[BOOK SPOILERS] Predictions for TV series: Season by Season

Thousand Islands

I could see this being the endings of the future seasons:

Season 1 - Daenerys rising from the fire with her dragons

Season 2 - Sam smack in the middle of the White Walker army

Season 3 - Daenerys crowd surfing on slaves

Season 4 - Either Beric giving Catelyn the kiss of life or some other Lady Stoneheart reveal

Season 5 - Daenerys collapsing in the Dothraki sea after being left behind by Drogon

Season 6 - Jon getting stabbed by the Night's Watch

If characters from aDwD are being cast in the fourth season, this upcoming season is going to be jam packed with events. Figure we still need the 2nd half of SoS that has a lot of high quality action fit for a TV series. Also knowing they cannot split the seasons up like the books or else fans would go crazy for a whole season without Jon, Dany, or Tyrion. Which leads me to think..how much stuff are they going to skip over?

And 5 could be Quentyn getting roasted. This is fun.

I'd take that a little further. Quentyn roasted, Rhaegal and Viserion breaking out, and then start flying over the city in a wide panoramic - you can see the armies gathering around Meereen, grey ships in the distance, and then one of the dragons lets loose another blast of fire... See you in 6.

I'd take that a little further. Quentyn roasted, Rhaegal and Viserion breaking out, and then start flying over the city in a wide panoramic - you can see the armies gathering around Meereen, grey ships in the distance, and then one of the dragons lets loose another blast of fire... See you in 6.

I would be willing to bet large amounts of money that season 5 won't get that far. The FURTHEST season 5 could get would be the fighting pits, and even then having that in season 5 could screw up the pacing in season 6.

season 1:

episode 9 event: Ned's beheading

finale: birth of the dragons

season 2:

episode 9 event: Battle of Blackwater Bay

finale: White Walker army

season 3:

episode 9 event: Red Wedding

finale: 'Mhysa'

season 4:

episode 9 event: Battle of the Wall

finale: LS reveal

season 5:

episode 9 event: Battle of Meereen/Jon's stabbing*

finale: a snowy shot of King's Landing after the epilogue scene from ADWD: Stark theme playing as we follow the white raven up to the city rooftops; all to show that Winter has Come.

*on the fence about this one: depends on what the aftermath of that scene is.

Word. That's kinda what I was thinking. I'm almost certain Dany's last scene in s4 will be her chaining up the dragons, so it'd be nice to have them getting loose at the end of 5. And they could have Daznak's pit in e9, and no Dany at all in 10.

season 1:

season 2:

season 3:

season 4:

season 5:

finale: a snowy shot of King's Landing after the epilogue scene from ADWD: Stark theme playing as we follow the white raven up to the city rooftops; all to show that Winter has Come.

I may have missed something, but why is everyone avoiding Varys killing Kevan as the final scene in season 5?

season 1:

season 2:

season 3:

season 4:

season 5:

How the hell are they going to do AFFC and ADDW in one season? We are talking about 2000 pages. They needed 2 seasons for ASOS.

How the hell are they going to do AFFC and ADDW in one season? We are talking about 2000 pages. They needed 2 seasons for ASOS.

There will definitely be some spillover from ADWD into season 6 (the Battle of Meereen strikes me as a likely candidate), but huge swathes of those books (which I'm generally a big fan of, incidentally) are full of stuff that the show will never adapt (things that are far too expensive, scenes and subplots full of minor characters we won't meet, etc.).

I'm thinking the giant turtle god will be the first thing to go.

depends. I guess they will not cut stuff primarily by plot importance, but in regards of how well they work for a television series. The scene is a very visual one with small action and strange mysterious things happening. It probably has a higher chance of staying than f.e. the discussions in the tents of the Golden Company (Aegon reveal can be made better) or Tyrion playing cyvasse against a unknown character.

As Tyrion's arc is the one at the center of the Meereenese Knot, i.e. the one that the timing of "all" the others hinge on, I do see major revisions in his regard, (Why hinge on? How do you bring him east fast enough so Dany can leave there in the pit scene without losing the major plot points there? Cutting the knot here would mean letting Dany leave earlier). To be fair, I don't see the "turtle god scene" (and I guess that as including the whole boat voyage with the stone men/bridge sequence) as very vital either, but it would easen up the early 4 episodes of that season for Tyrion which is mostly exposition otherwise...)

Aw c'mon, the stone men scene has to make it. I thought Tyrion's endless travels and captures and escapes and side-changing got a bit dull, but that scene is killer. It would be a perfect end to an episode, with him falling into the water. Plus they've already introduced greyscale on the show, so all that stuff might be relevant later.

I'm interested in hearing how people think they'll be able to finish AFfC and ADwD in season 5. Like the people suggesting the battle of Meereen will be the E09 event of S05 - how would the writers be able to do that without creating a big mess of everything?

I'm confident we'll get a big deal of AFfC and ADwD material in S06 too. The battle of Meereen could very well be the E09 event of S06, in my opinion.

Well, if they're really doing 8 seasons, I would hope Dany is at least headed to Westeros by the end of s6. An extended season five really might be the best answer, but I don't see that happening. Seems like Jon getting stabbed will definitely end either 5 or 6, I guess it really just depends on how much they cut.

@Howland_Wolf Yeah, I rather argue that those scene doesn't have to be exactly like in the book. One can move the stonemen camp to the outskirts of Volantis and they have to cross the river there to get to the Golden Company or something like that, the camp doesn't have to be on the river with another travelling party. The show also most likely will not specify the location anyways (see Renly's camp f.e. on that). But then, Tyrion's switcheroo's get quite straighforward (Getting captured by Jorah and onto the ship is 3-4 scenes even with Penny attacking, that has place in one episode (barely though). From the ship to wreck to the Meereen slave market they can 'teleport'. It's not that complicated, but yes, Tyrions story arc may take some time/minutes and I can not really judge how that fits with the other story arcs and all...

So yes I agree that 509 is too early for the battle of Meereen which is a huge part in the books as well (bigger than blackwater it seems like). The Pit sounds more likely for me as E09. I doubt they'd do Jon's stabbing in the last episode, they don't really like cliffhangers over the season gap (not that huge ones - exception is stoneheart of course), which is also why I expect Tyrion's escape to be in the early part of E10 this fourth season, not at the end.(and then ending with the chaining of the dragons).

I do agree with you completely that Tyrion need not be there for the Pit scene. I think the fighting pits would make for good tv though, I hope there is an emphasis on them, and Hizdahr being cast already is a good sign. I really can't wait to see the shadow of Drogon's wings over the pit, visually I think that's just one of the coolest chapters in the whole story.

I am thinking the show is going to want Dany in Westeros for two seasons so with that in my mind I see the last scene in Season 6 is either Dany setting sail or even better a shot of her standing on the bow of a ship with say the castle of Dragonstone on the horizon. As to when thebattle of Mereen take place not sure. I could see them ending season 5 with it or possibly starting off season 6 with it.

Archived