Brooklyn Nine Nine [SPOILERS]

Sci-2

Not to mention Terry Crews falling to a "new low" of appearing on a multi-award-winning, hugely successful TV show that has gained him many new fans.

Season 2 hasn't started here yet (we're on a weird 3-week delay for some reason). My biggest complaint about the show is the odd retcons they sometimes drop into it. Gina and Peralta being childhood friends came out of nowhere and there were early-season episodes when it would have made sense for that to have come up. Also, Charles being said to have constantly asked Diaz out when a couple of episodes earlier he was almost too scared to even talk to her was really weird.

I understand that shows change things up as the writing and actor dynamics become clearer, but this one does it more clumsily than most, even for a sitcom. Still great fun though.

Not to mention Terry Crews falling to a "new low" of appearing on a multi-award-winning, hugely successful TV show that has gained him many new fans.

Season 2 hasn't started here yet (we're on a weird 3-week delay for some reason). My biggest complaint about the show is the odd retcons they sometimes drop into it. Gina and Peralta being childhood friends came out of nowhere and there were early-season episodes when it would have made sense for that to have come up. Also, Charles being said to have constantly asked Diaz out when a couple of episodes earlier he was almost too scared to even talk to her was really weird.

I understand that shows change things up as the writing and actor dynamics become clearer, but this one does it more clumsily than most, even for a sitcom. Still great fun though.

Creaky writing is something of a pattern for Schur and Goor - at least as far as a pattern can be established across two shows. The strength of Parks & Rec was always in the performances rather than the jokes and for the most part Brooklyn Nine-Nine is the same. Neither comes close to the sharpness of your 30 Rocks or your Communities or your Veeps but when you have folks like Poehler, Pratt, Offerman, Lowe, Lo Truglio, Peretti, Crews and Braugher on your shows you can't help but end up with something that's very entertaining.

What? It was a compliment given me & Pony are both Gina fans.

That's like telling a fan of Geder Palliako, that's s/he's so Geder. Not a compliment. Unless Jace is a horrible person like Gina unrepentantly is. In that case, cool.

Yeah, Ghost, you should let some music into your soulll...

Gina shat into my soul, and there's no room for music.

• 3 weeks later...

He's right, everyone likes to be the little spoon!

I enjoyed the episode, but I was really frustrated by the defense attorney. I know, she's just doing her job and everyone has the right to be well-defended in court, but blah. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I'm not even a cop! Also I was really distracted by the fact that it was Eva Longoria and thinking about their age difference. So after the episode I looked it up and was shocked to realize she is 39 and he is 36! I thought it was more like 49 and 26, yikes, my bad.

I am still really pissed that they moved this show to Sunday nights. It is a great show, but with everything else in the lineup, it doesn't even make my DVR. What, am I going to bump Walking Dead for this?

How bad is your cable retailer that they give you a DVR that can't record two programs that are not on at the same time?

That's like telling a fan of Geder Palliako, that's s/he's so Geder. Not a compliment. Unless Jace is a horrible person like Gina unrepentantly is. In that case, cool.

Well, people don't go around talking about how great a person I am...

Meanwhile, I thought this week's episode was kinda 'meh'. It was ok, and still easily the best thing on TV right now, but nothing really jumped out at me. Although the captain turning around in his chair was such a 'powerful move'.

How bad is your cable retailer that they give you a DVR that can't record two programs that are not on at the same time?

I bet Boyd makes his own DVR out of all Atari gaming console and open source software, and tries different configurations where such a thing as can't record two programs that are not even on at the same time is a possibility.

That doesn't explain Howdyphillip though.

I bet Boyd makes his own DVR out of all Atari gaming console and open source software, and tries different configurations where such a thing as can't record two programs that are not even on at the same time is a possibility.

That doesn't explain Howdyphillip though.

Actually, depending on the football game, the time that this show airs fluctuates. I can't even set the DVR to record it at a specific time and catch it. It very well could hit the 8p CST hour.

There is Sunday night football that I will watch every week, and there is Walking Dead. I record The Affair and Homeland during their rebroadcast hour. I also watch Once Upon a Time that directly conflicts with this time slot, so there is never a Sunday night hour that is open for this show. It is a horrible decision to put it on Sunday night.

The captain may be the funniest person on TV.

The hula-hoop pics

His year-long plan for revenge on Peralta

His awesome dance moves

Keeping a completely straight face and trying to be commanding....while holding two adorable puppies

His charming of a female judge "Captain Raymond Holt, Whassuuuup"

Crying over Moneyball

Yeah, he's the grand champion alright :lol:

Archived