Aegon: Real or Fake?

Lord Puff Fish

I'm a supporter of the (f)Aegon) theories but you won't see any tears in my eyes if he proves to be real. But if and when we find out if he's real or not, it would be very exciting to come back to these pages and see which one of us had it right.

That's Jon, mate! Jon is Lyanna and Rhaegar's son, not Aegon. There are plenty of signs for that one but this is not the subject of the thread so I'm not going to mention it.

JQC is right. There's a theory that Jon is Aegon. And another theory according to which Jon is Aegon's twin. And the third according to which Daenerys is Aegon and/or Jon but that was always too much for me to comprehend...

See:

Oh my sweet summer child. There is the theory that Jon is Aegon.

:D

JQC is right. There's a theory that Jon is Aegon. And another theory according to which Jon is Aegon's twin. And the third according to which Daenerys is Aegon and/or Jon but that was always too much for me to comprehend...

See:

:D

OK, that one's new to me. I know about the one where Hodor is Aegon and his name comes from his mother saying "Hold the Door" but he couldn't say it (<--- loony bin territory). Care to elaborate on the Jon is Aegon/Aegon's twin? I think is quite relevant to this Aegon real of fake discussion. Because if Jon is Aegon, it means that Young Griff is not. Because no matter how good the Targ bloodline is, Aegon can't be both at the Wall AND with the Golden Company in the same time.

But you completely lost me at "Daenerys is Aegon and/or Jon". What?????

OK, that one's new to me. I know about the one where Hodor is Aegon and his name comes from his mother saying "Hold the Door" but he couldn't say it (<--- loony bin territory). Care to elaborate on the Jon is Aegon/Aegon's twin? I think is quite relevant to this Aegon real of fake discussion.

But you completely lost me at "Daenerys is Aegon and/or Jon". What?????

Well, I'm not an expert on any of these, but there was this theory that Jon is just Ned's bastard and Lyanna's baby was shipped off to Essos to keep him safe, thus Aegon=Jon. I don't think the theory includes an explanation on why Aegon is selled as Elia's son Aegon, rather than Lyanna's son whoever. Version B for Aegon=Jon, the baby switch took place at TOJ, rather than the Red Keep and Aegon is Ned and Ashara's/Highborn woman's bastard, while Jon is Rhaegar and Lyanna's son and again, I haven't encountered an explanation to why this would do any good to any party.

The twin thing is quite lunatic, in my opinion, because Jon and Aegon don't even look alike, I've seen this proposed in some thread too, like a two Lottis story, twins are born but raised separately, because Catelyn would obviously not eat Ned having twin bastards. I'm not sure where this comes from, I don't think there's any evidence to support it at all.

And the Daenerys thing. There's this suggestion that Daenerys was born at ToJ (I think based on the assumption that Rhaegar had to have a little Visenya, for the third dragon and not a boy) and Aegon is Aerys/Rhaella's son, I'm not sure about this part. But it's highly rocky because there's Viserys in the picture too.

But in all honestly, no matter how idiotic and crazy these are, I don't think the Illyrio's son theory has any more ground... o.O

If anyone can add anything to these, if you've seen these theories too, please add what you know, because this is only my vague recollection of something I've read in some threads sometime. :lol:

Or Elia told her to hide, which is more likely and Elia stayed with her son.

That doesn't make Elia very smart.

1. Worst hiding place ever.

2. Telling Rhaenys to hide while she stays put in the nursery doesn't change the fact that - whether (f)Aegon is fake or not - Elia still chose not to be with Rhaenys in their final moments.

Do you seriously believe that a mother would had abandon her child or even worse would have condemned the child to die?

You think Elia told Rhaenys to go hide while she stayed with the baby and didn't bother to hide at all?

Rhaenys has nothing to do with any of this.

Aegon is real but his name isn't Aegon. (F)Aegon is real but his name isn't Aegon. The "Aegon" who was killed at KL wasn't Aegon.

If Jon is Aegon ( :lol: ) , as you keep alluding to - where did Jon get his warging abilities from? First men only.

If Jon is Aegon ( :lol: ) , as you keep alluding to - where did Jon get his warging abilities from? First men only.

You like to stalk me, don't you? The Martells have First Men, Andal and Rhoynish blood. Nymeria and Mors saw to that.

You like to stalk me, don't you? The Martells have First Men, Andal and Rhoynish blood. Nymeria and Mors saw to that.

I think it's a fair question. We've never heard of a single Dornish warg. Mors Martell was most likely an Andal conqueror as Nymeria chose him because he was the most powerful king in Dorne, which at the time was a collection of petty Andal kingdoms. And while the Andal invaders surely intermarried with FM, their descendants are the stony Dornish from the mountain areas: "biggest and fairest, sons of the Andals and the First Men, brownhaired or blond, with faces that freckled or burned in the sun instead of browning." That is definitely not the Martells, who fit the description of salty or sandy (dark hair and dark skin) best.

I think it's a fair question. We've never heard of a single Dornish warg. Mors Martell was most likely an Andal conqueror as Nymeria chose him because he was the most powerful king in Dorne, which at the time was a collection of petty Andal kingdoms. And while the Andal invaders surely intermarried with FM, their descendants are the stony Dornish from the mountain areas: "biggest and fairest, sons of the Andals and the First Men, brownhaired or blond, with faces that freckled or burned in the sun instead of browning." That is definitely not the Martells, who fit the description of salty or sandy (dark hair and dark skin) best.

If, supposedly, the one qualification for a warg is First Men Blood, the Martells have it, starting with Mors and Nymeria following to Daeron II marrying Myriah Martell if you need a later predecessor for the Martell line. Simple really... there have been no direwolves south of the wall in centuries, so why should we have heard of Dornish wargs at all? Also, not all skinchangers are First Men (Bloodraven eg) unless the claim is that skinchangers cannot skinchange with direwolves, OR the claim is that maybe Bloodraven had some First Men blood, which makes the entire argument moot.

If you're using skin color as a qualifier, good luck.

If, supposedly, the one qualification for a warg is First Men Blood, the Martells have it, starting with Mors and Nymeria following to Daeron II marrying Myriah Martell if you need a later predecessor for the Martell line. Simple really... there have been no direwolves south of the wall in centuries, so why should we have heard of Dornish wargs at all? Also, not all skinchangers are First Men (Bloodraven eg) unless the claim is that skinchangers cannot skinchange with direwolves, OR the claim is that maybe Bloodraven had some First Men blood, which makes the entire argument moot.

Bloodraven's mother is Melissa Blackwood. The Blackwoods are one of the few houses south of the Neck that still keep the old gods and thus are descended from the First Men. Hence, Bloodraven has both the blood Old Valyria and the First Men in his veins.

The only person in that wall of words who has been confirmed to have FM blood is Brynden Rivers, whose mother was from House Blackwood, the well known FM house of the Riverlands.

Daeron II, Mors, Nymeria and Myriah-- nope.

The bit about coloring is a quote from the text. Which is where I get my information.

Bloodraven's mother is Melissa Blackwood. The Blackwoods are one of the few houses south of the Neck that still keep the old gods and thus are descended from the First Men. Hence, Bloodraven has both the blood Old Valyria and the First Men in his veins.

Well there we are then. Exactly my point.

And the Martells have First Blood, Andal and Rhoynish. The Stony Dornishmen have "the most First Men blood" in Dorne, this does not exclude all other types of Dornishmen from having it also... except for the GREENbloods who are supposedly pure Rhoyar.

The only person in that wall of words who has been confirmed to have FM blood is Brynden Rivers, whose mother was from House Blackwood, the well known FM house of the Riverlands.

Daeron II, Mors, Nymeria and Myriah-- nope.

The bit about coloring is a quote from the text. Which is where I get my information.

The bit about coloring is from the Wiki, a generalization. There is nothing from the text stating Rhaenys skin color, for example, no description other than her hair and eyes and that she looked like her mother. It would be expected that Rhaegar and Elia's children would inherit skintone from one... or the other... or something in between.

No it's from a storm of swords. And I'm not sure you being informed BR is a Blackwood was your point at all.

It was exactly my point. It's moot. BR has First Men blood and so did Elia.

And if I missed in ASoS where Rhaenys's skin color was described, I'd appreciate the reference.

Archived