R+L=J. different R

alldragons

I've not got the book so I can't quote, but I read a very interesting passage from book one. It's when Ned's in the whorehouse with one of Roberts bastards. The phrasing is ambiguous: it talks of a "He" which could be Ned or Robert. It's something like this: "Ned reached out and touched the infants hair.Robert [..something about what Robert did or his bastards]. The hair felt like soft whatever, just like that of his firstborn."

The second half is either being said by Ned or of Ned. I think it's the latter, I think it indicates Robert had a son, that is somehow illegitimate, perhaps even by Lyanna somehow, that is VERY different to Joffrey. And Ned remembers that this firstborn, legitimate or not, had Roberts hair.

Has anyone followed this up and put out a sound backing as to how Jon could be Jon Baratheon? If there's a post about it please link, otherwise I'd love to hear some more evidence for or against.

Evidence for - none

Evidence against - here

The only boy of an age to be the son of Robert and Lyanna is GENDRY - he is pretty much the same age as Jon and Robb

thanks a bunch it's frustrating not having the novels on me and not finding a solid result for a theory after numerous quote searches on google. i dont see why i would leave this thread up if its that black and white.

I've not got the book so I can't quote, but I read a very interesting passage from book one. It's when Ned's in the whorehouse with one of Roberts bastards. The phrasing is ambiguous: it talks of a "He" which could be Ned or Robert. It's something like this: "Ned reached out and touched the infants hair.Robert [..something about what Robert did or his bastards]. The hair felt like soft whatever, just like that of his firstborn."

The second half is either being said by Ned or of Ned. I think it's the latter, I think it indicates Robert had a son, that is somehow illegitimate, perhaps even by Lyanna somehow, that is VERY different to Joffrey. And Ned remembers that this firstborn, legitimate or not, had Roberts hair.

Has anyone followed this up and put out a sound backing as to how Jon could be Jon Baratheon? If there's a post about it please link, otherwise I'd love to hear some more evidence for or against.

Ned knows about Mya Stone doesn't he? He could have met her and her mother, depending when she was born. Or it could just be that Ned is thinking about his own first born and how soft infants hair is, which becomes poignant when we know Barra is murdered by the Gold Claoks. I really think you need the full and accurate quote here!

Why wouldn't Ned tell his best friend about his own son? Especially, when Robert could easily legitimize Jon thus ensuring him a live of a prince instead of that of just a bastard?

Eddard Stark had touched the baby’s fine, dark hair. It flowed through his fingers like black silk. Robert’s firstborn had had the same fine hair, he seemed to recall.

There is absolutely no indication of the firstborn being a boy, and the one bastard that Ned saw and held in his arms to be able to make the comparison is Mya Stone.

Plus, the timeline excludes Robert as Jon's father, anyway.

Eddard Stark had touched the baby’s fine, dark hair. It flowed through his fingers like black silk. Robert’s firstborn had had the same fine hair, he seemed to recall.

There is absolutely no indication of the firstborn being a boy, and the one bastard that Ned saw and held in his arms to be able to make the comparison is Mya Stone.

Plus, the timeline excludes Robert as Jon's father, anyway.

Also, unlike Robert's bastards, Jon doesn't look like Robert.

Archived