Yuri Kolokolnikov Cast

tf13

I guess they saw something of the character in me. I fell in love with the character completely, he's just great. Game of Thrones in the world, in America, is basically the number one show. Everyone wants to work on it, everyone wants to be in it. On the first day of filming I was nervous like I can't explain. I felt as though I was on a different planet, four hundred people running around at incredible speed on an incredible scale. So I was nervous but luckily still didn't really understand what I was getting into, but then when I realised I was like 'oh my god, Game of Thrones, wow, cool'. If you want to find out about Russia, watch Game of Thrones... no seriously though, I think there's some truth in it. Game of Thrones is a lot like Russia. It's great that HBO has Russian partners, AmediaTeka and Amedia TV Channels. I reckon there will be a lot of opportunities for the sort of thing you can see happening now, Russian actors in Game of Thrones. also Stannis is the greatest

In a longer video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfqZatrKZMA he also mentions:

- He used to live in America when he was a kid and speaks English with an American accent

- For the show he has been trying to get rid of his American accent because on the show everyone's accents are from the north of England

- This is something he has been working on and he has a 'dialect coach' as the accent is hard

- After he was contacted he had to keep quiet about it and flew to London, where he went into a room with six people in it

- There they all talked about the role and spent some time bouncing ideas off each other

- His hosts ended the meeting as they had another one afterwards, he wasn't feeling so optimistic but then they said to him 'don't call us, we'll call you'

- Details of the role and any images are being kept secret, all he can say at the moment is that the character is grave, merciless and has no ears

- Lots of moving around with a hectic schedule, different countries, different days, different weeks, different episodes, different directors

- They run a tight ship as regards information getting out into the public domain and what he can and can't say

- He sat on the Iron Throne and it isn't as big as it looks

- Winter is coming

Archived