Best to Worst Mothers in ASOIAF

Arthur Lannister

Cersei's love for her kids is kinda overblown. People talk like it's her raisin d'être, but in the books it falls second to at least her love of power. When Joff defies her, she puts her power first because he shouldn't defy her and she wishes he were less stubborn. When Tommen defies her she puts her power first and wishes Tomen were more like Joff.

She was his step mother. She was the adult female responsible for him. I believe that makes a mother.

She was in no way responsible for him. Ned himself has seen to that.

Here we go again. As Talal said, she was in no way responsible for him...

Best mothers: Cat, Ellaria Sand and Maege Mormont

Worst: Lysa

I have mixed feelings towards Joanna.

I also have mixed feelings about her. Not quite sure...

And, Dear Lord, Talal. it is 33-25...

If a person marries another person who has a child from another relationship, this person is a stepmother or a stepfather to that child, that's the very definition of this term. No matter if this person chooses not to be responsible for this child and abuses him. Catelyn has always been a bitch to her stepson.

If a person marries another person who has a child from another relationship, this person is a stepmother or a stepfather to that child, that's the very definition of this term. No matter if this person chooses not to be responsible for this child and abuses him. Catelyn has always been a bitch to her stepson.

No, this is wrong order of things. Ned married with Cat and then brought a bastard. He claimed that bastard was conceived during their marriage... I wonder which of us great moral giants would behave just like Cat?

No, this is wrong order of things. Ned married with Cat and then brought a bastard. He claimed that bastard was conceived during their marriage... I wonder which of us great moral giants would behave just like Cat?

Yes, you are right, since Cat actually never agreed to raise Jon, you can't thrust mothership on someone. Yet, she should have directed her anger towards Ned, not to an innocent child.

Archived