Timett son of Timett: Lost Heir to the Vale?

Newstar

• 2 weeks later...

It makes alot of sense because it would tie up the story and conflict between the Vale and the clansmen, uniting them.

How so? He has no proof of being legit, and no lord would bow to a savage that raid and attacks their people.

I like this theory too, but I think a prerequisite for Timett as heir is a Vale in danger (threatened by dragons or divided in itself). They might be forced to choose between two dragons, and while LF may try to persuade many to Aegon's side (simply because he would know that Tyrion influences Dany),I could see some of the lords picking the chick with the dragons. There most likely would be a blood bath. If Tyrion is influencing Dany comes conquering he may appeal to the mountain clans for men. Timett's reward for his loyalty would be to inherit his birth right.

Yes this theory is one of my personal favorites.

It is just as wildly speculative as my other alternative theory: that Hoster or Minisa's mom was Jasper Arryn's sister, putting Sansa in line to lead the Vale in her own right. I am good with either one.

Two points: I think the theory is quite likely and not crackpot at all. The reason the clans take women is to sire children on them. So assuming this woman surived the experience she would have had children. There is no particular reason to assume that Timmet is a bastard. Even if the clans abduct their brides it does not mean they do no marry them.

The other point is that Timmet is obviously driven and ambitious and it sounds reasonable that this drive has been instilled to him by his mother, who could still be encouraging him.

Two points: I think the theory is quite likely and not crackpot at all. The reason the clans take women is to sire children on them. So assuming this woman surived the experience she would have had children. There is no particular reason to assume that Timmet is a bastard. Even if the clans abduct their brides it does not mean they do no marry them.

The other point is that Timmet is obviously driven and ambitious and it sounds reasonable that this drive has been instilled to him by his mother, who could still be encouraging him.

and not to mention hes patient and observant

• 1 month later...

If the Vale ever marches on any other region, the Vale will be open for the pillaging. I'm also reminded about Robb following Grey Wind through a hidden trail into the Westerlands. If anyone knows secret passes into the Vale, it will be the mountain clans. If those armies march without Sansa and Timmet shows up, she'll do the smart thing right out of the Book of Baelish: give him what he wants. I suspect Tyrion will come to the Vale with Dany/a dragon, but find the Lords already sworn to Aegon or Harry, and he'll go to the Mountain clans for help. I don't think Dany will be in control of all her dragons, giving a greater reason for political maneuvering over just burning them alive.

Why? The Vale lords won't leave their castles without garrison, once word of 3000 savages attempting to take their castles, they would return and butcher them. As to Dany, she would be the biggest fool if she names savage as lords.

• 1 month later...

Little boyman, Shagga roared, will you mock my axe after I chop off your manhood and feed it to the goats?

But Gunthor raised a hand. No. I would hear his words. The mothers go hungry, and steel fills more mouths than gold. What would you give us for your lives, Tyrion son of Tywin? Swords? Lances? Mail?

All that, and more, Gunthor son of Gurn, Tyrion Lannister replied, smiling. I will give you the Vale of Arryn.

Tyrion VI, Game

A Lannister always pays his debts.

Tyrion VI, Game

Gunthor son of Gurn was raising the other clans even now.

Tyrion VII, Game

So, Tyrion still needs to help the Mountain Clans claim the Vale of Arryn, which Timett and Gunthor seem nearly ready to do

His dream of selling Arya to Lady Arryn died there in the hills, though. Theres frost above us and snow in the high passes, the village elder said. If you dont freeze or starve, the shadowcats will get you, or the cave bears. Theres the clans as well. The Burned Men are fearless since Timett One-Eye came back from the war. And half a year ago, Gunthor son of Gurn led the Stone Crows down on a village not eight miles from here. They took every woman and every scrap of grain, and killed half the men. They have steel now, good swords and mail hauberks, and they watch the high road--the Stone Crows, the Milk Snakes, the Sons of the Mist, all of them. Might be youd take a few with you, but in the end theyd kill you and make off with your daughter.

Arya XII, Storm

They just need a strong ally and maybe a legal claim.

Eventually, Daenerys will come to Westeros. I suspect she will ally with and possibly wed Aegon before the dance begins, but that Aegon will betray her. Petyr may treat with Daenerys but when its time to dance, he will side with Aegon, and Daenerys, probably influenced by Tyrion, is likely to push him in that direction...

Thank you, but no. Littlefinger flashed his mocking smile. Drink with the dwarf, its said, and you wake up walking the Wall. Black brings out my unhealthy pallor.

Tyrion IV, Clash

The next three quotes, considered together, foreshadow Petyr taking Sansa to the Vale...

The Arryns are descended from the Kings of Mountain and Vale, one of the oldest and purest lines of Andal nobility. Their sigil is the moon-and-falcon, white upon a sky blue field.

Appendix, Game

Petyr had been a small boy, and he had grown into a small man, an inch or two shorter than Catelyn, slender and quick, with the sharp features she remembered and the same laughing grey-green eyes. He had a little pointed chin beard now, and threads of silver in his dark hair, though he was still shy of thirty. They went well with the silver mockingbird that fastened his cloak. Even as a child, he had always loved his silver.

Catelyn IV, Game

His eldest daughter stepped forward hesitantly. [sansa] was dressed in blue velvets trimmed with white, a silver chain around her neck.

Eddard III, Game

Now compare that bit with this bit...

A dream delayed, no more. Danys tight silver collar was chafing against her throat. She unfastened it and flung it aside.

Daenerys III, Clash, after being rejected by the Pureborn

So Petyr will be rejected by, or reject, Daenerys and throw in with Aegon...

Daenerys could become the Mountain Clans strong ally, and Tyrion could provide a legal claim for Timett.

• 1 month later...

Tyrion VI, Game

Tyrion VI, Game

Tyrion VII, Game

So, Tyrion still needs to help the Mountain Clans claim the Vale of Arryn, which Timett and Gunthor seem nearly ready to do

Arya XII, Storm

They just need a strong ally and maybe a legal claim.

Eventually, Daenerys will come to Westeros. I suspect she will ally with and possibly wed Aegon before the dance begins, but that Aegon will betray her. Petyr may treat with Daenerys but when its time to dance, he will side with Aegon, and Daenerys, probably influenced by Tyrion, is likely to push him in that direction...

Tyrion IV, Clash

The next three quotes, considered together, foreshadow Petyr taking Sansa to the Vale...

Appendix, Game

Catelyn IV, Game

Eddard III, Game

Now compare that bit with this bit...

Daenerys III, Clash, after being rejected by the Pureborn

So Petyr will be rejected by, or reject, Daenerys and throw in with Aegon...

Daenerys could become the Mountain Clans strong ally, and Tyrion could provide a legal claim for Timett.

And there's this to consider also...

Tyrionstirred. "She did throw me in a cell and put me on trial for my life," he pointed out, with a certain amount of rancor. "Nor has she returned to King's Landing to swear fealty to Joff, as she was commanded. My lords, grant me the men, and I will sort out Lysa Arryn." He could think of nothing he would enjoy more, except perhaps strangling Cersei. Sometimes he still dreamed of the Eyrie's sky cells, and woke drenched in cold sweat.

Tyrion III, Storm

Just replace Lysa Arryn with the Vale or with Petyr Baelish...

Archived