Epic London Trip - 16/17 November

naz

Ok, not really epic. I have a weekend stopover in London en route to India and would love to meet the lovely UK BwB contingent if possible.

I fly in Friday night 15 Nov, and leave Monday afternoon, so Saturday and Sunday are free for revelry and merriment.

What say, Londoners? Fancy a pint or three? Lunch? Dinner?

That's great! Would love to see all of you. And what about the rest of you, London BwB?

PS: I realize I'm going to be missing the Lynch/Rothfuss event by 10 days.

There is no London BwB these days. :)

Bah, humbug.

If I can make some arrangements, I might make it over for this. Let me do some investigation.

Oh, eefa... please don't tease me so.

I'm pretty free most of the day and evening. I'll be staying with my cousin and I'll probably be hanging out with her and her family most of the day and then meet up with all of you late in the day. I figure late afternoon or evening is better for everyone?

Any venue suggestions?

Since nobody else has suggested anything, I'll suggest The Lamb in Bloomsbury, since we've been there before (I think we went there when Ran and Linda were visiting a while back?) and I remember it being OK. If anyone more knowledgeable about London pubs has a better suggestion feel free to make it.

I'm pretty free most of the day and evening. I'll be staying with my cousin and I'll probably be hanging out with her and her family most of the day and then meet up with all of you late in the day. I figure late afternoon or evening is better for everyone?

Sounds good.

The Lamb sounds fine with me, but what do I know.

Transport question: I'm staying with my cousin in the Wimbledon area; closest tube station is Collier's Wood or S. Wimbledon on the Northern Line. (A litter farther is Wimbledon on the District Line). They don't have a car, so I'll have to get to and from Heathrow on my own. I'll have 3 large suitcases, so going via tube is out of the question. I figured I would take a standard black cab, but then I read about a pre-booked minicab called greentomato. Do you guys have any idea which would be cheaper - the black taxi or the minicab?

I wish the Heathrow Express went anywhere near where I need to go (it doesn't); that was my favorite option for getting into Central London on my last visit.

Archived