NFL Week 8: End of the Weeden Dynasty

sperry

I'm still angry the Bengals used their high first round pick on a TE when they already had a two time pro bowler they drafted in the 1st round 4 years ago.

Why? This offense is infinitely better with two TEs and Eifert was the best offensive weapon in the draft. We use two TE sets 46% of the time. Not sure why they should have passed on him because they already had a TE.

If they don't already, the rest of the league should know who Marvin Jones is after this game.

Finally have a #2 WR. I've been calling his name since we drafted him. He was awesome in the senior bowl but didn't have the stats at Cal cause of the erratic nature of the QB. Favorite of a lot of people. Many were surprised he lasted until the 5th round.

In other news, injuries are piling up. Whitworth, Maualuga and now Mays. We need to stay healthy the rest of the game or this win, like last week, will come at immense cost.

Finally have a #2 WR. I've been calling his name since we drafted him. He was awesome in the senior bowl but didn't have the stats at Cal cause of the erratic nature of the QB. Favorite of a lot of people. Many were surprised he lasted until the 5th round.

I always thought it would be Jones. I've argued with friends and coworkers who say Sanu is much better than Jones. Sanu has great hands, but Jones is the whole package , especially speed.

I always thought it would be Jones. I've argued with friends and coworkers who say Sanu is much better than Jones. Sanu has great hands, but Jones is the whole package , especially speed.

Sanu's best ability is in between the numbers and using his big body and strong hands to make tough catches. The problem is, we also have two TEs to do that as well. Sanu isn't quick enough to get separation on the outside and that's what we need. That's why Jones makes more sense on the outside with Green instead of Sanu.

ETA: This is pretty bad though. Despite all of this, 4th injury to the team. Add in the injuries from last week and we're at a severe disadvantage going into Miami on Thursday night. One more reason to fucking hate TNF.

There's always at least one game a year where the Jets get completely blown out and look just laughably bad*. I thought maybe that'd already gotten it out of their system after the 38-13 loss to the Titans; but I guess today's another one.

*Seriously, there's ALWAYS at least one. Example: In 2010, the second straight AFC Championship game season, they were 9-2 and visiting the 9-2 Patriots; they get demolished 45-3. The same Pats team that they would go on to beat in the divisional round of the playoffs, so they had the talent. I don't get it. Its like sometimes they just fall apart in ways that other teams in the midst of middle-of-the-road and/or actually really good seasons don't.

Archived