Brooklyn Nine Nine [SPOILERS]

Sci-2

Hilarious episode. So many great lines:

"I'm fancy! One time I had coffee-flavoured ice cream."

"Blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill you."

Gina's "Ashanti" (for "Enchante").

"I bet [Holt's house] is really fancy. Like, Beauty and the Beast fancy."

"I'd like your finest bottle of wine, please (...) I'd like your eight-dollarest bottle of wine, please."

Kevin's husband gave good snark, even though Holt is apparently the funny one in the relationship. "So, may I pour you some of this wine drink you've brought us....perhaps all of it?"

"No, no, I said millimeter." *uproarious laughter, Jake makes a WTF face*

Jake describing the old photo of Holt and Kevin as "black Tom Selleck and white Sidney Poitier."

I loved Terry's "adult parties" briefing and "party huddle" crash course on gracefully navigating the party, since it seems the rest of them were raised by wolves.

Boyle and (the still looking good) Marilu Henner were the best part for me. A foodie and a food critic hookup! Priceless!

I can't believe they had a whole conversation about ortolan and Boyle dropped an umami reference later! They are speaking my language.

Since Marilu Henner is 61, it also plays into Boyle's established thing for older women (Diaz excepted).

I'm not an avid watcher of this show. I catch it from time to time. But I have to say that this was the funniest I've seen from this show. Laugh out loud from beginning to end. I just might watch all the episodes and start viewing week to week.

In defense of B99, they actually came right out and said what's wrong with Gina. She's a HUGE narcissist! The scene with the awe-struck psychiatrists listening to her was hilarious. Oh, she also seems to be a kleptomaniac. :p

In defense of B99, they actually came right out and said what's wrong with Gina. She's a HUGE narcissist! The scene with the awe-struck psychiatrists listening to her was hilarious. Oh, she also seems to be a kleptomaniac. :P

Yes, that side of Gina is hilarious. A lot of really good individual moments in that episode, and more in concept than even in any particular line - just the notion of Terry herding the crew about or Gina captivating a roomful of psychiatrists or Santiago losing all perspective because she gets to be in Holt's house is fantastic.

In defense of B99, they actually came right out and said what's wrong with Gina. She's a HUGE narcissist! The scene with the awe-struck psychiatrists listening to her was hilarious. Oh, she also seems to be a kleptomaniac. :P

I'm admittedly a Gina fan. Part of that is Chelsea Peretti is cool and I think her voice is sexy.

Also, I think she's the asshole co-worker and it's good for an office ensemble to have one.

Someone on the AV Club website pointed out that the humour in this episode was mostly character-based; the characters drove the plot, and not the other way around. I also loved how all the previously established character points and continuity tied into the episode:

-Jake's anti-intellectualism and need to charm others

-Gina's narcissism

-Terry's enjoyment of foreign films

-Holt's history of being marginalized due to homophobic police officers

-Holt and Kevin's dog, Cheddar

-Santiago's fangirling of Holt

-Boyle's foodie knowledge

-Boyle's inclination towards older women (Rosa excepted)

-Scully's talent for opera

-Terry taking charge of the 99, his "stupid, grownup kids" as he referred to them in a previous episode

Everything was tied together in a really neat way.

Hitchcock's amusing moment was when the other party-goers thought he and Scully were an entirely different kind of partners. :p He's been more of a one-noter than Gina with his need to always take off his shirt. Though I did love one of the early episodes where they watch a video of him getting his nuts kicked in my an old hooker. AND I found a great fact about the actor today! His real name is Dirk Blocker and he is the son of the legendary Dan Blocker aka HOSS from Bonanza!

Another very good episode. I was fully expecting the Full Boyle to end the relationship or Peralta's interfernce to ruin it. So Marilu going Full Boyle for Boyle was a nice surprise. :)

I really like this show. I started with episode 2 because episode 1 wasn't available at the time, and almost didn't continue. (I've since caught the pilot, which was quite good.) With the exception of that one episode I've had a great time with it. I'm finally caught up with it.

"Wife or Dog" cracked me up. I don't know why -- it's a pretty basic gag and they rode it for a while -- but I was in stitches the whole time. Also really liked Peralta's breakfast burrito.

Holt is probably the best character on the show -- -- not sure it would work without him anchoring things, even if Peralta is ostensibly the lead.

I really like this show. I started with episode 2 because episode 1 wasn't available at the time, and almost didn't continue. (I've since caught the pilot, which was quite good.) With the exception of that one episode I've had a great time with it. I'm finally caught up with it.

Interesting, most people feel like the pilot is the weakest.

Another good episode. While I liked the gag I thought the Full Boyle marriage thing was a bit weird, and fully expect this to end in disaster (hopefully not Diaz related).

Good to see Gina being the good guy and Holt being the bad guy.

We're talking about the party episode, right? I didn't think Holt came off as the bad guy at all. Hell, in a conversation he thought no one could hear, he told Kevin that he liked his staff.

Nah there was one last night. With Holt running for the Black Gay & Lesbian Police Society against another guy.

Archived