Small Questions v 10017

Stubby

Ok, so I don't know if this has been discussed yet, but what are the covers supposed to be of? These http://www.bangzo.com/ebayimages/georgerrmartinh7boxed.jpg

I don't know what the first one is, the second is a crown, but whose? Nobody's crown is described like the picture. The third is just an ordinary helm I assume, but is the shield on part two Robb's? Sort of looks like there is a wolf on it. I'm only starting AFFC now, so idk the rest, but are they all items from the story, or just random fantasy art?

aGoT - It seems to me that this is the upper end of a sword, and it looks like a dragonshead indeed. I don't know if it's relevant, but where I bought my copy, the cover had a normal upper part of a sword on the cover. The dragon thing could point to Dany and her dragons. If it's truly a sword, it could mean the beginning of war. Something about an unsheated swords meaning fighting and war.

aCoK - The crown obviously refers to the War of the Five Kings, which is at it's highpoint in this book.

aSoS p1 - A helmet is used by soldiers, and the war is still going in aSoS. Though I always found it strange they didn't use a sword on this cover. Perhaps that is another hint that it is indeed a sword on the aGoT cover, they wouldn't want to use a sword twice.

aSoS p2 - A shield is the second thing used by soldiers. Perhaps these two covers are trying to show us armies?

aFfC - A calice to drink from, indicating that it is indeed a feast.

aDwD p1 - The only cover I ever knew of, since my book isn't split in two. It seems to be a sort of medallion, with a dragon on it, refering to the title itself.

aDwD p2 - The cover originally used on aGoT cover, only in a different colour. It seems strange that they would use a sword twice, but this is unmistakenly a sword. So perhaps the aGoT cover is supposed to be a cane, which you use to walk?

Guys i think i may need your help again but with The Sworn Sword. Why is it 80 bucks for a used copy and over 200 for a new one?

Anyone know why or where i can find it for a cheaper price?

There was a limited print and is/was out of print. The Hedge Knight (the graphic novel version) was put back into print lately. I believe that The Sworn Sword (the graphic novel version) is already or will be back in print.

Does Aegon V (Egg) ever talk about how he was named, who named him, or who he was named after? (I don't have copies of the Dunk and Egg stories on hand.)

Thanks.

No, not that I know of. But his brother Aemon once mentions to Jon that his grandfather (Daeron II) named him for the Dragonknight. So I suppose Daeron II gave Egg his name as well.

Does Aegon V (Egg) ever talk about how he was named, who named him, or who he was named after? (I don't have copies of the Dunk and Egg stories on hand.)

Thanks.

Aegon appears to be quite a common name amongst the Targaryens, like Brandon is amongst the Starks. He probably got the moniker Egg because he shaved his head to help conceal his identity.

Aegon appears to be quite a common name amongst the Targaryens, like Brandon is amongst the Starks. He probably got the moniker Egg because he shaved his head to help conceal his identity.

My question was about his full name of Aegon, which I did not make clear.

There was an Aegon Targaryen who was Lord of Dragonstone, before the Conquest. The Next Aegon was Aegon the Conqueror.

After him ofcourse came Aegon II, Aegon III Dragonsbane, and Aegon the Unworthy. I doubt they wanted to honour any of these last three Aegon's by naming our Egg Aegon, since Aegon II was (partially) responsible for tearing the realm apart in the Dance, and Aegon III had the reputation of the death of the last dragon. Aegon the Unworthy, however, was the father of Daeron II. My guess here is that Egg was named for Aegon the Conqueror, but there's also the possibility that Daeron wanted to honour his fathers memory after the Blackfyre Rebellion was done (Blackfyre Rebellion ended in 197 AL, and Egg was born in 199 AL)

Other than the R+L=J v.xxxxx threads, does anyone know where I can find mentionbof Lyanna and her promises (plural)? I only exclude the R+L threads because I would be such a latecomer Nd would repeat things already said. Unless someone can also tell.me howbto access the previous versions of the thread??

I did understand your question. Whether Aegon was named by his grandad, father or mother is pure speculation. All I'm saying is that Aegon appears to be quite a common name amongst the Targaryens. I included a possibility regarding his moniker, Egg, to cover all bases. :) To answer your initial question: No, Aegon never spoke about who named him.

Other than the R+L=J v.xxxxx threads, does anyone know where I can find mentionbof Lyanna and her promises (plural)? I only exclude the R+L threads because I would be such a latecomer Nd would repeat things already said. Unless someone can also tell.me howbto access the previous versions of the thread??

I suggest you post your question in the R+L pinned topic. After 64 iterations I'm sure that just about everything relating to R+L has been discussed repeatedly. Searching for and going through all previous iterations of the R+L=J threads will be, imo, unproductive. Lyanna's promise, at this stage, is still a matter of speculation.

I suggest you post your question in the R+L pinned topic. After 64 iterations I'm sure that just about everything relating to R+L has been discussed repeatedly. Searching for and going through all previous iterations of the R+L=J threads will be, imo, unproductive. Lyanna's promise, at this stage, is still a matter of speculation.

thank you, i'll try that tomorrow when i have had time to makebsome evidence based ideas. I meant to say Neds promises I think but its one and the same really

thank you, i'll try that tomorrow when i have had time to makebsome evidence based ideas. I meant to say Neds promises I think but its one and the same really

Poor phrasing on my part. It is early parts of the morning where I am and I'm suffering from a bit of insomnia. :dunce: Neds promise to Lyanna is speculation at this point, although most would agree it has something to do with Jon.

I agree with TTB that you should post your question in the RLJ thread. You'll probably get a more in depth response there and repeating things is generally not an issue :)

If you're inspired to check out previous threads, click the link in my sig. The reference guide appears at the beginning of every RLJ, but I find it handy to carry it around with me ;)

I have those exactly same books, except DwD as a one book.

AGoTs picture... I've always thought it's a dragon. Reference to final chapter.

ACoKs crown isn't any known crown. I guess it just symbolizes the fact that there are many kings out there.

ASoS - helm and shield. General stuff of war.

AFfC and chalice. I don't have an idea. Maybe it's reference to "feast" - there is drinking in every feast.

ADwD. Another shield, plus sword. Equipment of war once again, I don't think they have any significance.

ADwD has a Gold Dragon on its cover. The highest value coin in Westeros.

It has probably been answered before but I couldn't find anything, so...

In Arya's ACOK chapter where they camp in a holdfast at the Gods' Eye lake they notice the tunnel going out of the keep and push a wagon over it so no one ambushes them. Yet when it's time for Arya and Co to escape, they only have to run through the burning bran and jump into the trapdoor.

Did someone push the wagon offscreen? Because that seems like a hard task. Have I missed a crucial paragraph? Please answer, this has been driving me crazy since the ebginning of my reread

Is there a wildling healer or maybe-bloodmagic person near castle black that we know of? I was sure there was one but can not remember.

There is a rumour Dalla and Val maybe weirwood priests, that is equivalents to Mel but for the old gods.

Archived