Janos Slynt as Lord Commander

TOCR815

I still don't quite understand why Tywin wanted Janos Slynt to be the new Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. He completely ignores the Watch's need for men and then suddenly decides they might make a decent pawn in his game. Slynt wouldn't have much cause to love the Lannisters at this point so why him and for what purpose?

Why Slynt? They know him and they have his children. They don't have that much leverage over anybody else at the Wall. This is the time when Tywin is thinking about rearranging the balance of power in the north. Having another Lannister ally in the region is another piece on the board I suppose.

Because Janos Slynt was the best man for the job. Who wouldn't want Janos Slynt as their leader and commander?

He has great leadership skills, his ability to boast is unmatched. He knows how to fill his pockets with gold and distribute it well, he knows how to befriend people quickly (Jon and Allister Thorne) and is a kind, loving person.

I will always believe that the Watch made the biggest mistake for not electing him.

And Jon is accursed in my eyes for what he did...

:cool4:

Because at one point of time Tywin mentions that Mance Rayder might be useful against the North too! And Janos Slynt is a Lannister man & also has Pycelles vote. No man in the Night's Watch would have agreed to treat with Mance, so Slynt, a man in the pay of the Lannisters

Archived