Quote issues on forum with Windows 8.1

DreamSongs

thank you l hope this helps

I believe I can tell you how to fix this. It's an IE11 issue rather than a Win8.1 issue. IE 11 is known to have a lot of compatibility issues, and I've run into this problem myself.

What you need to do is:

1) Load a page on this site.

2) Click the gear symbol in the top right corner, beneath the X.

3) Select "Compatibility View Settings"

4) Click "add" if Westeros is in the text box.

The site should reload and allow you to quote now.

I've just tested this myself.

ETA: Should allow you to paste as well, but the option may not appear when you right click. If it doesn't, either make sure your cursor isn't showing the normal white pointer, or use the keyboard command, (Control V.)

YAY!!!! Thank you :cheers:

I believe I can tell you how to fix this. It's an IE11 issue rather than a Win8.1 issue. IE 11 is known to have a lot of compatibility issues, and I've run into this problem myself.

What you need to do is:

ETA: Should allow you to paste as well, but the option may not appear when you right click. If it doesn't, either make sure your cursor isn't showing the normal white pointer, or use the keyboard command, (Control V.)

Awesome, thank you!

What you need to do is:

:bowdown: I love you!

You have no idea how peeved I was about buying a pretty expensive laptop that couldn't work on this site and several others. Thank You so much!!

• 5 months later...

What you need to do is:

Hurrah! It works again! Thank you.

What you need to do is:

Thanks ab aeterno :bowdown:

• 3 months later...

What you need to do is:

Thanks, I was the same issue

• 3 weeks later...

What you need to do is:

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

Archived