The Walking Dead: Season 4 - No Comic Spoilers!

Alia of the knife

I loved this episode and I super loved Talking Dead. Jericho was unbelievable!!! He had perfect insight into the evolution (or de-evolution?) of Carol as a character. I saw validity in both point of views, Carol's and Rick's, but in the end I agreed with the rationale that you don't kill your own (unless they have been bitten beyond help). I do not see Carol seeking out the Governor. I do see her leading a kick ass group that can help Rick's group at some point.

Tears- your Carol av rocks!!!!

I loved Jericho on TD. That completely made up for Manson.

And yah, I pretty much agreed with most everything he said. The insight with "letting go" was great too.

Television for me is a mechanism to shut my brain off and just enjoy. Breaking Bad was the last show that I actually liked to dissect and analyze. This season of TWD is renewing the love I had for it in season 1 and I love that I'm actually thinking about each episode. It's not nearly as relaxing but it's fun. And certainly a far cry from last season.

I agree, I see all sides, going back even to when Hershel was trying to "save" the zombies, and to Lizzies determination to see some spark of humanity left in the zombies.

Trying to do the "right thing" in the face of unknown variables means eventually everyone makes the wrong call- whether you think too emotionally, or whether you are too detached and unemotional.

For myself, unless I raided a Bausch and Lomb factory, getting enough contact lenses to last me a life time, I would be dead in the first week as I can't see three feet without them, so I would be spared having to make those horrific decisions.

A couple of things strike me as look back in retrospect.

One, I think it was Andreas death that brought Rick back. Prior to that, he may very well have killed Karen when he came upon the Governors group, and I think it's interesting that Tyreese decided to stay back, and Karen was part of the group that was going to attack the prison which is consistent with Tyreese's struggle with death in this world.

But for Rick, I think Andreas death is what made Rick stop and listen to Karen, and then go back and get the rest at Woodberry, taking a chance on his humanity again.

The other is that I don't think Carol was thinking logically, or pragmatically. I think the decision to kill Karen and David was entirely emotional because she is obsessed with her own vulnerability and weakness, which means she still is reacting from the emotion of fear. Everything becomes a test, and a preoccupation with survival rather than with living, which is a part of surviving.

The beauty of all these characters are the grey areas. Some will be better than they were, and some will be worse as Dale told Shane when he said he was made for this world.

We still some remnants of it in Daryl. He has come a LONG way, but in the moment he called the zombie gas attendant a "douche' for offing himself, and then walked away, he showed a little of his old contempt. It was Bob who gave the zombie peace, seeing in the photograph the man he had been.

That was the second most poignant part of the episode for me.

Anyway, looking forward to the rest of the season and I never want to see Marilyn Manson ever again.

I loved this episode and I super loved Talking Dead. Jericho was unbelievable!!! He had perfect insight into the evolution (or de-evolution?) of Carol as a character. I saw validity in both point of views, Carol's and Rick's, but in the end I agreed with the rationale that you don't kill your own (unless they have been bitten beyond help). I do not see Carol seeking out the Governor. I do see her leading a kick ass group that can help Rick's group at some point.

Tears- your Carol av rocks!!!!

Thanks! :)

That was the first time I'd seen walking dead (Mostly because Jericho was on it). Is it generally that good/insightful? (Not that I agreed with Jericho but it was at least "interesting")

And I've really liked this season a lot so far, as criticial as I was of the show at times (esp for the finale) last season I think it's been much much improved this season.

I'm trying to quote Faraday, but for some reason, it's not working.

Anyway, yes, Talking Dead can often have guests who are very insightful. (Marilyn Manson excluded.) The host too is pretty good, generally. I never miss it.

I hope Bob survives just like his last two groups and is the last one standing, Hopefully with a bottle of something strong.

I have to say, the twisted me did think it was funny that he was hanging onto that bottle like a rock star with the zombie hands waving in the back ground. :blushing: .

I also wondered for a minute if Carol was going to run Rick over. :devil:

I have to say, the twisted me did think it was funny that he was hanging onto that bottle like a rock star with the zombie hands waving in the back ground. :blushing: .

I also wondered for a minute if Carol was going to run Rick over. :devil:

I also thought it would have been hilarious if Carol had run Rick over. It could be a new rickrolled meme :)

Ok, I'm gonna be honest. I wish pretty much everyone in the show would die except Daryl and/or Rick. Daryl's just awesomesauce, and Rick's a survivor.

You want Carl to die???? Don't even talk to me. :tantrum:

I liked this episode and I think Rick made the right decision with Carol. Rick has killed people, but with the exception of Shane, who was going to kill him, they haven't been members of the group. I'm sorry, but I wouldn't want someone who will just kill members of our group in the group. Killing Karen and David accomplished nothing and there is no reason to think that it would. And frankly, if it had been one of the background characters who did it, people would be calling for his/her head. But, since it's a character that's been there for a while, people are upset. I'll grant that Rick could have consulted others first, but Carol should have to and with the amount of bleeding eyes walkers at the vet center who obviously succumbed to the illness, makes me wonder how virulent this illness is..
It looks like almost everyone who died at the vet center died from the illness, with the exception of a few walkers trapped at the back.
They had antibiotics there, wouldn't they have taken them?
I assume that the illness killed everyone at the vet center quickly and just how effective are the antibiotics going to be when they get back to the prison?

You want Carl to die???? Don't even talk to me. :tantrum:

Kid's a budding sociopath... Actually, all of the children seem to be budding sociopaths. I guess that's a side effect of seeing everyone you love turn into flesheating monsters.

Archived