College Football Week 7: Upset Special edition

Kalbear

We were running one of our tight ends out at Defensive End this week, so... I think UCLA's O-line is bad... which means Oregon probably spends some time in the backfield next week, too. But I think the secondary had a decent game, and the linebackers filled their gaps well (though they missed a few tackles they should've made).

ETA: Are they opening FSU-Clemson with an Eminem song just to troll Musberger?

Seriously. I'm not watching the game, but from the stats and highlights:

Price can't throw for shit

Price has zero time to throw

UW can't run at all

ASU is running at will, all the time

UW also is making great penalties and mistakes quite often

Twitter is telling me that Price's hand is clearly bothering him and it's fucking with his throws, and, consequently, the whole offense. Which would make sense, but Sark has to be able to sit him if he's screwing the team.

Anyway, moving on - what the hell, Clemson?

ETA: Yeah, Trisk, after last week, I thought Oregon would murder us. As it is, I still make them 6 or 7 point favorites in our stadium, but I think maybe we'll actually compete.

we are back. :) nice to see a lot of white shirts around plays that didn't involve the future first round DP from TAM at WR. also, nice to see us win. with a horrible arkansas, a pothole field having tennesseee and then a decimated UGA and an underachieving alabama to go...and also florida atlantic, i'll be rooting for bama to beat lsu and us to beat bama so we can show mizzou how to run an offense in the SEC championship.

the malzahn/ellis combo will be more unstoppable next year than it has been this year. i just wish we could get a rematch with lsu like bama did. the way i feel right now, we'd rush for a million yards against anyone. WAR EAGLE!!!

eta: i wonder how many times johnny football rushed for more yards in one play than he did against us all game. its beautiful to have so many sophomores, juniors and a few freshman playing like this right now.

don't forget, we paid 180K for nick marshall. being the only school in college football to do that and not get caught (no one else's teams get 100 dollar handshakes btw), its nice to not wait too long ofr the next one. :love:

ETA: hyperbole, i know. i'm just very happy :D

My first memories of Gator football go back to about 1975. I remember watching 4th and dumb on TV. I attended games during Florida's last losing season in 1979. I went to UF when Emmitt Smith played and the offense was bad then, but at least that was mostly due to the loss of scholarships from probation. That said, our offense under Muschamp has been nothing short of a total shit show. Meyer left the program with a lot of problems, but this is getting ridiculous. I get that he wants to run a power, ball control offense, but if your offensive line can't block anyone, continuously running between the tackles isn't going to get it done.

I like a lot of what Muschamp is doing. Good defense, solid special teams, no major off the field problems, but the offense is just so bad. He has got to do some major rethinking of what he is doing with the offense. I think Pease could be a good offensive coordinator, but the philosophy of the team definitely has to change.

Today was so bad I can't even enjoy Georgia losing to Vandy. I bet CBS is regretting picking the cocktail party for its game of the week.

Go Gators.

At this point I hope that TCU doesn't win another game this season (which was somewhat likely anyway) because it will mean that we can finally get some changes in offensive coaching.

I know you guys aren't TCU fans and may not have watched us play, but SERIOUSLY. That is a team that is BAD on offense. Our defense is fucking awesome - gonna be the best in the Big 12 again. But on offense, we have a terrible line, terrible quarterback, terrible godawful vomit-inducing scheming and play-calling, terrible receivers, and decent running backs. Offensive coaches haven't gotten any of these units to improve since last year, and quarterback and receivers have actually regressed.

TCU needs to be shaken up, and badly. Get a new o-line coach, move our WR coach to RB (it's Luper, originally the RB coach at Auburn), hire a new OC and QB coach. Move one co-OC back to WR and make the other the recruiting coordinator since he's a great recruiter and terrible coach.

I'm glad Ole Miss won and all but what the fuck Les Miles? No timeout with 30 or so seconds to go?

Les calling his last timeout with 6 seconds left on the clock, so that our kicker could get set up (rather than holding it to ice him) has got to be the most Les Miles thing of all time.

Archived