Small Questions v 10017

Stubby

Is Dorne inpendent. Or are they sworn to the IT en they just were allowed to keep calling themselves princes and princesses?

Calling the ruler Prince or Princess instead of King or Lord is a Rhoynish custom they held onto.

"I am beautiful, she reminded himself." --Cersei to herself after disrobing on the steps of Baelor's Sept. Misprint or Freudian slip?

Oh I saw this the other day too. I spent a good 15 minutes staring and analysing, wondering whether it was a complex little nugget that describes how Cersei wishes she had been born a man because she feels oppressed by a patriarchal Westerosi society where women struggle to seize power, and because she feels overshadowed and has a sexual jealousy towards her identical male twin Jaime.... then I assumed it was a typo

:lol:

Just re-posting two of my own questions (I know, I know) because they got a little bit buried in the thread;

1. Is Reznak mo Reznak a captive of the Ruling Council of Meereen as Hizdahr is? There doesn't seem to be any mention of him after he sends the cupbearer with the news the dragons have escaped

2. Are there any theories floating around as to who gave away Arriane's plot to crown Myrcella? It intrigues me and I cant think of any time have been specifically told who informed.

I have my own little crackpot that it was Arys Oakheart because he was ashamed, and then he let Areo kill him rather than admit what he had done to the woman he "loved". But that's just speculation and cracked pots. Anyone link any good theories to this?

Just re-posting two of my own questions (I know, I know) because they got a little bit buried in the thread

1. Are there any theories floating around as to who gave away Arriane's plot to crown Myrcella? It intrigues me and I cant think of any time have been specifically told who informed.

I have my own little crackpot that it was Arys Oakheart because he was ashamed, and then he let Areo kill him rather than admit what he had done to the woman he "loved". But that's just speculation and cracked pots. Anyone link any good theories to this?

I suspect Darkstar, the fake Myrcella, or Spotted Sylva. Sylva being married off to a lord who is very old seems like a reward rather than a punishment if you think about it.

I suspect Darkstar, the fake Myrcella, or Spotted Sylva. Sylva being married off to a lord who is very old seems like a reward rather than a punishment if you think about it.

Hmm,Just imagine Walder Frey as husband,or Lysa's account on Jon Arryn and his breath etc.

Sylva could have married someone her age.

Just re-posting two of my own questions (I know, I know) because they got a little bit buried in the thread;

1. Is Reznak mo Reznak a captive of the Ruling Council of Meereen as Hizdahr is? There doesn't seem to be any mention of him after he sends the cupbearer with the news the dragons have escaped

Are there any theories floating around as to who gave away Arriane's plot to crown Myrcella? It intrigues me and I cant think of any time have been specifically told who informed.

1. I think not. In his last chapter, Barristan thinks to himself:

He was very tired, and full of doubts. The Dornishmen, Hizdahr, Reznak, the attack … was he doing the right things?

This thought suggests to me that Reznak might be taken into custody.

2. It could have been Arys, who was, just as you said, too ashamed for what he had done, and choose honour and death over living in shame for the rest of his life. It could also have been Darkstar, who could have been working with Doran and Oberyn for a while. Spotted Sylva has been mentioned on the forums as well, since she has been taken hostage by Aegon's forces, and Arianne is bound to meet her again. The others have been send away for several years, so Arianne isn't going to see them anytime soon.

I don't have any links for you though.

I would rule out fake Myrcella, since I doubt they would have told her about the details of their plan, and Areoh seemed to know too well where to ambush them.

Are there any theories floating around as to who gave away Arriane's plot to crown Myrcella? It intrigues me and I cant think of any time have been specifically told who informed.

Theories, but no facts.

I would rule out fake Myrcella, since I doubt they would have told her about the details of their plan, and Areoh seemed to know too well where to ambush them.

All the Prince had to know was that some deceit was going on. Areo would have found out the rest.

where does it say about the dream of Daemon II Blackfyre hatching eggs at whitewalls? Shoot a quote pls. ;)

In The Mystery Knight:

"A dragon would. The prince insists the egg will hatch. He dreamed it, just as he once dreamed his brother's dead."
"Now you mock me. A true knight would never mock his king." The Fiddler sounded hurt. "I hope you will put more faith in what I tell you when you see the dragon hatch."
"A dragon will hatch? A living dragon? What, here?"
"I dreamed it. This pale white castle, you, a dragon bursting from an egg, I dreamed it all, just as I once dreamed of my brothers lying dead."

Wheres the bit where CotF supplied NW with dragonglass? quote anyone?

Also I'm trying to establish if CotF had obsidian blades or just raw obsidian. Do we know?

Sam FfC:

If they gave the watch daggers that seems to suggest they made them.

“I found mention of dragonglass. The children of the forest used to give the Night’s Watch a

hundred obsidian daggers every year, during the Age of Heroes. The Others come when it is

cold, most of the tales agree. Or else it gets cold when they come. Sometimes they appear during

snowstorms and melt away when the skies clear. They hide from the light of the sun and emerge

by night... or else night falls when they emerge. Some stories speak of them riding the corpses of

dead animals. Bears, direwolves, mammoths, horses, it makes no matter, so long as the beast is

dead. The one that killed Small Paul was riding a dead horse, so that part’s plainly true. Some

accounts speak of giant ice spiders too. I don’t know what those are. Men who fall in battle

against the Others must be burned, or else the dead will rise again as their thralls.”

There is also the bit where Luwin tells Bran and Osha about the arrowheads.

“Take a lesson, Bran. The man who trusts in spells is dueling with a glass sword. As the children did. Here, let me show you something.” He stood abruptly, crossed the room, and returned with a green jar in

his good hand. “Have a look at these,” he said as he pulled the stopper and shook out a handful

of shiny black arrowheads.

Bran picked one up. “It’s made of glass.” Curious, Rickon drifted closer to peer over the table.

“Dragonglass,” Osha named it as she sat down beside Luwin, bandagings in hand.

“Obsidian,” Maester Luwin insisted, holding out his wounded arm. “Forged in the fires of the

gods, far below the earth. The children of the forest hunted with that, thousands of years ago.

The children worked no metal. In place of mail, they wore long shirts of woven leaves and bound

their legs in bark, so they seemed to melt into the wood. In place of swords, they carried blades

of obsidian.”

“And still do.” Osha placed soft pads over the bites on the maester’s forearm and bound them

tight with long strips of linen.

Bran held the arrowhead up close. The black glass was slick and shiny. He thought it beautiful.

What are the names given to bastards born on the Iron Islands, in the Westerlands and the Crownlands? I remember the rest but these allude me.

Pyke, Hill and Waters .

What is the usual age for a noble child to be sent off as a ward?

7-8 or even 9, it depends on his lordly parents.

Did King Bob plan to name Joffrey (calling him prince makes me puke!) prince of Dragonstone when he comes of age?

No, that is a targ costume and lord of dragonstone is staniss

Is Dorne inpendent. Or are they sworn to the IT en they just were allowed to keep calling themselves princes and princesses?

Sworn, in the pact that Daeron II made, dorne kept their rhoynish traditions and laws.

If Ramsay knows about Bran/Rickon, why wasn't word passed to the capital? Do the Lannisters know about Bran and Rickon being alive?

Ramsay wants the world to presume Bran and Rickon were killed by Theon. Otherwise his claim to Winterfell collapses.

Random question but would the bedding ceremony ever happen at a royal wedding? Like when Rhaegar married Elia, would they be considered "off limits" and/or "above that" or would it be considered like any other wedding in the Seven Kingdoms?

I'm guessing it was the former but I'm not sure.

Archived