Small Questions v 10017

Stubby

Aemon when dying ask if in death he would see his brothers again or listen to his sisters sing the their children. Proof that they did wed and have children. Wonder who their decendents are.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/86837-maekars-daugters-eggs-sisters/

Who is the commander of the Manderly men while they are actually in the field? We know Wyman Manderly isnt with them and he isnt really built for goin to.oversee figgts. We already know that

Ser Hosteen commands the Frey's and the Manderly's took another route

So who is in charge of the manderly's in WymN's absence

I've always wondered why Gared didn't just run back to the wall instead of deserting. Didn't seem very Gared-like to me (probably why they changed to Will in the series).

If he went back to Caste Black, he could have told them about Ser Waymar and the Others.

He also could have told Ned before he took his head off.

I've always wondered why Gared didn't just run back to the wall instead of deserting. Didn't seem very Gared-like to me (probably why they changed to Will in the series).

If he went back to Caste Black, he could have told them about Ser Waymar and the Others.

I believe he was a little bit mad at that point.

Also, when Tyrion sent those guys to rescue Jaime from Riverrun, was a legitimate rescue act or was he just trying to get rid of the red cloaks?

Dude just had the bejeezus scared out of him. Can you imagine if you actually saw what he saw?

Dude just had the bejeezus scared out of him. Can you imagine if you actually saw what he saw?

I could imagine leaving a long yellow trail in the snow had it been me that saw six crystal creatures killing someone like swatting a fly. :)

Maybe he was too afraid and thought that if he had stayed in the Night's Watch, he could have been sent against the Others to fight back

Is there a non-crackpot theory out there regarding melisandres comments about glamors? I don't have the quote directly but it's something about a lock of hair or 'a bag of finger bones' which obviously relates to Davos.

I'm just wondering if there's anymore info on what this could mean for Davos in the future or indeed in the present.

This may be a really noddy question and asked numerous times before, so I apologise in advance...

I am on my second read through of the books and have just finished ASoS - it is revealed that Lysa killed Jon in a plot with LF. I know what was in it for Lysa, but I don't know what LF's reason was for offing Jon Arryn?

Was it simply a gamble that Robert would ask Ned to be hand and bring Cat with him?

You'd think it would have been Cressen, as he's really old and maesters are sworn to castles, not Lords. But we know Cressen was maester of Storms End when Stannis and Renly were kids, so it seems likely that something happened to the maester of Dragonstone at some point during the rebellion. That or he delivered Dany and eventually followed her, Viserys, and Darry into exile.

I've just read the prologue to A Feast for Crows, and in it Pate complains that the Maester he serves always calls him Cressen. Is there any back story for this?

This may be a really noddy question and asked numerous times before, so I apologise in advance...

I am on my second read through of the books and have just finished ASoS - it is revealed that Lysa killed Jon in a plot with LF. I know what was in it for Lysa, but I don't know what LF's reason was for offing Jon Arryn?

Was it simply a gamble that Robert would ask Ned to be hand and bring Cat with him?

Yes. LF wanted to start a war b/n Lannisters & Starks during which he'd be able to advance his position. There's more to read about in various threads.

Yes. LF wanted to start a war b/n Lannisters & Starks during which he'd be able to advance his position. There's more to read about in various threads.

Even if Robert hadn't asked Ned, or even if Ned hadn't accepted, Ned would still have tried to investigate Jons murder, and a war was bound to happen, since LF would have managed to spin everything his way probably. Especially where an inexperienced player like Ned was involved.

The point is that LF wanted a war between Starks and Lannisters, and he would do everything he needed to do to get it. Perhaps he even planted the idea of Ned being Hand in Roberts head?

Archived