[BOOK SPOILERS] Predictions for TV series: Season by Season

Thousand Islands

Regarding D&D wanting GRRM to finish Winds before season 6 I think it's true but they don't need to wait for the book to be published to write scripts just to have access to his draft material which we know they have. They then talk to George about the scripts which I believe they do.

Based upon everything I have read I think we will see some of ADWD/AFFC pushed back to season 6 (Euron/maybe Aegon) and conversely we will get some Winds spoilers this season most likely from the start of the book and the chapters which were written long ago - hopefully nothing too earth shattering so that we can still read Winds before next spring.

Regarding D&D wanting GRRM to finish Winds before season 6 I think it's true but they don't need to wait for the book to be published to write scripts just to have access to his draft material which we know they have. They then talk to George about the scripts which I believe they do.

Based upon everything I have read I think we will see some of ADWD/AFFC pushed back to season 6 (Euron/maybe Aegon) and conversely we will get some Winds spoilers this season most likely from the start of the book and the chapters which were written long ago - hopefully nothing too earth shattering so that we can still read Winds before next spring.

D and D probably don't care if George finishes Winds anymore. They have only like 4 months before season 6 filming begins. Which means unless George finishes really really soon, like in the next month, by the time Winds comes out they'll be done or almost done with their scripts anyway.

Sorry, not gonna happen because season 6 is Winds and season 7 is Dream

If they, for instance, push off Jon's Dance storyline to the end of season 6 that means whatever his Winds/Dream storylines are they'll have to do it all in 1 season. Which they won't do.

This isn't a delaying season. This is a "getting through the two worst books as quickly as possible so we don't lose viewers" season. Everyone's story will be either at or ahead of where their Dance material ends. That's the best possible way to do it.

Plus, I doubt George releasing Winds would matter at this point. Even if they haven't started writing the scripts now they will have started by the time Winds was released even if George announced he was finished today.

That would leave one season for the the last two books. Not happening!

While I do agree you guys are right, by the time GRRM actually begins writing Dream the shows already going to be over. There's not going to be much of Dream in the last season other than the rough ideas for the main characters that GRRM knows for certain.

This gives GRRM more time to let him think up Dreams for them to adapt.

Season 4 ends with:

Bran: Entering the caves of the Children of the Forest

Arya: On a ship toward Bravoos

Sansa: In the Vale after the death of Lysa

Jon: Elected Commander of the Night's Watch, turns down Stannis's offer

Sam: With Sam at the Wall, a hero

Iron Islands: Balon dies, Kingsmoot called.

Asha: Fails to save Theon. When she hears of Kingsmoot, she turns back

Theon: Succesfully reclaims Moat Cailin from the Ironborn, en route to Winterfell

Jaime: Depressedm, unloved by Cersei

Tywin: Has funeral

Cersei: Depressed, begins Regency, orders Tyrion's death, starts being paranoid

Dorne: Ellia Sand heads back to Dorne to avenge the Red Viper's death

Tyrion: Leaves Pentos to go with Young Griff

Daenerys: Decides to stay in Meereen, crucifies slavers

_________________________________________________________________________________

Season 5 ends with:

Bran: Bran mastering the Weirdwoods

Arya: Helps Sam in Bravoos, halfway through training

Sansa: Hears of her upcoming marriage

Jon: Welcomes the Thenns, halfway through Command

Stannis: Leaves the Wall to reclaim Winterfell

Sam: Leaves Bravoos again for Oldtown

Iron Islands: Euron King, Shield islands attacked, Victarion sent to Daenerys

Asha: Returns to Deepwood Mott, escapes killing by Euron

Theon: Hears Bran's voice, renews hope of escape

Jaime: Fights with Cersei, sent to subdue Riverlands

Cersei: She is arrested

Dorne: Sands imprissoned, Arianne's revenge attempt, Doran reveals alliance with Aegon. No Quentyn

Tyrion: Captured by Second Sons

Aegon: Lands on Stormland Coast

Daenerys: Dragon Pit scene

_________________________________________________________________________________

Season 6 includes the following plotlines:

Bran: unknown

Arya: unknown

Sansa: unknown

Jon: Completes Command, tries to save sister, Pink Letter then Stabbed

Stannis: Battle for Winterfell

Sam: Arrives in Oldtown, works with ''Pate''

Iron Islands: Euron attacks the Reach

Theon: Escapes Winterfell, Meets Stannis

Jaime: Brought by Brienne to UnCat

King's Landing: Varys breaks the Tyrell-Lannister alliance

Cersei: Robert Strong's duel

Dorne: Arianne meets Aegon

Tyrion: Battle for Meereen

Aegon: Conquered Storm's End

Daenerys: Meets the Dorthraki

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Season 7: Rest of WoW, some DoS

Season 8: Rest of DoS. End of series

Bran isn't in this Season.

Archived