Rowling to kill off Harry?

Vestrit

Highly interesting. Any thread that bashes Eddings scores extra points for having good taste.

There's a fascinating theory that hazards that Snape's character is based on Machiavelli's The Prince. Snape'll rise after the Dark Lord's fall, irreverent of Harry's survival.

The Prince

And nobody's even brought up the house elves yet. wink.gif

At least in her books, elves aren't blessed with unnatural grace and ravishing looks. And thank goodness it's goblins at gringotts instead of the hackneyed gold-loving dwarves. FGS dwarves are humans, not a separate race!

Sadly, Rowling's characters are somewhat predictable. The sidekick is the paragon of sidekick-ness. Rash, decently talented, moderate looks, not overly bright, yet ultimately loyal. You know he'll never betray Harry consciously till the end of time.

The kindly compulsary wise grandfather died? No fear. There's still a walking library who just happens to be the protagonist's best friend.

Other than some minor gripes, I must confess to liking Harry Potter. Sure, there're the usual illogical scenarios, expected cliches but a book doesn't get this popular if it sucks.

No, when HP reveals his true character at last, Draco will save the day.

That's brilliant! Imagined scenario:

Harry: I'm actually evil incarnate.

Draco: I'm actually misunderstood.

Daily Prophet Headlines: DRACO MALFOY SAVES THE DAY, WHILE HARRY POTTER IS NO-SHOW.

The ghost of Dumbledore shows up and offers Harry a lemon drop to cheer him up.

It might work, you know. That'll add an interesting twist! :P

Archived