Small Questions v 10018

Stubby

And ponies. Every girl deserves a pony! :D

There was a thread on this a while back or this was discussed in an older version of small questions. I recall somebody pointing out an SSM in which Martin said Beth and the others taken from WF are in a very bad place. At least Ramsay is busy now.

There was a thread on this a while back or this was discussed in an older version of small questions. I recall somebody pointing out an SSM in which Martin said Beth and the others taken from WF are in a very bad place. At least Ramsay is busy now.

I think that was probably this SSM:

Q: But my brother points out that everyone from Winterfell is dead - I tell him that's not certain. We don't know what happened with Old Nan, for instance.

A: Most of the women and children from Winterfell are still alive, though they are not in a good place by any means.

Never drink with Dornishmen when the moon is full.

What in the seven hells does that mean?

On the surface - just what it says. Drinking with Dornishmen when it's full moon is risky (maybe you get drunker than usual, or maybe they're more aggressive when drunk). Iirc it's given as an example of an absurd superstition.

Is it known where Baelish or Queen of thorns got the poison that killed Joff?

In CoK prologue Cressen calls the potion "the strangler". Only faceless men, the citital, and the alchemist of lys knows how to make it

I think I recall Tyrion seeing a tiny vial in the Maester's stash of potions (I don't recall if it was Pycelle or not...) Something about a tiny vial the size of a little finger....? I seem to remember thinking that description interesting... Anyone with the magic ability to pull quotes out of thin air care to help?

I think I recall Tyrion seeing a tiny vial in the Maester's stash of potions (I don't recall if it was Pycelle or not...) Something about a tiny vial the size of a little finger....? I seem to remember thinking that description interesting... Anyone with the magic ability to pull quotes out of thin air care to help?

Yeah, this was Pycelle's stash, which he stole if I'm not mistaking. Tyrion never mentions it again after, so perhaps LF stole it from Tyrions hidingplace.

Were you thinking of this?

With fumbling hands, the old man lit a candle and carried it to the workroom beneath the rookery stair, where his ointments, potions, and medicines stood neatly on their shelves. On the bottom shelf behind a row of salves in squat clay jars he found a vial of indigo glass, no larger than his little finger. It rattled when he shook it. Cressen blew away a layer of dust and carried it back to his table.

Shhhh!!! Let me live in my happy place where Beth has rainbows, ponies, and butterflies!!!!

Which of the kingsguard apart from jamie travelled to winterfell in Got with king Bob?

Boros and Meryn

Two of the Kingsguard had come north with King Robert. Bran had watched them with fascination, never quite daring to speak to them. Ser Boros was a bald man with a jowly face, and Ser Meryn had droopy eyes and a beard the color of rust. Ser Jaime Lannister looked more like the knights in the stories, and he was of the Kingsguard too, but Robb said he had killed the old mad king and shouldn’t count anymore. The greatest living knight was Ser Barristan Selmy, Barristan the Bold, the Lord Commander of the Kingsguard.

Which of the kingsguard apart from jamie travelled to winterfell in Got with king Bob?

Boros Blount and Meryn Trant

Two of the Kingsguard had come north with King Robert. Bran had watched them with fascination, never quite daring to speak to them. Ser Boros was a bald man with a jowly face, and Ser Meryn had droopy eyes and a beard the color of rust. Ser Jaime Lannister looked more like the knights in the stories, and he was of the Kingsguard too, but Robb said he had killed the old mad king and shouldn’t count anymore.

ETA. :ninja:

Where do we first learn of the Ironman conquest of Torrhen's Square?

We first learn of the attack on Torrhen's Square in ACoK.

ACoK, Bran VI

The rest had left eight days past, six hundred men from Winterfell and the nearest holdfasts. Cley Cerwyn was bringing three hundred more to join them on the march, and Maester Luwin had sent ravens before them, summoning levies from White Harbor and the barrowlands and even the deep places inside the wolfswood. Torrhen’s Square was under attack by some monstrous war chief named Dagmer Cleftjaw.

ACoK, Bran VII

Maester Luwin shook his head, though it was plain to see what the effort cost him. “Cerwyn boy’s dead. Ser Rodrik, Leobald Tallhart, Lady Hornwood . . . all slain. Deepwood fallen, Moat Cailin, soon Torrhen’s Square. Ironmen on the Stony Shore. And east, the Bastard of Bolton.

First confirmation that the Iron Born hold Torrhen Square, I think, comes from Stannis in ASoS, Jon XI

Tywin Lannister has named Roose Bolton his Warden of the North, to reward him for betraying your brother. The ironmen are fighting amongst themselves since Balon Greyjoy’s death, yet they still hold Moat Cailin, Deepwood Motte, Torrhen’s Square, and most of the Stony Shore.

and then from Asha in AFfC, The Iron Captain chapter

To end this war before this war ends us. We have won all that we are like to win . . . and stand to lose all just as quick, unless we make a peace. I have shown Lady Glover every courtesy, and she swears her lord will treat with me. If we hand back Deepwood Motte, Torrhen’s Square, and Moat Cailin, she says, the northmen will cede us Sea Dragon Point and all the Stony Shore.

Archived