jump down my throat because at least I didn't open this thread by calling Sansa abnormal for her age, bit by asking IF she was abnormal because I wasn't sure for myself.

I'm confused-Sansa is said to have started developing, where does it say she looks like a woman?

Either a lot of men in the series are suddenly pedophiles or Sansa is starting to look more like an adult, I'd say.

I think that the attitude you have in life, the things you do and go through affects how you look.

If you are cheerful and optimistic and 'childlike' you'll look younger (my case, I'm 20 and people ask me about high school and guess my age to be 14-16).

If you act more 'mature' and do things you think adults do, you'll look older (a friend of mine had saggy big breast at age 15, she had sex since she was 13, got drunk every weekend, tried to be cool, you get it).

If you go through many difficult situations (Sansa), you'll grow faster too.

I don't know, maybe the body tries to change as the outside world requires it too.

Evolution speed up?^^ I try not to be offended here...but I think that my love for walking in my mum's heels from time to time at home didn't stand in direct correspondence with my breasts!

Also Arya is described rather tom-boyish....I don't recall her very peachy the last few years. She had to go through some pretty messed up stuff too.

I'm confused-Sansa is said to have started developing, where does it say she looks like a woman?

Precisely. Tyrion comments on how Sansa looks and how she certainly does not appear to have the same curves as people like Shae. (lets face it, Tyrion knows what a woman's body looks like.)

Sansa makes note of herself looking more grown up in AFFC. But "curves in all the right places" is not how Sansa is ever described.

Wait a freaking minute. Did you even read my OP, I mentioned that I wasn't sure my assumption was correct. I even said that I hadn't seen very many girls who looked womanly so young. Dont accuse me of being mean about girls bodies when I straight up said I didn't know if there were girls out there who got curves and boobs so young. I admitted i might be wrong and Sansa's physical description is perfectly normal. Please don't jump down my throat because at least I didn't open this thread by calling Sansa abnormal for her age, bit by asking IF she was abnormal because I wasn't sure for myself.

Nobody jumped at your throat. Everyone answered you politely.

Could it be that you misunderstood it?

Evolution speed up?^^ I try not to be defended here...but I think that my love for walking in my mum's heel from time to time at home didn't stand in direct correspondence with my breasts!

Well that's not the same obviously! Hahaha

What I said was just my thoughts on the matter, no science in there!

Wow, at this thread. To the OP:

You are TOO YOUNG TO BE READING ASOIAF!!! Wait a couple of years. You'll understand it better and be of an appropriate age to take in all the graphic stuff.

It's sad that about 35-40% of registered users here are kids between 12-15.

Nobody jumped at your throat. Everyone answered you politely.

Could it be that you misunderstood it?

I was talking to the super-posh sounding posters you called this thread offensive because it wasn't fair to all Body types. All I did was ask the communtiy what they thought because I wasn't sure if I was looking at her physical description in the right light. I thought she may be being described as if she was older than what she is, but wasn't sure, so I asked. Then after several posters had already politely corrected me, and thank you for that by the way, I get some one going "Goodness me this thread is quite offensive" and it really ticked me off.

Sorry, I have a bit of a short fuse lately. Was not aimed at al posters. Excuse my outburst, ladies and gentlemen.

You are TOO YOUNG TO BE READING ASOIAF!!! Wait a couple of years. You'll understand it better and be of an appropriate age to take in all the graphic stuff.

You do know that such a general statement is utter bullshit right? It all depends on who you are.

Back in the day, I started reading this series when I was 14 years old and frankly I find it offensive that you are implying that young people are to dumb/inexperienced to understand ASOIAF. And for what it's worth this is the 21st century, young people today are used to content that is a lot more graphic than what is described in ASOIAF.

I dont remember Sansa being described as curvy though. Nor do i recall her tits being described as big. I never saw anyone in the series describing Sansa as she was a grown woman.

I don't recall much description of Sansa as curvy, either. The only thing I recall is that her gown was tighter in the chest, mentioned one time.

In medieval times people matured later than in modern times due to poorer nutrition, so one wouldn't expect a 13 year old to be very developed. As one of the upper class Sansa would have a better diet than a lowborn girl, but how much better?

Thank you for your concern. Even I now think I was too young to get involved with this series when I did (14, though I was almost 15 at the time). My mom only let me read because I have a high reading level and after watching an episode of the TV series late one night and finding out it was based on a book series, I got sucked in and absolutely begged her to. Thankfully, she never picked up and read one of the books herself and is blissfully unaware of what asoiaf is exactly about. I told her it was about political intrigue, romance, and war based in a medevil fantasy setting. That is all she ever needs to know. Ever.

I got in quite a bit of trouble for doing a book report on the Godfather when I was in Grade 6 and because I was a little shit I did the next one on Shogun. I haven't killed any puppies, so this is a bit of an overstatement on your part.

Myranda Royce remarked about Sansa's breasts.

Found it. "You are prettier than me, but my breasts are larger. The maesters say large breasts produce no more milk than small ones, but I do not believe it. Have you ever known a wet nurse with small teats ? Yours are ample for a girl your age, but as they are bastard breasts, I shan't concern myself with them." And remember Alayne Stone is of Jon Snow's age, older than Sansa.

You do know that such a general statement is utter bullshit right? It all depends on who you are.

Back in the day, I started reading this series when I was 14 years old and frankly I find it offensive that you are implying that young people are to dumb/inexperienced to understand ASOIAF. And for what it's worth this is the 21st century, young people today are used to content that is a lot more graphic than what is described in ASOIAF.

No its not. Sadly, to that last sentence and watch you language. You'll never win an argument by being offensive and using crude words.

Every kid thinks that he/she is the smartest person on the planet, but its natural and part of growing up. Wisdom believe it or not, does come with age. Sooner or later it has to come knocking on your door too.

p.s. I also read and watched stuff that was not suited my age when I was a teen, curiosity is a big part of human nature. In hindsight, I know I shouldn't have done it...but yeah, as I said wisdom comes with age. Wisdom, not just an intellectual capacity to read a book and get its basic meaning.

Archived