A star of the sea: Quaithe= Shiera Seastar, connecting the dots.

If she is wearing a glamor then why would she bother herself with a mask? And her eyes are blue in WOIAF App.

Back on your point she could just be wearing the mask, to further prove she is from Asshai aswell, as I said earlier there could be many number of reasons we don;t know how glamour works fully, it may have been only for her eyes and not the rest of her body.

Mel's mom? Heh

I like the theory, it's very well conceived, but I kind of am counter to everyone mentioned showing up in the series, if you see what I mean. I don't need to see Ashara, I don't need to see Shiera or any of the other people mentioned in the lore of Westeros. They are not all flotsam that will reappear in the story.

Nevertheless, if it turns out to be true, I won't dislike the fact, but I don't want to see it too often.

Quaithe does seem to manage Astral Projection quite well.

I very much enjoyed this Queen Alysanne! It was a great read and you used some valid points from the text. I'm not sold on her being Shiera, only because I feel Quaithe doesn't need to be anyone.

BUT, unlike how I disagree with Ashara = Septa Lemore, I lean towards your theory because I like the idea of Bloodraven and Shiera in a sense working together for the realm.

My question though, if you accept yolkboy's B+S=M, where does Mel fit into all this? Does Bloodraven know about her? If Quaithe is Shiera, has she tried making contact with her daughter? Or was she the one to =push= Mel towards Westeros?

All in all, great thread! :)

My question though, if you accept yolkboy's B+S=M, where does Mel fit into all this? Does Bloodraven know about her? If Quaithe is Shiera, has she tried making contact with her daughter? Or was she the one to =push= Mel towards Westeros?

All in all, great thread! :)

That theory is a very good one by yolkboy on Mel being the child of Shiera, if the theory is true and this is true aswell, my guess would be Shiera doesn't know her child is still alive since she was sold through slavery hundreds of years ago.

Or maybe she does know but that is stretching it a bit.

That theory is a very good one by yolkboy on Mel being the child of Shiera, if the theory is true and this is true aswell, my guess would be Shiera doesn't know her child is still alive since she was sold through slavery hundreds of years ago.

Or maybe she does know but that is stretching it a bit.

I like yolkboy's theory about Mels and I also like this theory, so I think she lost Mels early on after her birth.

It's a possibility that she is from the west, but Shiera? I don't think so. Here's her picture; click!

And how did she end up in Asshai/Shadowlands? Why did she go there?

I think she could be using the mask to hide some slave tatoos

They wear masks in the Shadow. It's a part of their culture.

The mystery for me no matter who she is actually is with how she was introduced to us. She rode out with a warlock and Xaro? How did she become high enough in Quarth to be part of an envoy with two of thirteen leaders of the city? Any of the other eleven would make sense but Quaithe? I agree that she means to guide Dany but the mystery goes way beyond just who she is.

It's always enjoyable to have a new crackpot theory to add to the various others that inevitably are floating around. However, I think you are making your evidence fit your theory, rather than the other way round.

"Qua" amd "ithe" both being a bit like two words you have decided to choose because they are vaguely connected to the sea?

Not a believer.

And how did she end up in Asshai/Shadowlands? Why did she go there?

There are soo many reasons why she would go there. If you believe in S+B=M than she could have ended up a slave.

Or could of gone there on her own free will to continue practice magic.

"Even at an early age, she was a great reader. She spoke a dozen tongues and surrounded herself with ancient scrolls. Like her mother, she was reputed to practice the dark arts."

It's always enjoyable to have a new crackpot theory to add to the various others that inevitably are floating around. However, I think you are making your evidence fit your theory, rather than the other way round.

"Qua" amd "ithe" both being a bit like two words you have decided to choose because they are vaguely connected to the sea?

Not a believer.

Thats not the main premise of my argument, I am more focused on the use of seastar :P

ETA: Most of the names of the "Great Bastards" have something to do with what their purpose in the story is, BR was called 1000 eyes and 1, I still find it odd GRRM would just give Shiera Seastar a name that would have no purpose compared to the other great bastards but thats just me :P

I like it, as well.

One point. A dock is the body of water that a ship sits in when it is tied up to a wharf. When Otis Reading sang about sitting on the dock in the bay, he was unfortunately saying he was sitting in the water a ship would occupy. Sorry. Just a little water law...

Interesting stuff, Queen Alysanne! But, then again, I didn't need any convincing because I've always believed that if Quaithe turns out to be anyone other than Quaithe it will be Shiera Seastar ;)

I've always thought so too :D

But I just wanted to dig further to see if there is more to it :p

• 2 weeks later...

Archived