What happens when Jaime lannister meets Dany?

manderin

Cercei's prophecy

"Queen you shall be . . . until there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear."

Mixed with this dany prophecy of dauther and death and dont seperate the end into different sentence;

A little girl ran barefoot toward a big house with a red door.1 Behind a silver horse the blood corpse of a naked man bounced and dragged.2A white lion ran through grass taller than a man.3Beneath the Mother of Mountains, a line of naked crones crept from a great lake and knelt shivering before her, their grey heads bowed.4Ten thousand slaves lifted bloodstained hands as she raced by on her silver, riding like the wind. "Mother!" they cried. "Mother, mother!" They were reaching for her, touching her, tugging at her cloak, the hem of her skirt, her food, her leg, her breast. They wanted her, needed her, the fire, the life, and Dany gasped and opened her arms to give herself to them.5

It could be interpretted;
1-Dany returns where she feel home(Essos), weakened after the war(little girl)
2-Even still she is weakened, she leaves westeros will being on the winning side. (Dothraki way, dragging the foe's body being your horse)
3-Jaime(the white Lion) is with her in her trip to Vaes Dotrak in the Dothraki Sea(or he follow her)
4-Dany takes command of the Dothraki, the old crone approve her
5-Dany finally stop Slavery in Essos. (And I assume it will take years, some forshadowing with Olive Trees predicted some 21year if i remember)

How can Westeros be her home when she lived her entire life in Essos, to her they will be some alien race.
She will win Jaime's heart or alliegence, causing Cercei's demise.

ETA: Dany's fanboy will be happy to see her alive and Queen at the end, and Stannis lover (me) will be happy to see her gtfo and let him rules Westeros in peace. :D

I don't think Dany is mad, both Viserys and Aerys showed signs of madness when they were young and also Aerion Brightflame aswell.

We haven't seen such of Dany and Barristan that has worked with targs for years hasn't noticed any signs of madness.

Thank you!!. I tired to heard all this crap about Dany being mad. You all had forgotten that she spent years hearing her crazy brother, all she knows about Robert and Ned is probably what Viserys told her. I think that when the time comes she will believe what Barristan told her about her father and "maybe" she will forgive Jaimie, because Jaimie is not inocent. Remember what he did to Bran.

Really? Jaime isn't all that intelligent, imo. And why do you assume Dany likes stupid men? Daario isn't stupid, and she didn't choose Drogo.

Jaime is smarter than he and other people give him credit for - he's always had a brain, he just hadn't really had to use it all that much until he lost his hand, and his intelligence was often undermined by his rash and impulsive nature (he was a lot like Cersei in that respect) His POV chapters show a guy who is pretty perceptive about seeing through people's BS and he has become a much better military commander, showing that he's capable of learning from his mistakes.

Daario..well, Daario certainly has a high opinion of himself, but anybody can talk a good game...

Daario..well, Daario certainly has a high opinion of himself, but anybody can talk a good game...

Daario isn't just "talk". You don't become a captain of one of the biggest sellsword companies in the world without being able to back it up. Even Barristsn (who hates Daario) admits that.

Jaime isn't dumb at all but he is still recovering from his dream of being a white knight being scuttled 17 years ago. He seems like primarily an emotional and passionate thinker so good luck to him in the shitty mess he is in at present. He's good at the quick thinking unexpected solution to immediate problems (ending the seige at Riverrun) but not so much at strategy or following through with all the boring details (securing Blackfish, for example).

Jaime isn't dumb at all but he is still recovering from his dream of being a white knight being scuttled 17 years ago. He seems like primarily an emotional and passionate thinker so good luck to him in the shitty mess he is in at present. He's good at the quick thinking unexpected solution to immediate problems (ending the seige at Riverrun) but not so much at strategy or following through with all the boring details (securing Blackfish, for example).

I should clarify, I don't think Jaime is an idiot or anything. I just don't think he could be considered intelligent, like perhaps Sam, Tyrion, LF, or Varys. Jaime was never the think things through kind of person. He has had to adapt since losing his hand, but he's never going to be as smart as his brother.

Cercei's prophecy

Mixed with this dany prophecy of dauther and death and dont seperate the end into different sentence;

It could be interpretted;

1-Dany returns where she feel home(Essos), weakened after the war(little girl)

2-Even still she is weakened, she leaves westeros will being on the winning side. (Dothraki way, dragging the foe's body being your horse)

3-Jaime(the white Lion) is with her in her trip to Vaes Dotrak in the Dothraki Sea(or he follow her)

4-Dany takes command of the Dothraki, the old crone approve her

5-Dany finally stop Slavery in Essos. (And I assume it will take years, some forshadowing with Olive Trees predicted some 21year if i remember)

How can Westeros be her home when she lived her entire life in Essos, to her they will be some alien race.

She will win Jaime's heart or alliegence, causing Cercei's demise.

ETA: Dany's fanboy will be happy to see her alive and Queen at the end, and Stannis lover (me) will be happy to see her gtfo and let him rules Westeros in peace. :D

3. Given the current locations of Dany and Jaime, I would interpret the 'white lion' as Tyrion whose hair is described as being so blond that it almost white.

They've never met before as Dany was born on Dragonstone. If they do meet, she'll kill him immediately, and I will hate her for it.

I had to rub my eyes for a minute...you do know we were discussing JAIME, not STANNIS? Or have you been hitting the sauce SENP? :lol:

I believe someone would get stabbed and/or burnt crispy after a speech of some sort.

Seems on the cards. If Jaime meets Dany he will likely meet Tyrion who has challenged him to a duel, too.

Looking at all of this, it seems to me that if Jaime were to meet Dany for the first time after all these years he would probably just fall apart with emotion. To go for so many years pushing away the memories of how he was unable to keep his promise to Reagor to protect his family..and how he himself was involved in the slaying of his father- and then suddenly to have Dany before him, how could he even take it? To avoid all those memories and emotions only to have them thrown back you... having a replica of Reagor's eyes suddenly staring back at him in the form of his little sister.

W... T... F... ?

What on earth gives you the impression Jaime is like to break down in tears before Dany? Jaime has no regrest whatsoever about killing Aerys. And he never met Dany before, either. Your memory serves you poorly. Dany was born on Dragonstone after her father was killed (by Jaime, just in case you forgot) and then stolen away to the east.

As for how the meeting will go. I imagine Dany will be furious at this "false knight." Jaime will give her much the same speech she gave to Brienne when she accused him of the same thing. And I imagine Dany will be just as shocked as Brienne was. Or, perhaps, she will deny it and accuse him of being a craven and a liar, thus cementing her Mad Queen image... actually, the latter is most likely.

But what matters most is Dany would be the one who would more likely break down, assuming she does not refuse to even listen. Jaime is the single person who holds all the truths about what happened and how wrong Dany is about what she thinks about everything that happened. Barristan knows it all too, but the difference is Jaime will give it to her raw and it will cut..

Archived