Ease off Jamie, he's a good guy.......

Spartan64Destiny

Lady Jenna, Jamie's aunt stated in AFFC, "I have known you since you were a babe at Joanna's breast. You smile like Gerion and fight like Tyg, and there's some Kevan in you, else you would not wear that cloak....but Tyrion is Tywin's son, not you."

All in all every fan on this forum has to admit that Jamie Lannister is a more palpable character in ASOIAF and he is actually turning that corner for the better. I think he's one of those off beat characters that you love to hate and later on start to admire or tolerate GRRM style. Its just too bad he had to lose his sword-hand in order to realize the honorable and good person he was meant to be.

Don't know if I would use the word "good guy" about Jaime. Wouldn't use that word about many in the asoif series, really. Jaime crippled Bran who not only will never climb again as he once loved, will never walk or father children, so even when/if he ever assumes his place as rightful lord of Winterfell he will not produce any heirs of his own. In "return", GRRM has Jaime's sword-hand cut off, leading Jaime to experience the same despair Bran felt when he realized he would be cripple. Yet they both build new identities from the ashes of the identities and futures they have lost, Bran as a greenseer, Jaime as Kingsguard finally taking his duty seriously. If some guy IRL was convicted of nearly succeeding in killing a child, had his hand cut off in prison, then got out some years later, I would not consider him redeemed either. But I would also not consider him the same person if prison had made him understand his wrong, and lead him to seek to become a better person. And that person, is someone I can understand readers relating positively to.

Archived